Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life

Go down 
+4
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Xid
Staybrite
8 posters

Pick One!
The Runner
Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_lcap50%Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Raise Your Hands
Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Show His Love
Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
To Live Forever
Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
The Perfect Life
 0% [ 0 ]
Deceived
Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life ThePerfectLife_zps80d91fcc

In true Staybrite fashion I am beyond ridiculously late with this next installment in the Saint discography threads (quite frankly I had all but forgotten about it).  So if you all haven’t completely lost interest…lets go again!
Having not released an album since 1988’s Too Late for Living.  Richard and Dee hit the studio and created six new songs.  For some reason they were unable to get Josh to sing on this album and this marks the first recording under the Saint banner without Josh on vocals.  Instead the album featured vocalist Tim Lamberson.  The style of the music was also a bit of a departure from their classic metal sound into something a bit more commercial (according to Josh’s discography site - see link below).  I have heard some claim this to sound more like “garage rock”.  As a result this is probably the worst received album by the fan base.  I would probably have to agree that this is likely my least favorite Saint album, however it does have a couple of very cool songs.  I can’t help but think the album would have been better received by Christian rock/metal fans had Rich & Dee recorded it under a different band name.
I personally really like two of the songs from this album “The Runner” & “To Live Forever” however the rest of the album just leaves me flat.  The band did rerecord the track “To Live Forever” for the “Desperate Night” album with Josh on lead vocals.  I am going to go with “To Live Forever” as my favorite.

http://www.pointsouth.com/saint777/saint-discography.html

I couldn't find a single youtube vid for any song on this album.  If you know of one feel free to post it.

Last edited by Staybrite on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm

I purchased the download of the first 4 albums a few months ago.  Having never heard The Perfect Life I was left wondering what was up with that.  I listened to it.  I listened again.  I then removed it from my playlist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Xid wrote:
I purchased the download of the first 4 albums a few months ago.  Having never heard The Perfect Life I was left wondering what was up with that.  I listened to it.  I listened again.  I then removed it from my playlist.

And you are not the only one.  Seriously with the exception of those two songs I listed I can't really get into much of the rest of the album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:03 pm

The rest of the album sucked.  It showed the guys really quick that we wanted Saint material from them, not a shadow of their former selves.  By the time they had written enough to do a new album, they had the songs for "In The Battle" which marked a true return to form.  Actually, for this band, I think it marked an era where the latter material was better than their early days.

From this EP, I would go with "The Runner".  I still wish they'd redo this one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

From this EP, I would go with "The Runner".  I still wish they'd redo this one.

Me too (but you didn't vote!)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 am

I have now!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 am

To Live Forever. The rest is forgettable. I love the new version of it with Josh on vocals. I seem to remember they also redid The Runner but it was never released. Would love to hear that one.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:37 am

I also went with The Runner.  And I actually like this album.  I prefer it over In The Battle.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:27 am

I don't really consider TPL a Saint album. Doesn't sound like anything they are known for. Let's call it a bump in the road. However I went with Deceived but it's pre much a forgettable album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I also went with The Runner.  And I actually like this album.  I prefer it over In The Battle.

You are the first person I have heard that preferred "The Perfect Life" over "In The Battle".  Quite a surprise.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I don't have this album.
So I can't vote.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:38 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I don't have this album.
So I can't vote.

You're not missing anything.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:

You are the first person I have heard that preferred "The Perfect Life" over "In The Battle".  Quite a surprise.

Yep, ITB just sounded too forced.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 am

I never was a big Saint fan.

There are two Saint albums I really like.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Yep, ITB just sounded too forced.

That's the way I felt about Tourniquet's "Microscopic View.."

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:37 am

I've been a Saint fan since '87. I just can't make myself listen to this album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life   Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Song - The Perfect Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: