Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guilty Pleasure

Go down 
+9
xenonlion
Driven
Samson
oteis
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Xid
ishmael81
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:24 pm

No that isn't the name of a glam metal band (although it could be...).

Most of you know of my love of punk and post-punk music. Love it. It's loud, it's passionate, it's rowdy. Love it. I like hard rock and some metal. Despite some differences, I love Johnny Cash. I've long said he was punk rock before punk rock was punk rock.

But the artist that doesn't fit with my Johnny Cash-Five Iron Frenzy-Minor Threat-Crucified-SexPistols-Ramones-AC/DC collection?

Brad Paisley. I can't help it. The dude's funny. And he can play that Telecaster like a boss.

What's your guilty pleasure? What band or artist do you listen to that would make all of us go Guilty Pleasure SuspectGuilty Pleasure Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:29 pm

I enjoy listening to The Bunters' Millenial Swing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:45 pm

ABBA

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:46 pm

I can't really say that I have a "guilty pleasure" as that kind of seems that you would want to hide what you listen to.

For me, I have and enjoy several times a year the soundtrack to the movie "Grease".  I know every word and can tell you what is happening during each song.

I also have some newer things that I have bought to help me research and decide what to do with my blues album with the cigar box guitars.  I want to learn from other artists using these but don't want to copy exactly what they are doing.  I've bought downloads from Justin Johnson, Shane Speal & The Snakeoil Band, Samantha Fish, Hymn For Her, Glenn Kaiser, and A.J. Gaither.  Except for Glenn, none of these artists appear to be Christian (a couple are atheists) but they are amazing artists that are reinventing guitar by making it simple for anyone to play and then doing some amazing things with these simple instruments. 

I also have been rediscovering both AC/DC and Twisted Sister.  These were two of my favorite bands growing up and I have been checking out their music again.  I love Angus Young's guitar work and Dee Snider's voice.

So, these all might fit under the category, but I ain't guilty about any of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:02 am

@xid - I'll have to look that up...

@staybrite - HAHAHAHAHAHA! I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay!!!

@alldat - I see your point. Maybe not guilty pleasure so much as what is surprising that you listen to?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:18 am

Hey, nothing wrong with ABBA

For me it is 80s synthpop, although that's not really a "guilty" one.  I guess my true guilty pleasure is Katy Perry and the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga album Cheek to Cheek.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am

No ABBA's okay. I also liked what's-his-name's version of their tunes on Swedish Hitz Goes Metal.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

@staybrite - HAHAHAHAHAHA! I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay!!!

That confession always get's a laugh, but I have been a fan of them since I got my first cassette player and a small handful of cassettes when I was in the fourth grade.  I remember having two store-bought cassettes and one copy from one of my father's albums.  The copy was from the C.W. McCall album that had the "Convoy" song.  The two store bought tapes where Paper Lace, and ABBA's "Arrival" album.  Still like the band to this day.

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 pm

well you guys know I like new wave, techno and dance but I also am a fan of ....

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

That confession always get's a laugh, but I have been a fan of them since I got my first cassette player and a small handful of cassettes when I was in the fourth grade.  I remember having two store-bought cassettes and one copy from one of my father's albums.  The copy was from the C.W. McCall album that had the "Convoy" song.  The two store bought tapes where Paper Lace, and ABBA's "Arrival" album.  Still like the band to this day.

Yeah, they aren't terrible... lol. Just kidding. I like them more than I let on I guess. We have a greatest hits disc that I listen to occasionally.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
well you guys know I like new wave, techno and dance but I also am a fan of ....

Dean Martin's great. I like that Tom Jones' song when Five Iron Frenzy covered it. And Ricky Nelson... what can be said? He's good stuff too.
Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Also really like this as well...

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

yeah Ishmael..my favorite album by Tom Jones is called ..The Lead And How To Swing It....It is a cool album with a modern sound...

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:49 pm

I like Wanda and Buck too. And it hasn't happened in a long time, but I've been whiskey bent and hell bound...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Also really like this as well...

Wow that is absolutely fantastic!  I can't believe I've never heard of her before.  I did get an album a year or so ago from a young female artist by the name of Heidi Feek who sounds as if she was directly inspired by Wanda Jackson (and Patsy Cline).

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:35 pm

How about Pet Shop Boys Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:51 pm

My guilty pleasure? Vesela, a Bulgarian pop singer.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:15 pm

oteis wrote:

They have some great music.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Boney M, anyone? A friend of mine has the Nightflight to Venus tape, and when I saw their greatest hits album in a pawn shop the other day, it was almost only the fact that I had no cash on me that made me leave it there. Hey, they did Psalm 137 as "Rivers of Babylon" (but they left out the last and best [in a twisted way] verse of that psalm!). I dig "Rasputin" and "He Was A Steppenwolf" among other classic selections…

Also, I kinda like Tourniquet - Bats. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 pm

oteis wrote:

I was listening to "Go West" when I was typing my response above. In fact, I really liked Mad at the World the first time I heard them because I thought they sounded like Pet Shop Boys.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Dubstep. Linkin Park and Breaking Benjamin (their old songs).
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:07 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Hey, nothing wrong with ABBA

For me it is 80s synthpop, although that's not really a "guilty" one.  I guess my true guilty pleasure is Katy Perry and the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga album Cheek to Cheek.
Is this the same one with Tommy Reinxeed doing the vocals?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm

I like Roar by Katy Perry. I love Skyscraper by Demi Lovato. Haha Those are definitely two guilty pleasures of mine.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:34 pm

I'm also one of those whom the term "Guilty Pleasure" doesn't really apply to, as I listen to all genres of all styles of music (From ABBA to ZOEGirl)... 
but I will answer using the angle "What do I listen to that would be surprising to people who know me"-

I will occasionally listen to a 2 disc set of Michael Jackson's greatest hits (that's probably the biggest surprise, as I usually trash on the person, but not his music) - - 
Also - I have albums by and occasionally listen to Cher, Elvis, Hall n Oates, The Carpenters, Prince, Rick Springfield, Richard Marx, Rod Stewart, and Wilson Phillips.

As for Christian bands/artists... same thing. I listen to tons of stuff from pop-punk to bubble gum bands, from Black Gospel to Southern Gospel.

It constitutes about 1% of my music listening, as most of the time I listen to my rock and metal and a little pop... but I still dig multiple styles of music that a lot of people my age and sex wouldn't be caught dead listening to  Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 am

Today it would be this, but it might be something entirely different tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guilty Pleasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure   Guilty Pleasure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next