Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story #2

Go down 
+2
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 12:27 pm

She was thinking of all the crap she's had to deal with lately- her car's in the shop and she's got a rental.. gonna cost her a fortune. The kids have been ridiculous lately, getting in trouble at school - bad grades, she thinks to herself as she sits in the Starbucks drive thru. "My husband hasn't brought me flowers since I can't remember when, and he sure hasn't been pulling his weight around the house", she grumbles aloud to herself. As she pulls up to the window, she says to the lady helping her "Took forever to get up here, don't they hire enough people here ??" The worker tells her they are short handed today, very sorry.
She waits another minute looking at her watch, "dang it, I'm gonna be late for work !" The Starbucks worker hands her a drink and says have a nice day.. only it's not right, it's suppose to have an add shot. "Really ??!!? Umm, hello, add shot please ??"
"Oh I'm very sorry mam, I'll fix that for you immediately"
"Well, can you hurry ?! I'm already late !" She looks at her badge and says her name sarcastically "Thanks Shiela !"

As she sits there sighing heavily, she notices a small poster in the drive thru window. It has a picture of a pretty young teenage girl with the words "Missing". She reads the rest, stats of height, hair color, missing date (which was about 3 weeks ago): "If you have seen or know where my baby girl is, please call me, Shiela at 555-2318"
The worker hands her the corrected coffee and she looks in Shiela's eyes and notices behind her Starbucks smile, she's been crying.

MORAL: We all have problems in our lives, be respectful to that person you think is incompetent at their job... they may have just lost their Dad to cancer, they may have a serious condition that's not visible, they may even be considering taking their life tonight.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm

A very good reminder to treat everyone well.  It's absolutely amazing just how much a snide remark, scowl, or disrespectful/selfish statement can affect someone.  Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Good reminder.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:56 pm

A great reminder.  We never know how much pain the people we are dealing with daily are carrying.  Do we really want to be a jerk to them?  If so, then what can we expect when we're having a crappy day and trying to mask our pain?

I believe the Bible said this much more eloquently:  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 pm

I like your stories.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Thank you. I've never considered myself a writer (though it was my favorite subject in school under Art classes), but I have ideas in my head that I like to get out... thus my little stories with a moral Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 5:02 pm

kerrick wrote:
A very good reminder to treat everyone well.  It's absolutely amazing just how much a snide remark, scowl, or disrespectful/selfish statement can affect someone.  Thank you for sharing!
The other side of that coin would be how far a kind word or act can go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story #2   Story #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story #2
Page 1 of 1