Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motorcycles

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm

I hate motorcycles.
It's that simple. I despise them.
There have been 6 cyclist deaths in my small town just this year. Four of them were not the fault of the cyclist... but drivers who did not see them and ended up snuffing them. 2 were the result of foolish decisions on the cyclist's part.

I knew a couple of these guys. One really close. Both Christians.

My last bike was back in 86 and I lost control and hit the side of my Dad's parked truck. Tore my foot all up. Never got on another cycle since.

I think a lot of people are sick of the growing gas prices and are getting cycles.... however, I'd rather spend more on gas than risk my life on one of these things.

Your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:46 pm

I would love to own a motorcycle, but I am sure my wife would leave me. She had a close family friend die on a motorcycle.

My dad has owned several Harleys. But he can't ride 2 wheelers anymore because he lost his leg (not a motorcycle accident). He is in the process of having a custom 3 wheeler built from a Honda Goldwing. A little bit safer than 2 wheelers but not nearly as safe as a Mack truck.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:09 pm

Quote :
but not nearly as safe as a Mack truck

Smile
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:50 pm

i think motorcycles are dangerouse, but i would not mind having a 4 wheeler
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

I'd love to have a Harley, but I don't think I would still be married if I got a bike.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My dad has owned several Harleys. But he can't ride 2 wheelers anymore because he lost his leg (not a motorcycle accident).

My wife just reminded me that he "did" indeed loose his leg in a motorcycle accident (can't believe I didn't think of that). But it was not a street accident. He was riding a racing cycle in on a track in a "grand prix style" race in Italy. He didn't run into anyone (or anything) the motorcycle threw it's chain, and he wiped out.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 am

Harleys are very cool, special the sound they make.
But me driving a Harley?
No I don't think that ever will happen.
My brother and brother-in-law have both a motorbike.
Back to top Go down

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
He is in the process of having a custom 3 wheeler built from a Honda Goldwing. A little bit safer than 2 wheelers but not nearly as safe as a Mack truck.

My father had one of those. Very Happy

It is really cool-looking, but VERY different from riding a bike. I'm riding his other bike right now (a Goldwing). It's OK, but I really prefer sport bikes. I have not had a bike for many years, but I've always wanted to get another one.

I rode a bike when I was in highschool and for many years after that. You really have to be careful. I always used to ride with the concious thought in my mind that the people in cars were trying to hit me. They sure acted like it sometimes.

I only had one accident. I turned a corner to find a road crew blocking up the road. I got over to the shoulder, but lost it and skidded for about 20-25 yards, mostly on my head and left shoulder. I was wearing a helmet, so I had some road rash on my shoulder, but that was about it. I was more upset about the damage to the bike.

When I got home, I threw away the jacket and shirt I had been wearing (luckily my wife was not home yet) and acted as though nothing had happened. I did tell her after a few hours, but I wanted to make sure to break it gently, because she never wanted me to ride at all. lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
When I got home, I threw away the jacket and shirt I had been wearing (luckily my wife was not home yet) and acted as though nothing had happened. I did tell her after a few hours, but I wanted to make sure to break it gently, because she never wanted me to ride at all.

If that woulda happened to me my wife would have totally freaked out.
(I probably would have done the exact same thing).
Twisted Evil

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Motorcycles are only as dangerous as the people riding them. I have known (and I bet yall have also) several people who have been killed in car accidents, but I don't see yall crying about how bad/dangerous they are.

As long a a bike is ridden responsibly and with even a tiny bit of common sense, they are as safe as any other form of transportation.

NOW, speaking of dead people and motorcycles, we should be mourning the death of a true American hero, Evel Knievel, who got dead yesterday.....AND HE WASN'T EVEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE! Sad

Last edited by on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:32 pm

sabidoo wrote:
Motorcycles are only as dangerous as the people riding them.

It is true that people on motorcylces do dumb things (sometimes). But it is not just the stupity of the bikers that kills them, sometimes it is the stupidity of person next to them clubbing them to death with their 2 ton car.

sabidoo

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
sabidoo wrote:
Motorcycles are only as dangerous as the people riding them.

It is true that people on motorcylces do dumb things (sometimes). But it is not just the stupity of the bikers that kills them, sometimes it is the stupidity of person next to them clubbing them to death with their 2 ton car.

Then stay out of my way...DUH!!!!!Shocked
That's where the common sense comes in.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 4:12 pm

I have said this plenty of times, and it is just as true today.

There would be no motor vehicle accidents if drivers would just quit trying to be in the same place as another driver at the same time.

Also regardless of right-of-way laws, the person with the largest vehicle wins, period.

sabidoo

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have said this plenty of times, and it is just as true today.

There would be no motor vehicle accidents if drivers would just quit trying to be in the same place as another driver at the same time.

Also regardless of right-of-way laws, the person with the largest vehicle wins, period.

AGREED.....
Motorcycles Trucker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motorcycles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorcycles   Motorcycles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcycles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-