Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EVER CHANGING AVATARS

Go down 
+17
metaldude
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
Deepfriar
Samson
alldatndensum
oteis
xenonlion
Staybrite
Xid
Driven
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 7:30 pm

I got the Dogcats!  I got the Dogcats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:12 am

Are you sure it isn't a Catdog? Oh wait, I forgot that looks like this:

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 Catdog
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:36 am

^ I always did like that show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:13 pm

So its another week gone and my new album cover this week is Fastway... here is a sample if you are not familiar with them..

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 am

Love Fastway. Bought that same album new at FYE for $2.22!! They had a sale on Metal albums! Also picked up Krokus "Extended Versions" for $1.44!

Sav, do you know what Dave King does now? Go to YouTube and watch something from Flogging Molly. Nothing like Fastway! I have a friend at work who loves Flogging Molly and I said "Hey, watch this!" and I played him the video for "Say What You Will". To this day he says there is no way that is the same guy. Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:04 am

Switching to what is probably my favorite Journey album. It's also my favorite Journey album cover.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:14 am

BearDad wrote:
Switching to what is probably my favorite Journey album. It's also my favorite Journey album cover.

Evolution has always been my favorite. Can't beat an opening like Majestic!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 am

Switched mine to a current favorite...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Back in the day I had a few Fastway albums.  They remind me nowadays of Rez Band mixed with Great White.  Wasn't the guitarist's name Fast Eddie Clark or something like that?  Wasn't he a guitarist with Twisted Sister before they got signed?

Anywho, I am going to change mine today to something a bit rosier.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 1:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Back in the day I had a few Fastway albums.  They remind me nowadays of Rez Band mixed with Great White.  Wasn't the guitarist's name Fast Eddie Clark or something like that?  Wasn't he a guitarist with Twisted Sister before they got signed?

The guitarist is indeed "Fast Eddie Clarke" and he never played with Twisted Sister (that was Eddie Ojeda).
Fast Eddie played guitar for Motorhead prior to starting Fastway.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 2:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

That logo is very wide!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

The guitarist is indeed "Fast Eddie Clarke" and he never played with Twisted Sister (that was Eddie Ojeda).

Also, the name came from Fast Eddie and Pete Way... "Fastway"... but Pete Way left before the first album was released and the name stuck. The last Fastway release was a year or two ago but Fast Eddie is the only original member.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 5:33 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Also, the name came from Fast Eddie and Pete Way... "Fastway"... but Pete Way left before the first album was released and the name stuck. The last Fastway release was a year or two ago but Fast Eddie is the only original member.

Yep, I think Pete Way had contract issues and Eddie held out for quite sometime trying to get him in the band.  As a matter of fact there is no "band member" on that first album in the roll of "bass player".  Only the dummer, guitarist and singer are shown.  Pete Way did however start a band without Fast Eddie named "Waysted" (now there is a silly name).

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yep, I think Pete Way had contract issues and Eddie held out for quite sometime trying to get him in the band.  As a matter of fact there is no "band member" on that first album in the roll of "bass player".  Only the dummer, guitarist and singer are shown.  Pete Way did however start a band without Fast Eddie named "Waysted" (now there is a silly name).

Ha! I never knew about Waysted. I mean I KNEW there was a band called Waysted that spelled their name funny but I thought they were doing it to be "cool" I had no idea Pete Way was involved. And honestly, I don't think I have ever heard a single song from Waysted. If Pete Way started another band with another bassist named Jason.... I wonder if they could call it Newaysted. HA!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 4:37 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Ha! I never knew about Waysted. I mean I KNEW there was a band called Waysted that spelled their name funny but I thought they were doing it to be "cool" I had no idea Pete Way was involved. And honestly, I don't think I have ever heard a single song from Waysted. If Pete Way started another band with another bassist named Jason.... I wonder if they could call it Newaysted. HA!  lol!

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 7:58 am

MikeInFla wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Evolution has always been my favorite. Can't beat an opening like Majestic!

Perhaps, but this blues piece from Departure has always been one of my favorites. This live performance isn't so good, as it's the last song of the last show of a long tour, and Steve's voice is about done in. But the studio version of the song is awesome! Steve's soulful wale with Neal's expert blues riffs ... makes me cry! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:40 am

Quote :
The last Fastway release was a year or two ago but Fast Eddie is the only original member.
I have this album (I have every album fastway has put out)...while the new album is a different sound its still 70s based and I recommend it to you guys.... here is a taste...

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 am

I have the first one on CD and used to have "All Fired Up" on cassette back when it was a recent release. Someone gave me a copy of "Waiting For The Roar" last year on vinyl. I ripped it to mp3 but didn't care for that disc at all. Just not very good, at least to my ears. So I ended up giving it to Scott Waters (he put it in one of his mail videos) and then he ended up giving it away too! So hopefully now it is in the hands of someone who will keep it and listen to it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 am

Changed mine up again - sorry staybrite. Maybe you should change your name to stayconfused!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 pm

Here we go! 

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 Happy_headbang
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 2:52 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Changed mine up again - sorry staybrite. Maybe you should change your name to stayconfused!

Don't feel bad I changed mine too!

I too have that new Fastway (thanks to SA's recommendation several months back on the CMR).  I have to say it is slightly different from their earlier albums, but still very good (and miles ahead of the albums that Fast Eddie did with Leah Hart in the lead vocal position).

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:10 am

for this week I went with one of my favorite NWOBHM bands first singles cover...Jaguar-Axe Crazy

A band that is definitely...
EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 Happy_headbang
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Are we doing one for May?

By the way, I LOVE Wayne's World. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 5:18 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Are we doing one for May?

By the way, I LOVE Wayne's World. Very Happy

I believe somebody already suggested we do May as a Star Wars theme to celebrate the holiday May 4th (May the fourth be with you).

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:49 pm

OK guys, count me in...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVER CHANGING AVATARS
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next