Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. Empty
PostSubject: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:21 am

Bloodgood's bassist Michael Bloodgood is releasing his first solo album "Michael Bloodgood and friends"
This first album of Michael Bloodgood will be released in Januari 2008.
The album contents songs Michael has written.
Michael will be assisted by Les Carlsen, Oz Fox, Mark Welling, Paul Michael Bloodgood and Jeff McCormack.
Michael is telling this about the album:"'Stylistically, this CD is all over the board! From Beatles-influenced music to, you guessed it, heavy metal".

Now I an very anxious to hear how this albums sounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:55 am

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:33 pm

If this is a so-called solo album does this mean there isn't going to be a new "BLOODGOOD" album in erly 2008?
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Sounds like the same situation Stryper was in when Reborn came out. everyone was quick to point out that it was basically a Michael Sweet solo album featuring the members of Stryper. Now this sounds like a new Bloodgood album with a new name. My guess is this IS the new Bloodgood album. Like with the 2 guys from petra disc, why not just call it Bloodgood since that what it is. 2 Guys from Petra should've been called.....Petra
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:05 pm

This is what it says on www.bloodgood.com...
Quote :
WORSHIP CD UPDATE: Michael's solo project "Michael Bloodgood and Friends" is currently scheduled to be released in January 2008. The CD will have performances by Mark Welling and Les Carlsen.

So maybe, just maybe this is a different project then a new Bloodgood album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Me too. I am always very skeptical about "solo albums" from artists in established bands.
It is usually a solo album because the band cannot effectively get together to record (which doesn't seem to be the case here), or because it is stylistically (sp?) different from the bands regualr material.
If it is the latter, that may or may not be a good thing.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 7:36 am

If this was the new Bloodgood (band) album, it wouldn't be called Michael's "solo" album or contain the name "Michael Bloodgood & Friends"...

The new Bloodgood (band) album will be a band record...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:40 am

I have to agree with Shawn. I think that this truly is a solo project. I don't think that you would go to all the trouble to reunite just to record a project for one of your band members. Sure, using Les and Mark will help draw old fans, but Michael has been very open that this is HIS project--not Bloodgood.

Quote :
Like with the 2 guys from petra disc, why not
just call it Bloodgood since that what it is. 2 Guys from Petra
should've been called.....Petra

That's what I originally thought. I was SO excited to hear that Bob and John were going to do another rock worship project together. I was hoping for something of the caliber of "Petra Praise 2". But, what we got was two old guys getting together for old time's sake and recording a bunch of stale worship tunes without even "Petra-fying" them into their own sound. As sad as this disc is, it isn't truly worthy of the Petra name. Now, if they choose to do this again in the future, I hope that they see their mistake and once again raise the Petra banner and really kick it. So what if they don't get to tour or get played on the radio? I don't hear Deliverance whining 'cause the radio doesn't play them. Saint knew that they would not be able to sustain a major tour when they decided to start recording again.

Bob-John, the fans want another REAL Petra disc!!! You have the capabilities: songwriting, musical talent, Bob's pro-quality recording studio, friends to help you complete the studio tracks, etc. Get back to work--retirement is for the dead!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.   Michael Bloodgood's first solo album. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Bloodgood's first solo album.
Page 1 of 1