Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away

Go down 
+3
BearDad
Staybrite
Hardkore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away Empty
PostSubject: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/leonard-nimoy-dies-at-83-171803235.html

A truly sad day, R.I.P. Mr . Spock. He lived long and prospered.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Sad to hear.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away B-3jkiYW0AAxwgl

His final tweet. Rest long and prosper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Mr. Spock has been set free to live among the stars in the galaxy...We will miss you Leonard Nimoy..
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:50 am

I enjoyed his work on Fringe. At one point he wasn't available but did some voice over work and this was a very cool episode. If you have never seen Fringe and you like X-Files type shows, I recommend it. The complete series is on Neflix:

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am

That's sad.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 am

As a Trekkie, Mr. Nimoy will be missed as I have watched countless hours of his work over and over again.

However, this is deeper than that for me.  My dad is the one who introduced me to Star Trek.  He took me to the movies only one time in my life and that was to see "The Search For Spock".  I didn't know who Spock was or why we were looking for him.  We then rented "The Motion Picture" and "The Wrath Of Khan" and watched those.  Okay, now this Star Trek stuff is getting cooler.  Then, the local FOX network started showing reruns of the original series and we started watching that every night.  I loved it!  It meant enough to me that my dad and I had something that only the two of us really liked together.  Seing that we had a lot of things that kept us apart, this was huge for us.  As an adult, I took him to see "The Undiscovered Country", "First Contact", "Insurrection", and "Nemesis" and finally 2009's "Star Trek".

Spock was a character I could relate to.  I've always been nerdy and was picked on a lot in high school.  I didn't exactly feel human the way that others treated me.  In some ways, I feel like my dad gave me a hero in Mr. Spock that I could relate to as Spock always struggled to come to grips with his humanity and how he fit in.  So, on that aspect, I feel like I've lost something because one of my teenage (and adult) heroes is gone.

Having the Star Trek bond with my dad, it kind of feels like I've lost him all over again.  Sure, I was saddened by DeForest Kelley's and James Doohan's deaths, but this is the first one that really hurts.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away   Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) passed away
Page 1 of 1