Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amazon Cold Shower

Go down 
+4
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9957
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:02 am

Ever load up on some great CDs for real cheap, only to get to the checkout to find this bucket of ice cold water dumped on you ?

Amazon Cold Shower Amazon10

Still not a bad deal in the end... amounts to around $4+ each CD... but man, does it stink to get your hopes up and then have that balloon popped when you get to Place Your Order... sigh
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:51 am

I don't usually see that a Amazon as I am a Prime member and usually only purchase Prime items. However, I have seen that a lot with other places that I have had to order from. It sucks when the shipping is as much or more than the item being ordered, and what makes it worse is living in a small town where more often than not the only option is to order online.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:16 am

It sucks, but getting a ton of music for under $40 is a deal!  If I were paying that money for CDs at a used CD store, I'd be ecstatic.  So, I'd take the hit and pay it anyway if I wanted them badly enough.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:27 am

I always make sure to get at least $35 in my basket so I get free shipping. But if you order used you have to pay for shipping because it is usually an independent seller.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:52 am

BearDad wrote:
I don't usually see that a Amazon as I am a Prime member and usually only purchase Prime items. However, I have seen that a lot with other places that I have had to order from. It sucks when the shipping is as much or more than the item being ordered, and what makes it worse is living in a small town where more often than not the only option is to order online.
I live in the Dallas area and,  I can tell you,  most of the stuff I listen to isn't found in stores. If it isn't a new band, you're better off getting it online. It was one of the factors that got me to go digital.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 am

metaldude wrote:
BearDad wrote:
I live in the Dallas area and,  I can tell you,  most of the stuff I listen to isn't found in stores. If it isn't a new band, you're better off getting it online. It was one of the factors that got me to go digital.

I wasn't referring to music so much, as I know buying music in stores is all but impossible. I was thinking more like things needed for various around-the-house projects, or motorcycle parts, and even car parts sometimes. Ultimately you are correct, however; it is becoming increasingly difficult to find what you want or need in physical stores, and even when you can it's usually better to get it online. We have a Walmart and two other grocery stores, and yet my wife buys household items like toilet paper, tissue (Kleenex), and paper towels from Amazon because it's cheaper. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 am

I definitely order from independent sellers as the prices, in the long run, are super cheap compared to Amazon's totals.
As for other items, we have a Costco that totally rules over Walmart or Target or any other stores - Now that we're empty nesters, buying in bulk lasts us forever !

I'm not really complaining in this post as the prices are still great (like I said, a good CD for around 4 bucks is still a great deal)... it's just the shock of seeing your total under 5 bucks have S&H of over 30 bucks - OUCH !!!
Besides, I'd shop other music sites if I had gift cards for those sites, but alas, I only get gift certs for amazon from my boss, so I'm limited on where I can use the cards.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
we have a Costco that totally rules over Walmart or Target or any other stores - Now that we're empty nesters, buying in bulk lasts us forever !

There is a Sam's Club in Sioux Falls and one in Rapid City, but alas those two cities are six hours apart and we are directly in the middle. Sad  We are members, however, so if we have occasion to go one way or the other we always stop and load up. It's just not worth the drive for the sake of shopping, as any money saved is spent on gas.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am

Yeh, our Costco and Sam's Club (which I've never been to) are in Palm Desert, which is about 20 minutes from home - but we go down there often for other shopping adventures, so stopping in at Costco is a convenience that we both love.

As for online shopping, we probably do that a little too much. They say it's not a matter of if, but when, there's a breach in security and your card info is compromised. So far, so good - we've been buying online for about 15 years now and only had one problem that was quickly resolved.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Psh, that's nothing. We always get insanely high shipping charges here!

I'm used to seeing charges like that, so I always click back and try to find someplace else with cheaper options.

Doesn't always work though.

I've found places that charge shipping like that for 1 CD!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Captain Canada has spoken. Smile
Back to top Go down
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:36 pm

BearDad wrote:
Yeah, Prime pays off quick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amazon Cold Shower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Cold Shower   Amazon Cold Shower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon Cold Shower
Page 1 of 1