Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Star Wars movie

Go down 
+10
Driven
messiaen77
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
BearDad
Staybrite
Livna
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Star Wars movie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:54 am

Xid wrote:
We watched Space 1999, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica (even the movie), Star Blazers and even the old Flash Gordon when it would run from time to time.  As kids we thought the models on wire with the sparkler sticking out of the back was funny.

Loved Star Blazers, it was the original Japanese anime.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 am

I remember Star Blazers!  Now THAT'S a series that Hollywood needs to pick up on and make some movies from.  If done right, the movies could be amazing, epic adventures that could rival Star Wars.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:01 am

Hmmm...don't recall star blazers...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:31 am

Driven wrote:
My parents were never into it, and neither were most of my friends. Sorry to disappoint. Razz

My mother wasn't really into it, but she has seen all 6 movies.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 am

Staybrite wrote:
I remember watching all of them Battle Star Galactica, Star Trek, Star Wars.  Also used to watch Space 1999 (not all that great) & Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (uber cheesy, but fun....at least in the late 70's)

Space 1999 @ IMDB

Buck Rogers @ IMDB

Biddy biddy biddy . . . . want to dance, Buck.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:49 am

Always did love Twiki on Buck Rogers .Wish the show had stuck around longer.

I found out that the rights to the John Carter series have reverted back to Burroughs Inc. They plan to go ahead and do the series starting with a new movie(remake,reboot?).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/edgar-rice-burroughs-inc-announces-intent-to-make-a-new-john-carter-movie

Last edited by Hardkore on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 am

Staybrite wrote:

I remember watching Speed Racer & Marine Boy, both Anime which were out long before Star Blazers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hmmm...don't recall star blazers...

Here, at least you can get the theme song stuck in your head.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I found out that the rights to the John Carter series have reverted back to Burroughs Inc. They plan to go ahead and do the series starting with a new movie(remake,reboot?).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/edgar-rice-burroughs-inc-announces-intent-to-make-a-new-john-carter-movie

I saw that article somewhere else, I hope they continue the series because the stories are actually quite good.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I remember watching Speed Racer & Marine Boy, both Anime which were out long before Star Blazers.

Ok, allow me to reword that....."The only original Japanese anime worth watching".....better?  lol!

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:13 pm

LOL gotcha!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:24 pm

A few years ago I found Buck Rogers - The Complete Series on DVD for 10 bucks. Was glad to get it but i admit I have only watched a couple of episodes. It's not as cool as I once thought it was.....

A friend of mine (R.I.P.) had the Six Million Dollar Man DVD's and I asked him if I should get them. I loved the show growing up... He said "Nah, too expensive and not as cool as you remember it".
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 pm

New Star Wars movie - Page 2 W4xalikhxwwc4tcrnzor
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Charles Manson was a Jedi?  Who knew!  LOL

I know--that's Mark Hamill.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
A few years ago I found Buck Rogers - The Complete Series on DVD for 10 bucks. Was glad to get it but i admit I have only watched a couple of episodes. It's not as cool as I once thought it was.....

A friend of mine (R.I.P.) had the Six Million Dollar Man DVD's and I asked him if I should get them. I loved the show growing up... He said "Nah, too expensive and not as cool as you remember it".

Yep, had that issue with both of those series and a few others as well (such as Mork & Mindy and Charlies Angels).

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Yep, had that issue with both of those series and a few others as well (such as Mork & Mindy and Charlies Angels).

Yeah, but even in this day and age the Angels are at least still fun to look at  Smile
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:08 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

That's how Wild Wild West has been for me. Kung Fu was only a little - must have missed the really bizarre period. Wondering if I'd still dig Hogan's Heroes.

Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:14 pm

I have a hard time watching a lot of the older shows we grew up with.  Too much cheese and not enough cracker.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:00 pm

There were a few of the older shows that my kids and I both enjoyed watching.  Hogan's Heroes was one, as was Get Smart.

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Xid wrote:
I have a hard time watching a lot of the older shows we grew up with.  Too much cheese and not enough cracker.
LOL. Yeah, I was surprised by how cheesy WWW is now. Didn't recall that at all as a kid. geek Guess I was fascinated by how they were the post Civil War version of MacGyver.

Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:45 pm

^^LOL  I didn't get into WWW but my younger brother loved it.  I watched a few episodes and enjoyed them but it didn't take hold for some reason.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:03 am

Alright, now all this talk about cheezy shows and how we don't like them as much as when we were kids... What about Batman? It was full of cheeze yet I bet ALL of us still love it. Why? What makes it different? (And I realize Star Wars has been hijacked).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 am

Naa naa naa naa naa naa nnaa Batman!  I think the difference with the old Bat man tv series is that it was over the top cheesy...and they knew it, and didn't care.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 am

Considering Batman was basically a kids show,it was better to be cheesy than too serious.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:22 pm

Same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Star Wars movie
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next