Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strypers New Release

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
rich71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Strypers New Release Empty
PostSubject: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Michael posted on the internet that it took 2 weeks to write all the songs for NMHTP and it took just 1 week to write the songs for the new album thats about to go into pre-production. Is that normal for it to take just a week to write 12 songs. I heard of bands taking a year maybr more to write songs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 am

It depends.  Sometimes, you just get a creative streak and can throw out some good music.  Michael may have just hit that.

I remember the first Sometime Sunday album.  It was written AND recording in 13 days.  THIRTEEN DAYS! 

Guardian took over a year on the writing and then still took another year on the recording.

For my blues album, I've been writing songs for a few months now--almost a year.  However, I've only written about 7 new songs during that time.  I just write when I feel that there is something there wanting to come out.  When I add some old songs I've written and redo a couple of Mission Of One songs, I'll end up with possibly 15-16 tracks.

So, it purely just is up to the artist and how their creative juices are flowing at the time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:40 am

I remember when Michael wrote the song Believe,he said he wrote it in just 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am

Songwriting certainly comes down to the individual and what the writer deems as writing a song.  If they consider writing a song being finished lyrics, then songs can be written very quickly.  When the creative juices are flowing a full set of lyrics may be penned in a matter of minutes.  Personally, I've had lyrics for a couple of songs take months to work out.  One in particular took about a year.  Every time I tried working on it, it was forced and came out cheesy.  So I put it on the back burner while I worked on others.

If the writer considers a written song to be music and lyrics, more than likely they've had a melody floating in their head and they put words to it and figure out the chord structure.  Or vice versa.  This too, can happen very quickly when the muses are showing their faces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:46 am

Until Stryper delivers a bad album, I won't worry about how long the writing takes. 10 minutes or 10 years, this band always delivers and the songwriting has always been strong. I wouldn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Never said I was worried about it. Was just curious is all. Mike also said that this next cd is considered by him to be one of the most important for him and the band. I'm assuming and yes I don't want to make a butt out of myself Smile that he daid that because this cd fullfills the contract as to how many cd they signed for with Frontiers. So if this cd does well Frontiers will extent the recording deal.

Mike daid thst they are in pre-production. What does that mean..
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 pm

rich71 wrote:
Never said I was worried about it. Was just curious is all.  Mike also said that this next cd is considered by him to be one of the most important for him and the band. I'm assuming and yes I don't want to make a butt out of myself Smile that he daid that because this cd fullfills the contract as to how many cd they signed for with Frontiers. So if this cd does well Frontiers will extent the recording deal.

Mike daid thst they are in pre-production. What does that mean..

Basically the rest of the guys are coming over to Michael's house so he can teach them the songs before they actually start recording the album, according to Michael in another interview I read with him. He said that they will hopefully turn the album in in May and then probably and Oct or Nov release. Basically pre-production is getting everything ready before actually recording the album

I think if the album is successful, they will stay on with Frontiers. I thought it was originally a 3 album deal (Second Coming, The Covering & NMHTP) but I guess not.

Michael does seem to be one of the busiest artist in music. Remember that on Tuesday he has the new Sweet Lynch album coming out.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Actually Second Coming, NMHTP, and Live at the Whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strypers New Release   Strypers New Release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strypers New Release
Page 1 of 1