Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Random Ramblings - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:06 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Celebrating your birthday on Mother's Day was cool this year.

Cool! Happy belated mirth day! Smile

Sadly, in our family having your birthday on Mothers Day would just be a double blow to my wife when her kids forget to say something.  The only reason daughter #2 (14 years old) said anything was because at 10 pm her mother finally made a comment about the lack of Mothers Day wishes. The only reason daughter #1 (20 years old) called to say anything was because at 10:05 daughter #2 texted her.  Meanwhile, husband #1 (me Smile) not only emailed his mother at 7 am, but wished his wife happy Mothers Day at 8 am!  Ouch! I think I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back! LOL!

Last edited by BearDad on Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:09 am

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:26 am

Thanks Xid and BearDad.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:02 pm

How did we miss your birthday?!  Happy birthday sister!!!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Every date for the next eight days will be the same forwards and backwards:

5-10-15  <- yesterday
5-11-15
5-12-15
5-13-15
5-14-15
5-15-15
5-16-15
5-17-15
5-18-15
5-19-15

Last edited by BearDad on Mon May 11, 2015 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Staybrite, I think it was because it was on Sunday and it was Mother's Day.
Most of the time I'll make the birthday threads for the CHM members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:35 pm

so yesterday I called my mom to tell her happy mothers day and chat and she told me she was busy and just set the phone down and starting talking to her friend...i finally just hung up..i just don't think its worth my effort anymore...i just don't think my mom loves us..my kids told me they don't think she loves them either...my mom told me once that if we are not gonna live and believe the way she thinks we should she didn't have any use for us..my brother told me the same thing and I haven't spoke to him in years...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Wow  Shocked
First: I'm sorry that you have to deal with something so difficult... 
Second: that is jacked up royally !!!  I probably wouldn't handle something like that very gracefully...

Again.. Wow !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Sorry to hear that SA.  Like G/F I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as it sounds like you did.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:38 am

Sorry to hear that James. I know it's tough but sometimes you have to cut toxic people out of your life. I had a friend that I had known for several years just quit talking to me when we stopped going to the same church about a year ago. I finally texted him about 4 months ago and was like "What's up? Where did our friendship go?" and he never replied.

But you know what? I have 3 or 4 guys I go to church with now that I'm way closer to than I ever was to him. And I have all you lovely people that post here (and staybrite... eh. Laughing  )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm

What really hurts guys is the way she rags against my father (who died back in 2001)..She knows I love my Dad and that he loved me...I was his first born and we had a special relationship..I miss him greatly.. She did nothing but make his life hell the whole time he was alive No ... She told me more than once that I was his child and that my brother was her child..we grew up hearing that... She told me that the only reason they helped me when I was a young adult was because of my father and if it would have been up to her she would have never helped me but she still helps and covers for my brother and his nonsense..He abandoned his kids and refuses to pay child support and told them he hated them and my mother covers for him while calling my kids trash Evil or Very Mad  Its just who she is I guess and you are right Josh..some people are toxic and need to be weeded out ..even if they are family...To be really honest if my mom died today I have no desire to go to her funeral or see my brother or anyone else...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:42 pm

I finally got an iPhone with enough memory to hold a good portion of my music, so I UL some music to my Amazon music cloud then DL them to my phone.  I then go to delete them from Amazon so I can do more (I only have the free 5gb), only to discover that deleting it from there also deletes it from my phone! I even tried deleting the music via my computer rather than the Amazon app on the phone, and it still did it. This sucks, Beavis! I used to be able to do this, but apparently the control freaks at Amazon won't let me do it anymore; if I want it on my device it has to be in the cloud. How stupid!

I've tried iTunes as well, and was quickly reminded why I DL'd the Amazon app.

Random Ramblings - Page 31 Banging%20head%20on%20wall
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:34 am

ishmael81 wrote:

But you know what? I have 3 or 4 guys I go to church with now that I'm way closer to than I ever was to him. And I have all you lovely people that post here (and staybrite... eh. Laughing  )

Yep there is always that guy at the party who tries to pee in the punch bowl.  Sometimes that guy is me!  lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:40 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
......and you are right Josh..some people are toxic and need to be weeded out ..even if they are family...To be really honest if my mom died today I have no desire to go to her funeral or see my brother or anyone else...

We have had similar issues with my sister-in-law.  She says such toxic things that we had to quit inviting her to family functions that we host.  It's really sad but we have spent decades trying to encourage her to change and she won't (or can't)

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:43 am

Note to self...When in Washington, don't drink the punch...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:56 am

metaldude wrote:
Note to self...When in Washington, don't drink the punch...
ROTFL

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:09 am

Trying to score me a good wheelchair before this weekend.  I've only ever rented them for post back surgery, but now am ready to own my own.
A friend of mine is taking me to the FACEDOWN FEST this Saturday in Los Angeles, and he said unfortunately the venue is standing room only (cuz the majority of people are slamming Rolling Eyes  ).  I obviously can no longer do those crazy things kids do anymore, and cannot merely stand for more than a 1/2 hour, so I need a wheelchair for this shindig and figured instead of renting one again, I'll just buy my own.
I don't plan to "give up" on account of my condition -I wanna keep going to events and LIVING, so I'm gonna need a place to sit and even roll around instead of walking at times.
I put out a Facebook "ISO" and tagged everyone I know locally, as well as perused the local Craigslist... So hopefully this can happen in the next 2 days  affraid -Love how I cut these things so short  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Finally getting closer to getting into our rental house and closing on our original home.  Then we'll start to look for a new home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 5:57 pm

There's nothing like a new home you can call your own.

I hated renting - I mean, you could never just knock a wall down if you wanted to... right ?  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

I love renting..I love our apartment..Its huge (1500 sq. feet) and we have a full laundry room with our own new washer and dryer and we even have our own garage..they let us decorate and even paint the inside as we want...I dont have to pay taxes or worry about anything...it frees up my time to live life Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm leaving this weekend for a week and a half to go to Northern Québec and spend some time at a native community. Pray for the trip. I probably won't be around much if at all until the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
What really hurts guys is the way she rags against my father (who died back in 2001)..She knows I love my Dad and that he loved me...I was his first born and we had a special relationship..I miss him greatly.. She did nothing but make his life hell the whole time he was alive No ... She told me more than once that I was his child and that my brother was her child..we grew up hearing that... She told me that the only reason they helped me when I was a young adult was because of my father and if it would have been up to her she would have never helped me but she still helps and covers for my brother and his nonsense..He abandoned his kids and refuses to pay child support and told them he hated them and my mother covers for him while calling my kids trash Evil or Very Mad  Its just who she is I guess and you are right Josh..some people are toxic and need to be weeded out ..even if they are family...To be really honest if my mom died today I have no desire to go to her funeral or see my brother or anyone else...

My dad died 4 years ago, and I didn't shed a tear. In my opinion, a piece of human garbage stopped breathing on that day.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Have a laugh.  It's obviously old, but I've never seen it before today.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Funny, funny!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Color me surprised ... these folks did not make their $10,000 kickstarter goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1721041065/fart-in-a-jar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next