Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honesty pays, right?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Honesty pays, right? Empty
PostSubject: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 am

Sometimes it does (2:15)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

The kid deserved what happened to him..he broke the rules! He should have quietly left and took the guns home or just kept his mouth shut and no one would have known... He was foolish for making the call he did... Thats the way I see it... sometimes keeping something to yourself is the right move...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 pm

So if you are driving down a street past a school, and the school zone is marked with flashing lights that are NOT flashing as you pass them, but start to flash after you go by, and you get pulled over for speeding through a school zone ... are you breaking the rules!

Give the kid a break; I don't believe he "deserved what happened to him", as he simply forgot to put his guns away after hunting.  Now I will agree that THAT is stupid ... don't ever leave your guns in your car! And always put your tools away when you are finished with them ... whatever they are!. 

I will also agree that asking his mother to take the guns may not have been the wisest choice. Sadly, I'm not sure he had many choices outside of simply keeping quiet and hoping no-one noticed. Of course, with MY luck someone would have walked by the car, seen the guns, and called the cops, creating a lockdown, panic, and media frenzy!

Again, put your tools away when you are done with them.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 pm

I realize it's a different world these days.....but EVERYONE in my high school had guns and knives in their vehicles all the time....because we all hunted pretty much whatever happened to be in season at the time.
And pretty much everyone had a pocketknife or even a large folding knife in a belt carrier in school.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 pm

I had a permanent fade mark on all my jeans from the huge Swiss Army knife I carried! LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 am

Quote :
So if you are driving down a street past a school, and the school zone is marked with flashing lights that are NOT flashing as you pass them, but start to flash after you go by, and you get pulled over for speeding through a school zone ... are you breaking the rules!

the way I see it is the rules about guns were already in place and the kid new the rules to begin with and he made a mistake but even if we make an honest mistake we still have to face the consequence... so if I was driving down the street and I knew there was a school zone and I sped through it (maybe accidentally) I still deserve the ticket..and if the lights came on when I was half way through and I pass the last light (maybe not knowing it was on) I still deserve the ticket because if I was paying attention I would have know it was about time for the light to come on...like I say, many times in life we still have to pay for the mistake even if it was accidental.... Guns and knifes at school and even talking about guns and knifes at school is against the rules (and the law in some states) and even if we dont like it we still have to play by the rules...the video and the college that gave the kid a scholarship are praising the kid because they dont like the rules and think they are ignorant..the kid should walk away from this incident understanding that mistakes are not tolerated period..it sucks I know, but it is how it is..people have lost their jobs over this kind of stuff and its the lesson the kid needs to get..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honesty pays, right?   Honesty pays, right? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honesty pays, right?
Page 1 of 1