Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos Empty
PostSubject: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 am

Really creepy things we humans have done in the past.... In the Victoria era, people would pose with a deceased family member for a photo. They wanted to memorialize them with a final photograph. Sounds a little sad, a little sweet, and just really creepy - check 'em out:

http://themetapicture.com/how-was-this-a-thing/
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 am

yeah, I read about this a few months back. Photography was still new and it was the only thing they had to remember their loved ones by. In some of them it is hard to tell which ones are dead.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 am

This reminds me, one time when I was a teen I visited a family cemetery in Arkansas. I never knew I had so many dead relatives. Most of them were at a very young age and died from the flu in the early 1900's. In some cases, entire families were wiped out by the flu. I can't remember if the headstones said they died from the flu or if it is something one of the old timers there told me. It's amazing how far we have come along in fighting off disease. I bet many of the people in the pictures would have lived if they had access to antibiotics.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:25 am

That is quite creepy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:46 am

Yeh MikeinFla, seems like back then if someone sneezed, 12 people would die. Crazy times that make me thankful to our Creator that we live in these cushy times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos   Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creepy Post-Mortem Victoria era photos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: