Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Driven, this is for you.

Go down 
+6
Xid
kerrick
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Driven, this is for you. Empty
PostSubject: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:26 am

Today it's your birthday.

Happy birthday to you.

No this time no animated happy birthday for you.
I thought you love to hear a song from your favorite band much more.
Yep, I know it's a very old song, but think this song still rocks.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 9:31 am

Yes, Happy B Day! I hope I look as young as you do when I reach 101. In fact, I'll be happy just to reach that age!

Love The Trees, excellent song.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:54 am

Slappy Birthday!  I hope your day is filled with love, joy and lots of cake!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:54 am

Happy Beeday, hope it's fab.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Happy birthday dude!  I hope it's a great day filled with epic drives, good friends and family, and some crankin' good tunes!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Happy birthday, Andre!  Now, you are officially 13!!!!  Yay!!!!  Crank up the Justin Bieber!!!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Happy birthday, Andre!  Now, you are officially 13!!!!  Yay!!!!  Crank up the Justin Bieber!!!  lol!

ROTFL lol! ROTFL

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Funny thing about The Trees, I used to just listen to the verses and skip the instrumental in the middle. Now, I skip the verses and listen to the instrumental, which is in 5/4 and features a tricky clean guitar riff Very Happy

I spent my morning birdwatching, which was boring because the area where my dad and I were is a very boring area. In the afternoon, it got interesting because I drove home in the snow, which here is synonymous with "I drive (slightly) below the speed limit, safely, and still go faster than anyone". It involved making a left turn a little faster than I should've, and remedying it with a jab on the foot-operated parking brake… in a minivan. That was fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:51 pm

In honor of your birthday, I picked up 2112 and Moving Pictures the other day Thumbs Up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Come on… you have to pick up the underrated ones, man! Razz A Farewell To Kings and Signals are probably the best underrated, then Permanent Waves and Power Windows, then Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire. Ah, shoot, just get all their albums… Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Hey, I have to start somewhere !   Tongue
I owned all of the Rush catalog when I was a teen in the 80s.. so now I'm RE-collecting the originals (I still have all their albums on mp3). I started with the 2 albums that I first fell in love with as a teeny-bopper.
Farewell and Grace Under are the next 2 on my list  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Here is one of my favorite Rush songs (from one of their less successful albums IIRC).  It features the talented Amiee Man, who was the lead singer for the band 'Til Tuesday.

(Warning, if you get motion sick easy don't watch the vid).

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Good tune!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Def one of their great songs... the video on the other hand... has that cheesy 80s experimentation with video effects. They weren't alone, almost every band recording videos in the 80s had to get weird and "different" with what was "new" technology.
I guess it was cool back then, but today all those videos are total cheese. Like the Cars "You Might Think" - that's a good example of the common cheese of videos back then.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:35 am

I still like the video for Big Money. Lots of 80's computer graphics. That is still my favorite song from their "keyboard" era. 

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:20 am

Big Money is another great song.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Sorry, dude, I'm late... Happy Birthday. Please allow me to offer you my favorite Rush song.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 pm

My favourite three underrated Rush tunes are The Analog Kid, Jacob's Ladder, and Force Ten (best version of this song is from A Show Of Hands, IMO). I always loved them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driven, this is for you.   Driven, this is for you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driven, this is for you.
Page 1 of 1