Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Worthy Cause

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

My friends,

I hate unsolicited requests for money just as much as the next person, but I heard about this need, and the fundraiser setup for it, through some friends of mine and feel compelled to pass it along any way I can. If the mods feel I shouldn't have posted it then no doubt they will delete it. Smile

The amount being requested by this fundraiser is relatively small, only $5,500, and yet in the two months since it was started only $525 have been raised!  The funds may not be for cancer research or hungry children in some foreign land, but they are for a cause that is just as worthy: it is to help an individual who in turn works to help homeless people in the region where he lives. If we can buy baked goods, pizzas, cookie dough, popcorn, etc., for our kids’ fundraisers to help their schools buy P.E. equipment, something our tax money should already be paying for, then surely we can afford to help this kind-hearted man meet his financial needs! Please visit the “gofundme” link below, read the brief purpose for the fundraiser, and consider contributing what you can. If 250 people give just $20 the goal will be reached! Even if you do not feel compelled to give, consider sharing the fundraiser with your friends and family, either via email or with the "Share On Facebook" link at the gofundme site.

Gofundme Fundraiser: http://www.gofundme.com/ip91c8

Note: while this fundraiser was started by, and is being run by, a chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA), it is not for CMA, does not involve CMA, and is not a CMA sanctioned fundraiser. CMA’s one and only fundraiser is Run for the Son (http://www.cmausa.org/run-for-the-son/), the sole purpose for which is to promote the Gospel throughout the world.

Thank you, and God bless!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:15 am

Ten days later and not even $100 more.  What's more three of four donations since I posted this are from people in my own CMA chapter! Sad sad sad.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 am

Sorry BearDad. We allocate funds for giving in the budget and since my wife lost her job in December, those funds have had to pay our bills. If she gets a job soon, we can help some...
Back to top Go down

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 am

Quote :
Ten days later and not even $100 more.  What's more three of four donations since I posted this are from people in my own CMA chapter! Sad sad sad.

scratch  maybe I am wrong here and if so I am sorry but it sounds like you are trying to guilt us into giving by shaming us with sad sad sad... Evil or Very Mad  Thats not right....
Back to top Go down
BearDad

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :

scratch  maybe I am wrong here and if so I am sorry but it sounds like you are trying to guilt us into giving by shaming us with sad sad sad... Evil or Very Mad  Thats not right....

Sorry, i didn't mean to come across that way, as that wasn't my intention. I should have been more clear, perhaps said a little more, as I am merely frustrated at how little my efforts paid off.  I posted this EVERYwhere ... FB, Twitter, multiple forums, emails, and only one person outside my own circle of local friends gave anything (which is cool, if you can't give then that's fine), and besides him only two other people responded. I don't even hear SQUAT from my own family! It just proves no good deed goes unpunished.

I am even more frustrated at the "Christian" organization that calls themselves CMA, as the national office refuses to spread the word lest people think it is a CMA fundraiser! Talk about political BS; just one more reason to quit the organization, which I will likely do. 

Again, sorry ... I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm pushing a guilt trip.  But as long as you're feeling guilty ...  Twisted Evil  In all seriousness, I don't mind if the powers that be want to lock or delete this thread. Unfortunately I can't do it myself now that others have responded to it. Even my response to bump it may have made that impossible.

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Sorry BearDad. We allocate funds for giving in the budget and since my wife lost her job in December, those funds have had to pay our bills. If she gets a job soon, we can help some...

Hey, no biggie. Like I just posted (see above), I didn't mean to sound like I was laying on a guilt trip. I just wanted to bump the thread in the hopes that someone who hadn't seen it before might be able to help. Unfortunately, my frustration in the whole "try to do something good and see nothing come from it, but do something bad and the watch as the world takes you down a notch" nonsense came out in my post.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 10:48 am

For what it's worth, it's largely 3 things when it comes to me:
1. God needs to direct me to give to a particular cause (there's no shortage of choices, of course)
2. Lack of personal connection.
3. I won't consider any of the GoFundMe type deals since you lose 7% (usually) right off the top. I send direct or not at all.

BearDad

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 am

topshot rhit wrote:

3. I won't consider any of the GoFundMe type deals since you lose 7% (usually) right off the top. I send direct or not at all.

That I was not aware of. Sad  That's a shame, but it makes sense. The site has to have some way to collect money, as they are a business after all.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am

Yep. Technically their fee is 5% plus almost 3% for the payment source they use similar to Paypal. GoFundMe Pricing

Sponsored content

A Worthy Cause Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Worthy Cause   A Worthy Cause I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Worthy Cause
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: