For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
oteis

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:15 am

Imperials - Follow The Man With The Music
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Fri May 01, 2015 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2054
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Fri May 01, 2015 3:48 pm

It's kind-of a repeat, as it's the same tour as the Captured album, but hey ... it's a licensed Journey release, even if they don't include it in their discography.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8782
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Fri May 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Speaking of Melodic Hard Rock Very HappyI finally snagged an original CD of Contender. Pretty good album indeed.

Back to top Go down
oteis

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 4:33 am

Wow, i haven't even heard of Contender... That doesn't happen to often.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 8:46 am

Contender is a good band -not phenomenal, but good.
1990 Melodic Hard Rock / CCM band For Fans of Boston, Halo, or Fighter.
They have that "clean" hard rock sound that was huge during the 80s. (Killed in the 90s by grunge)

Steve Atwood- guitar, keyboards, drums, bass, vocals;
Paul Grimsland- electric and acoustic guitars, vocals;
Rich McCarthy- bass;
Eddie Villanueva- lead vocals;
Bob Vinsick- guitar, drums, bass
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 10:09 am

Just ordered from EBay, with shipping less than $11! I recently discovered FM. I had never heard of this band and recently heard 4 samples from this album and they are awesome. If you love 80's rock, you will like FM. Ordered from a Canadian CD shop on e-bay, they also have Impellitteri Venom for less than $11. Might get it, but so far the songs I have heard from it, while awesome, all sound the same.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 3:17 pm

The noteworthy portion of today's garage sale scores.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Nice ^

This is what I scored at our local yard sales this morning:

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm

ooh ... Santana!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sun May 03, 2015 5:13 am

That stuff is great. I dunno what it is about NW Florida but most yard sales are crap sales when it comes to records. I think 90% of the Herb Alpert, Jim Nabors and Jimmy Swaggart LP's reside in this part of Florida because that is ALL I find at yard sales and Goodwill. I did see an add in the paper one day for a garage sale with records and it literally said in the add "NO CRAP RECORDS either!". That was a nice find, I picked up Rush "All The World's A Stage", "Exit Stage Left", Bad Co - first album Heavy Metal Soundtrack and The Knack's second album.... Which kind of surprised me in two ways. First was I thought I grabbed Rush "Hemispheres" and was shocked when I got home and saw it was The Knack second album. And secondly I was suprised that it was actually a pretty good album.

Nice pick up on Styx Cornerstone, I have been eyeing the 180 gram re-issue of that one. My copy of Cornerstone is beat up pretty bad. May 12 Styx is releasing a vinyl boxed set 1975-1984. Really out of those all I really need is Equinox so I may pick up the reissue of that. However, Universal isn't giving much information on it at all and it may not be a analog remaster.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sun May 03, 2015 1:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
That stuff is great. I dunno what it is about NW Florida but most yard sales are crap sales when it comes to records. I think 90% of the Herb Alpert, Jim Nabors and Jimmy Swaggart LP's reside in this part of Florida because that is ALL I find at yard sales and Goodwill. I did see an add in the paper one day for a garage sale with records and it literally said in the add "NO CRAP RECORDS either!". That was a nice find, I picked up Rush "All The World's A Stage", "Exit Stage Left", Bad Co - first album Heavy Metal Soundtrack and The Knack's second album.... Which kind of surprised me in two ways. First was I thought I grabbed Rush "Hemispheres" and was shocked when I got home and saw it was The Knack second album. And secondly I was suprised that it was actually a pretty good album.

Nice pick up on Styx Cornerstone, I have been eyeing the 180 gram re-issue of that one. My copy of Cornerstone is beat up pretty bad. May 12 Styx is releasing a vinyl boxed set 1975-1984. Really out of those all I really need is Equinox so I may pick up the reissue of that. However, Universal isn't giving much information on it at all and it may not be a analog remaster.

I don't usually do yard sales, but I will be going out every Saturday now. The one I got mine from had two big bin full of vinyl with the sign "make an offer". I was tempted to offer to buy the lot, and still wish I had. One had a lot of white disco (Bay City Rollers, Shawn Cassidy ... the kind of disco someone from SD would get into Wink), and the other had a lot of Elvis.

I listened to Queen last night ... it's pretty scratched up; sometimes it's just hard to tell the condition of something like that in someone's poorly lit garage. Sad

My wife and daughter continued on after I went home, and when they came home they said they saw more records. Aargh!

There's a guy with an ad posted "large lot of records." I'm going to go look at them, but he says $2 - $10 each, depending on which ones you want." At those prices I won't get anything that I don't definitely want ... nothing "just because."

edit: The Styx record is a duplicate; I couldn't remember if it was one I already had or not. I was going to let you have one if both of them played good, but sadly the one I got yesterday is warped ... horizontally! I don't think I have ever seen a needle drift horizontally before; it makes it sound like a tape dragging. The record must not be round anymore. Weird!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17734
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sun May 03, 2015 1:58 pm

I've been to a dozen garage/yard sales in the last 3 years and have yet to see a single CD (or even LP now that I think about it). There is a community some 10 miles from here that has a massive community yard sale every year...maybe I will need to hit that one up this year.

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Picked these up from a local guy selling them online:

He had several more I was tempted to buy ... Giuffria, Uriah Heep, and Widowmaker among them. But even though he indicated "buy more and pay less" I felt like he was asking too much.

I don't really want the ZZ Top and VH ones, and probably shouldn't have gotten them as I won't listen to them. If anyone wants to trade they're up for grabs.

Last edited by BearDad on Sun May 03, 2015 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Sun May 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Love Heart's version of the Zep's "Rock N Roll" on that album.

Number of posts : 2284
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 am

Within Silence's CD arrived this weekend. It's a solid album!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Fri May 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Latest CDs to arrive in my mailbox Very Happy

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17663
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Tue May 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Apologetix - Music Is As Music Does
Within Silence - Gallery Of Life

Downloads of all four Torman Maxt albums

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Tue May 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Signum Regis Through the Storm
Back to top Go down
metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Wed May 13, 2015 8:32 am

Within Silence - Gallery of Life
Signum Regis - Through the Storm
Back to top Go down
oteis

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Thu May 14, 2015 10:14 am

Dare I say it...? I got Green Day - Dookie and George Michael - Older on cd for 1,- each.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Thu May 14, 2015 10:52 am

oteis wrote:
Dare I say it...? I got Green Day - Dookie and George Michael - Older on cd for 1,- each.

George Michael!!!??? affraid affraid affraid

Folks, I believe it is time for an intervention!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
oteis

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Thu May 14, 2015 4:47 pm

BearDad wrote:
oteis wrote:

George Michael!!!??? affraid affraid affraid

Folks, I believe it is time for an intervention!

What a Face
Haha lol. There's actually some great songs on there. Especially the more jazzy/easy listening songs. Let's call it a guilty pleasure Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Tue May 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Signum Regis - Through the Storm

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Whitesnake...The Purple Album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.   

Back to top Go down

Your new CDs and downloads for 2015.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next