Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What ever happened to the guys in Novella?

Go down 
+3
kethdredd
Staybrite
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage

What ever happened to the guys in Novella? Empty
PostSubject: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Novella was AWESOME!! Great Christian oriented Melodic Rock...

Jonathan Pagano
(guitar/lead vocals)
What ever happened to the guys in Novella? M_571bbdab0dfeb60b7647909722344e89

Jonathan works for a wealth management firm in Tennessee.

Jon Spinola
(bass/backing vocals)
What ever happened to the guys in Novella? 556236230_l

Jon works for a security company in New Jersey.

Adam Gibson
(drums/backing vocals)

What ever happened to the guys in Novella? L_14b74198b6090e4be45de7f1e1d73caf

Adam has his own kitchen/bath design company in Indiana.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:10 pm

It's really nice to hear what old band members are doing when they stop with the band.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:13 pm

There was actually an article in Heaven's Metal (a few volumes back) about Jonathan Pagano. It sounded as if he was quite happpy with where he is.

It would be cool if they could put out some more music, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Novellas first album is one of the great AOR discs of all time. Pagnano's voice is exellent. I could never get into A Liquid Earth for some reason. LnJ needs to get him for the next album.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm

Both Novella albums are classics to me. I prefer the first one by a smidgeon just because its a little heavier. But Liquid Earth has two of the best ballads ever.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Big Novella fan here... loved them since I first heard "Give me love" on Reality Rock radio back in early 90s.

I'm trippin' on the fact that they're all in different states. You'd think they'd kinda hang around similar areas. My hope is that they're all still faithful to the True God and continuing in His Word.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Quote :
Jonathan works for a wealth management firm in Tennessee.

I don't know if he still does, but Jonathan used to do some work with the Wilson Co. Emergency Youth shelter. I wouldn't have known that, but a lady I used to go to church with works there and told me about it. She heard me mention the band one time, and she had heard him mention it. She asked him about it, and it was him. I don't know what role he played there or how involved he was with the shelter.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm

That's pretty cool Shawn. I thought Novella was one of the most underated bands back in the day next to Crystavox. What about Derek Jan?. He was the gutarist on the 2nd album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 am

No idea about Derek...

I love both of those Novella albums...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:34 am

I'm more of a fan of the first Novella disc. The 2nd one I just didn't like as much. I heard some of Jonathan's solo stuff but didn't like that at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am

I've never listened to the Novella stuff.
Time to see if I can find some of their stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:13 pm

'A Liquid Earth' has some of the best songs Novella ever wrote...

Fire In The House
Missionary
Heaven's On My Mind
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Quote :
I've never listened to the Novella stuff.
Time to see if I can find some of their stuff.

Good luck. Their first CD is usually a pricey buy on Ebay. Their 2nd CD is usually easier to find in bargain bins at used CD stores.

Shawn, I agree that it had some good songs on it, but it just seemed to have less "attitude" to me than their debut. It's isn't a bad disc--just not my favorite of the two.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:01 pm

I liked both albums pretty much equally.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:57 am

Listened to Novella's "One Big Sky"
Some songs are very cool.
Others songs I don't like so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ever happened to the guys in Novella?   What ever happened to the guys in Novella? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to the guys in Novella?
Page 1 of 1