Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decyfer Down Kickstarter

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
BearDad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Decyfer Down Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:49 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/533299304/decyfer-down-new-album-release-2015
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:46 pm

http://www.christianhardmusic.com/t6383-decyfer-down-to-do-kickstarter-campaign?highlight=decyfer+down

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Sadly they still have quite a ways to reach their goal.  Must have been too unrealistic.  Sad because I really liked their last album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:25 pm

I might do the $15 pledge, but it doesn't look like this project is going to get funded with only 18 days to spare.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Not having followed any of the new CD campaigns, I'm curious how their $40K goal compares to the others. Seems pretty high to me but is promo, media and tour support typical???

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
http://www.christianhardmusic.com/t6383-decyfer-down-to-do-kickstarter-campaign?highlight=decyfer+down

Sorry, I missed your post. Otherwise I'd'a added mine to yours.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:01 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Sorry, I missed your post. Otherwise I'd'a added mine to yours.

No worries, just wanted you to know that someone else was interested in what happened to the band as well.  Not trying to make you feel deficient or anything like that.

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 am

Staybrite wrote:
Not trying to make you feel deficient or anything like that.

Nah, my wife does that well enough on her own.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:17 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Not having followed any of the new CD campaigns, I'm curious how their $40K goal compares to the others. Seems pretty high to me but is promo, media and tour support typical???

It seems a bit high to me.  Some Kickstarter campaigns start out lower and then blow past the amount and go much higher than that when the fans really start getting excited.  Disciple's did that.  John Elefante's went WAY beyond his expectations.

Of course, with Kickstarter, you can ask for as much or as little as you'd like.  As long as you have the fans to back you, ask for whatever.  I am okay with that.  Just be sure that your goal is realistic and that you can reach it.  If they don't get the money, this campaign closes and they receive none of the pledged amount and have to start over.  Does that mean that they won't be on the tour with Disciple and Seventh Day Slumber, or will they be using older gear or a smaller van if they don't get this?  Tour support is just a vague term that could mean anything, really.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 am

It means they don't eat just Twinkies and Ho-ho's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:58 am

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Not trying to make you feel deficient or anything like that.

Nah, my wife does that well enough on her own.

Hey, me too!  ROTFL

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 am

Even though I'm a big fan Decyfer Down, I stay away from kickstarter projects.
I'll buy the CD.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Even though I'm a big fan Decyfer Down, I stay away from kickstarter projects.
I'll buy the CD.

I loved the direction of their last album, and would certainly by a new one from them (in the same or similar style), but I'm like you here in that I don't do kickstarter projects.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 am

I don't care for Kickstarter, but I am doing a bit more when it is a band I really like and want to help them get the album out.  It is not always risk-proof, but you are out nothing if they don't raise the money.

Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 am

Rocker staybrite and alldat why do you not like kickstarter
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 am

It is too easy to buy recording gear and do an album yourself.  I just don't like the concept of bands begging for money to record their albums.  I've heard albums that the artist recorded on a shoe string budget because they bought their own studios and they sound amazing.  Even a Pro Tools setup (which is what most pro studios use nowadays) can get the artist a great recording with only the original purchase cost.  If bands would think like this, then Kickstarter wouldn't even exist.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

rich71 wrote:
Rocker staybrite and alldat why do you not like kickstarter

There are a few reasons I don't like it, and have refused to participate in any of them.

1.  It just seems like a pre-preorder to me, and I don't do preorders.  I have been burned and I won't do it again.  I know that people argue that you can't get burned because they don't get your money until they reach their goal.  That's a load of horse-pucky, just because the band reached their goal and collected your money does not mean they put out a product or if they do put out a product that it will be what you expected (which leads me to #2)

2.  In this day and age I almost refuse to buy any music without listening to most of it first.  I really don't want to blow money (and space) on albums I won't listen too.  I am not in the practice of "taking a chance" on any artists....even the ones I really love.  If I had participated in the Guardian kickstarter project I would have been horribly disappointed in the music and would have regretted giving them any of my money.

3.  To me it almost looks as if the artist isn't willing to take a financial gamble on themselves....so why should I bother.  I know that sounds a little harsh but if you want something bad enough you put the effort into it.  I didn't ask for other people to pay for my college so that later when I was done I could design a house for them for free.  I did what I needed to get my education and now I reap the benefits (such as they are) of that effort.  Not sure why musicians can't do the same.  If you can't afford it, don't do it.

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down Kickstarter   Decyfer Down Kickstarter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decyfer Down Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1