Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Rivel news.

Go down 
+2
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christian Rivel news. Empty
PostSubject: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 am

Christian has changed his last name from Rivel to Liljegren. It
is with sadness my wife and I went separate ways this year and I took
back my family name again.
My record company Rivel Records will be called Christian Music Sweden.
Now we have to search for Christian Music Sweden instead of Rivel Records.

Sad news to hear when christians are separated.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:17 pm

WOW! That's shocking really. I wonder if she's falling away from the faith? He's been getting bolder with his music.

I have a hard time believing a pair of true Christians can divorce. I mean look at the Randy and Paula White thing in FL. It's utterly ridiculous to suggest their individual ministries are apparently more important than their marriage.

nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:07 pm

This is actually Christian's third marriage I believe. I don't think that we can assess why divorces happen like this, but we should pray for Christian's ministry and for him personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Being married to a musician, especially one as seemingly busy as Christian Rivel, is very, very difficult and can put a strain on even the strongest of unions.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:51 pm

I too am very shocked when Christian couples divorce. But statistically it is nearly as common as among non Chirstians.

This was at least his second marriage (from what I have read). I can bet it was a difficult decision for them both.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 5:10 pm

Christian asked for prayers.
I am always very sorry to see when christian couples divorce.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:05 pm

I
Quote :
too am very shocked when Christian couples divorce. But statistically it is nearly as common as among non Christians.

Actually, the Barna Group did a study a couple of years ago and found that the divorce rate in the church is actually higher! That blew my mind to read!

I am sorry that Christian and his wife cannot work out their differences. I know first hand what it is like to have a marriage on the rocks but decide to stick with it and worth through the issues. With God, all things are possible--even working out marital problems.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 9:01 am

Quote :
With God, all things are possible--even working out marital problems.

AMEN.

You have to have the will to go together to God and ask Him to help to solve your marriage problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:04 pm

He had changed his name from Liljegren to Rivel when he married this wife following the breakup of a previous marriage, so it would only make sense that he would take his birth name back.

Very sorry to hear that his marriage is ending.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
He had changed his name from Liljegren to Rivel when he married this wife following the breakup of a previous marriage, so it would only make sense that he would take his birth name back.

Yes but worse than a personal name change, he now has to change the name of his record company. That could be hard on his business to have to switch identities. I'm sure it will mean some revenue loss (both real and potential).

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 4:01 am

topshot rhit wrote:
WOW! That's shocking really. I wonder if she's falling away from the faith? He's been getting bolder with his music.

I have a hard time believing a pair of true Christians can divorce. I mean look at the Randy and Paula White thing in FL. It's utterly ridiculous to suggest their individual ministries are apparently more important than their marriage.
This is actually Christian's second divorce. As stated above divorce within the church is actually as high (and sometimes higher) than in the "world". It's fairly common among the Christian metal scene as well with notable folks like Rob Rock having been married more than once as well. Personally, I have been married three times myself and kinda resent the statement that "true" Christians can't divorce.
Quote :
Yes but worse than a personal name change, he now has to change the name of his record company. That could be hard on his business to have to switch identities. I'm sure it will mean some revenue loss (both real and potential).
I thought about that also when I read this news. The name "Rivel Records" is pretty well known even in the secular scene right now. I would hate to see him lose his livliehood or have to take some setbacks. It took him quite a while to build up the solid reputation and connections he has now.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:36 am

I don't think that he should change the name again. Sure, it will be his ex's last name, but the company name has a bit of a following. I think it would be a major setback to lose that identity.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 am

Rivel Records also sounds much cooler than Christian Music Sweden. Maybe his wife wouldn't let him keep it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rivel news.   Christian Rivel news. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Rivel news.
Page 1 of 1