Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Writting Songs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm not writting songs and I'm not a musician but had a question about it. When a song writter writes a song and the writter of the song writes the lyrics and music does that mean that the drum parts, bass parts, guitar parts and keyboard parts are also written for them or do the individual artists create their own parts for the song
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 pm

That depends on how a song is written.  If the song only has guitar with it's melody and lyrics then the other band members can create their parts around what has been written.  If the song writer has written all of the parts and insists that each member play their part as written, then that's up to the song writer.  I prefer to let each band member create their parts around the basic idea and let it evolve into something great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 am

When I write music and present it to fellow musicians I am playing with I usually allow them to come up with their own ideas to add to it but every once in awhile I do have a specific drum or bass idea to go along with it..However, I am currently writing and recording music and I am writing and playing each instruments parts so when it is finished and I start playing it live I would expect it to be played the way I wrote it...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:25 am

When I write, I mostly have everything done except for guitar solos and drum parts.  With the solos, I let whoever is doing the lead just make something up so it feels natural.  I do the same for the drums, but I do some coaching when I have a certain idea in my head for particular parts.  I have yet to use a keyboard in a song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
..However, I am currently writing and recording music and I am writing and playing each instruments parts so when it is finished and I start playing it live I would expect it to be played the way I wrote it...
What if, say, the drummer came up with a better piece than what you wrote?
Back to top Go down

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Quote :
What if, say, the drummer came up with a better piece than what you wrote?
I feel if an artist writes, records and offers music for sale the live sound should be the same as the studio album...When I go see an artist I dont mind extended guitar solos but I do expect the song overall (guitar, drums, bass and vocals, Keyboards) too be close to the studio album..so in short I want the live sound of anything I write to be the same as the studio album...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:06 pm

I get ya.  I didn't apply it to a recorded song being played live.  I applied it to it's written and you give it to somebody to play and they come up with something better.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 am

I've played in both types of bands. Some writers insist on everything sounding their way and aren't open to the ideas of others. That can be hard to work with. I personally like to be able to get in a room with a basic idea and collaborate. Different people are strong in different areas. I once had written two or three complete songs (so I thought), when the guitar player took my lyric sheets and came back with completely different music and melodies. My lyrics, his music, it worked great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writting Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writting Songs   Writting Songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writting Songs
Page 1 of 1