Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:44 pm

I am sick of ice!  I worked for a couple of hours today to get my wife's car freed up enough to get out if we need to.  I also got the ice cleared from the sidewalk.  It was 3 inches thick!  That's more ice than we've had in years altogether.  You know what is bad?  We are expecting more tonight!  Freezing rain on Friday.  When did Tennessee become Canada?

The roads here are atrocious.  Many interstates are shut down because the ice has melted some and refrozen making the road surface almost like glass.  Black ice is what they call it.  There are many wrecks still being cleaned up.  Not far from here, we had a snow plow/salt truck combo wreck.  We almost never get to practice on this stuff and most people cannot handle it.  I did get out for a short while this afternoon, but I don't have to go to work.  The schools are closed for the remainder of the week as many back roads are impassible.  It will be the first of the week before temps climb enough to melt this garbage off!

Let's shoot that darn rodent Phil!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Yesterday we had lots and lots of wind. While we don't have sheer ice like you do, the wind caused snow to blow onto the walkways around the campus, and it was a painstaking job to shovel it away.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:49 am

I can relate to shoveling ice!  I had to chip it away on the sidewalk yesterday and break off pieces that weighed around 10 pounds each!  I was having to use a traditional shovel as I don't own a snow shovel.  I don't think that would have helped anyway.  It took an hour to break all the ice off the sidewalk, and our sidewalk is only about 20 feet!  Of course, it is covered again with a half inch of snow now.  Uhg!  I am starting to hate winter!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:44 am

Actually gotta say I am surprised that Tulsa (city) gets an F for their cleanup efforts...even the business's didn't clean up sidewalks....when I lived in Texas they cleaned up the streets and parking lots..
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 am

Tennessee, except for the cities of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, get an F.  We put down salt before a storm but do little to clean the streets afterwards.  The two aforementioned cities hit the ground before, during, and after snowfall to insure that their streets stay clean for the people who live/work/go to school and for the myriads of tourists they get each year.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I can relate to shoveling ice!  I had to chip it away on the sidewalk yesterday and break off pieces that weighed around 10 pounds each!  I was having to use a traditional shovel as I don't own a snow shovel.  I don't think that would have helped anyway.  It took an hour to break all the ice off the sidewalk, and our sidewalk is only about 20 feet!  Of course, it is covered again with a half inch of snow now.  Uhg!  I am starting to hate winter!

I've done that before.  Not fun in the least.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Technically, my work schedule is 8 to 5 with one hour for lunch. However, I am usually at work by 7 am, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, and leave at about 5:20.  I must leave by 5:20 because it takes just under 10 minutes to get home, and if I am later than 5:30 my wife gets upset because she tries to get dinner on the table by then (although we usually don't eat until almost 6 o'clock!).

So today I got done a little early and actually got home at 5:10. Guess what ... my wife was mad at me for getting home "early"!  "If I had known you were going to be early blah blah blah". I am not exaggerating ... she was actually angry!

This is why men have phrases like "just shoot me"!

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 pm

I wonder why people get like that. What was she going to do if you had come home later?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:04 pm

BearDad wrote:
Technically, my work schedule is 8 to 5 with one hour for lunch. However, I am usually at work by 7 am, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, and leave at about 5:20.  I must leave by 5:20 because it takes just under 10 minutes to get home, and if I am later than 5:30 my wife gets upset because she tries to get dinner on the table by then (although we usually don't eat until almost 6 o'clock!).

So today I got done a little early and actually got home at 5:10. Guess what ... my wife was mad at me for getting home "early"!  "If I had known you were going to be early blah blah blah". I am not exaggerating ... she was actually angry!

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall Random Ramblings - Page 16 Banging%20head%20on%20wall

Hahaha dang, you just can't win!

Well, it'd seem every stage of life has its issues - especially with regards to the opposite sex.  Just today I had to respond to an email from a female friend of mine in which she re-affirmed her affection towards me.  Unfortunately, it is still not mutual.  And to add to it, one of my very good guy friends really likes her but she does not share those feelings towards him.  We all go to church together and hang out quite often.  It's this terrible un-love triangle!  So while you may get snapped at for being home early or late, at least you're not breaking hearts or getting your heart broken...  Gosh I just hate letting people down like this and also being let down (though the latter isn't as bad as the former IMO).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 pm

BearDad wrote:

Accuse her of only being angry because she was worried she couldn't sneak her boyfriend out of the bedroom window before you came in the house............then she'll really be angry with you.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm

I swear, I'm thinking of getting an extension cord and a blow dryer to melt the ice the next time this stuff comes. May the inconvenience called winter be forever cursed!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 pm

BearDad wrote:

Turns out she was upset because had she known I was leaving early she would have had me pick our daughter up from play practice. I'll cut her some slack on this one (actually, on all of them, as a wise man doesn't ever NOT cut his wife some slack ... not if he wants to live!), but getting mad at me for not telling her something I didn't know myself until it was 5 o'clock and I had nothing to do ... at least not anything that could be done in 20 minutes! 

Random Ramblings - Page 16 2Q==

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 pm

OK ... I'm done venting.  Thanks for putting up with it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 pm

I've been in quite a funk lately. I don't want to be in a funk, but a lot of things lately have been pressuring me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:11 am

Having a 11 weeks old puppy in the house keeps me busy.
I'm glad we go to puppy course with him.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:59 am

To everyone tired of winter, this is for you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 12:35 pm

All this cold and ice/snow is really starting to get to me...i feel a deep depression coming on...i very seriously am thinking about moving to the coast..
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
...i very seriously am thinking about moving to the coast..

sunny  I hear Santa Cruz is nice this time of year...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Quote :
I hear Santa Cruz is nice this time of year...

Smile  there was a time way back when I was a young fella that that would be nice but now all I see in California is too many people, to much taxation, drought, Fires,  pollution and a cost of living that is beyond ridiculous....I would be Looking more at deep Texas down on the coast in some little town outside of Corpus Christi...or who knows, my wife loves Florida...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:08 pm

I just heard of a hideous prank college students are playing... so hideous that I couldn't stop laughing.

You sneak a bottle of hershy syrup into a bathroom, put a bunch in your mouth and "spray" it all over the toilet and surrounding areas. And to make it more interesting, squirt the rest of the bottle all over the floor. SO WRONG !  I love it Twisted Evil
affraid
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Jim, that is fantastic.  You need to one-up it though and lick it up when someone walks in!  affraid

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
I hear Santa Cruz is nice this time of year...

Smile  there was a time way back when I was a young fella that that would be nice but now all I see in California is too many people, to much taxation, drought, Fires,  pollution and a cost of living that is beyond ridiculous....I would be Looking more at deep Texas down on the coast in some little town outside of Corpus Christi...or who knows, my wife loves Florida...

Yeah... I hear ya.  California has a lot of problems for sure.  I love it here though.  Well, you can always visit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:25 pm

I wish I was joking guys but I really saw this at walmart the other day....complete with plastic corn  Twisted Evil

Random Ramblings - Page 16 0
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:27 pm

affraid lol! ROTFL Wow! Stupid Hubba hubba
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 pm

I heard of someone who played a hilarious poo joke on someone at work.  He went into a stall and smeared some peanut-butter on a piece of toilet paper and got in the stall next to a coworker who was using the toilet.  He started say "hey woah, come back here you rascal" (or something like that) and then tossed the messy toilet paper under the stall wall next to his coworker.  Then he said "hey, can you kick that back over here?"

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:55 pm

I was in a school bus on snowy streets this evening. Let's just say the bus driver knew how to control a power slide Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next