Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got another album from my top 10 wanted list

Go down 
+4
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Got another album from my top 10 wanted list Empty
PostSubject: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 am

Not only did I finally score an original LP of this melodic hard rock masterpiece from 1987, when it arrived I realized it was STILL SEALED ! 
Perfect timing as my new stylus arrived also, so I'll be spinning this bad boy with a brand new needle ! Woo hoooo !
Got another album from my top 10 wanted list 20150110

Got another album from my top 10 wanted list 20150111
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:29 am

Never heard of them or that label. Nice find though.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Wow nice score, do you convert to MP3 or just listen to your rare vinyl?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 pm

While I have the abilities to convert vinyl to mp3 or even uncompressed higher quality files (and i have done this with many albums in the past) -approximately 90% of the vinyls I buy, I already have in mp3 format from multiple sources and friends over the years.

I collected mp3 albums over the years via "piracy" (for lack of a better term)- then I listened to and rated each album according to my own personal preferences. Now that I have hundreds of albums I've rated, my goal is to collect all the ones I rated highly (my website shows my rating system: 1 thru 4... anything with a 3 or above, I want an original to own). 

It is the music collection I've always dreamed of owning: a collection where I like or love every album. 

As for listening to the vinyls I buy, I do that before work in the mornings, also when I do housework or other projects (honey-do's) and esp while folding clothes since i turned the spare bedroom into a laundry room as well as my media room.

Other collectors have freaked out on me when they learn that I scored an extremely rare SEALED vinyl from 30 to 35 years ago... and opened it to listen to it. I always respond with "I didn't buy it to look at, I bought it to listen to and enjoy...and if a collector who likes to keep things in the original unopened package is shocked that I opened mine up right away, then they should stop selling to me" Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Its so awesome to find something you have been searching for...I had never heard of this band so I you-tubed it and they are pretty awesome...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:48 pm

I open all my vinyl too. But sometimes I will leave the plastic on the outside and slice open the middle. Did this with Zeppelin I but completely took the wrap off Zeppelin II & III since they are gatefold. But I play everything I buy. Why even buy it if I am not going to listen to it??
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:56 pm

What's number one on you list?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Number 1 on my list is something I've only ever owned on cassette and never seen on cd or vinyl... but I'm hoping to someday find it on either LP or CD = 
Crossection- Before the Dawn 

I have a recording of it from my old tape, but the tape eventually bit the dust.

#2 is the self titled and only release by an amazing 80s metal band called CRY (stands for "Christ Rose for You"). Sounds like a heavier version of Stryper. I have a CD-R that the guitarist gave me -he said it was never released on cd, just on vinyl. Unfortunately I've seen the vinyl on ebay only once and they wanted 175.00 for it. 

#3 any or all 3 releases by "100% Proof" - totally LOVE this band, but again, the only vinyl I found was going for over 80 bucks !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:08 pm

#4 Battlecry - Red White and Blue 
I've seen this vinyl for as low as 25 bucks, but haven't dished out the cash for it yet. Hoping to find it cheaper.

#5 Albrecht & Rolex - s/t (1975) -great album for fans of James Taylor. Kinda mellow, but a super album that I've only seen for 100 bucks or more. 

#6 Vital Sign - s/t (rare 2001 album on CD)

#7 Towne Cryer - Death by Sin (female fronted thrash - CD only)

#8 (was First Degree - but now that I scored it, I moved all my wants up a notch- so here's my new # 8 ) =
  Steve Grace -One Night In A Million (Australian artist that I absolutely love, but this one album is next to impossible to find)

#9 SFC - Phase III (another I had on tape but am trying to find a CD that's a reasonable price)

#10 Resurrection Band -Reach of Love (everyone selling this CD wants a ridiculous amount... it's not THAT rare. Hope to find it for a reasonable price)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

I wish that I could get a CD of your find today, Jim!  That's an awesome album that I merely have MP3 of.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

I saw a 100% Proof album once back in '87 or '88.  My friend Bobby K had it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:24 pm

I have Reach of Love, found it for like 2.99.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:36 pm

The only album on that list that I own is Reach of Love. Seeing the hard time people have finding some stuff and how much they have to pay, it makes glad that I never got rid of any of my stuff in 30 years of collecting.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Alldat: I don't think First Degree was ever released on CD... which indeed is a bummer. 

I use to have Reach of Love on CD, it was a cut-out in a bargain bin for 2 bucks. But like an idiot I went 100% digital and gave that album away.  When I got back into a physical collection, I was shocked to see that CD now going for up to 40 bucks !!!! The cheapest I've seen it so far has been 15 buck, but I decided to wait and hope for a lower price for an album that's not that rare nor is it really one of their best albums. 
I'm gonna post an updated list of all my wants soon, not just the top 10. Been a while since I posted that list and perhaps there's some here who can hook me up.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:42 pm

For anyone who doesn't have this or hasn't heard it, it's so out of print and impossible to find that I don't think it's a problem to share here. If anyone feels otherwise, I will gladly remove the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?71099xgac9ko0sk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Quote :
#2 is the self titled and only release by an amazing 80s metal band called CRY (stands for "Christ Rose for You"). Sounds like a heavier version of Stryper. I have a CD-R that the guitarist gave me -he said it was never released on cd, just on vinyl. Unfortunately I've seen the vinyl on ebay only once and they wanted 175.00 for it.

Would love to hear this..I cant find anything online or on youtube for this band....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:13 am

Like Savage Amusement, I would also love to hear CRY.  Could you post that as well since it too is out of print?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:43 am

I've never heard of this band Jim.

Used the link you have given.
This band sounds vet gaaf.
Headbang
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 am

I think I remember G/F sending me some/all of that "Cry" album.  Great music but I thought I remember the production being really poor.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Here's the link to CRY... lemme know if u want the artwork too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydjzkvb83oa05p8/Cry_(1988).rar
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:37 pm

All of the following are links I uploaded of albums that are incredibly out of print and impossible to find- there is no way the original artists can be paid for these works anymore... therefore, I am sharing all the links here for anyone interested. If this kind of thing bothers you, please message the Admins to discuss it with them and if it is indeed a problem, I will gladly remove the links. 

Paul May's A.N.D.- Get Real:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oj9cg3uagliojcp/A.N.D._-_Get_Real_(1994).rar

Full Armor Demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1gczb3uqb4z1zs/Full_Armor.rar

King's Crowd- Join the Crowd:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0rd2o372b7hzh77/Join_The_Crowd.rar
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Ziad-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oqtu9m050yjgb66/ZIAD_Do_You_Believe.rar

Trust Rocks-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/69od13a860ybxn0/Trust_Rocks.rar

Street Angel-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/42l7qgcg6rlf733/Street_Angel_(1986).rar
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:47 pm

PS I've actually had permission by some of the artists to share some of  these as much as I want.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 am

Although I have that Trust album, I am downloading it anyway.  Somehow, it has deleted itself from my computer and this will save me from re-ripping it.

I have the A.N.D. album already in both MP3 (thanks to a previous friend) and in CD.

The others, however, I don't have and will snag right now.

I have quite a few of albums like this that were rare in CD format.  I have a few more like Plain Clothes and Dynamo that were cassette only releases that are hard to get.  I even have the full releases of Armada that are near impossible to find now.  I wish all of these could be remastered and released again on CD as they were great pieces of music.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got another album from my top 10 wanted list   Got another album from my top 10 wanted list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got another album from my top 10 wanted list
Page 1 of 1