Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free U2 Download

Go down 
+5
Xid
Driven
kerrick
Staybrite
BearDad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:47 am

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2014/09/10/treats-half-billion-itunes-users-its-new-free-charge/e5LRALeTPqq7cc0y35u1DI/story.html

I guess it's time to break down and install iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:55 am

If you can only get it through itunes then I'm gonna have to pass.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah what the heck, it just showed up in my iTunes library!  Annoying!  How does one disable that iCloud thing???
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 pm

I wouldn't mind if it were just a free download, but it's a little intrusive that it's decided to install itself.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Seriously!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
If you can only get it through itunes then I'm gonna have to pass.

If it's only U2 I'm gonna have to pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Ummm... I can't believe I'm about to say this but, THIS ALBUM IS GREAT !  Decided to snag it for free and am up to song 5 and quite impressed ! Sounds fantastic
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 pm

kerrick wrote:
Yeah what the heck, it just showed up in my iTunes library!  Annoying!  How does one disable that iCloud thing???

That's what you get for having I-tunes on your computer!

kerrick

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

That's what you get for having I-tunes on your computer!

I know I know...  Embarassed   At least my iPod is my only Apple device...  And in my defense, I got my first iPod as a gift, and then my library got big enough that it just didn't seem worth the hassle to upload it all again for a different device once it came time to upgrade/replace it.  So now I'm on my third iPod and stuck indefinitely with iTunes.  For the most part though I like the way iTunes organizes things and have had relatively few gripes about it over the years.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Anyone know WHY they're giving this album away ? It really is quite a good album.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Maybe they decided they're rich/famous enough and just wanted to encourage folks with their tunes?

EDIT: found this online:

Fox News wrote:
Part of the DNA of this band has always been the desire to get our music to as many people as possible. In the next 24 hours, over a half a billion people are going to have Songs of Innocence… should they choose to check it out. That is so exciting. People who haven’t heard our music, or weren’t remotely interested, might play us for the first time because we’re in their library. Country fans, hip hop afficionados from east LA, electro poppers from Seoul, Bhangra fans from New Delhi, Highlifers in Accra… might JUST be tempted to check us out, even for a moment. What a mind blowing, head scratching, 21st century situation. Over 500 million people… that’s a billion ears. And for the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail.

link
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:09 pm

For as long as these guys have been at this game I think this CD is really good.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:43 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:29 am

I have to pass too.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Anyone know WHY they're giving this album away ? It really is quite a good album.
I think it is actually that Apple paid them a bunch of money in exchange for doing it.  Don't remember where I saw that though.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 am

Driven wrote:
I wouldn't mind if it were just a free download, but it's a little intrusive that it's decided to install itself.

Mine did not install on my iPod OR iTunes, I had to physically search for it on both then download. When I did a search for it, it said "PURCHASED". Then I downloaded it.

There is an option in iTunes something along the lines of "download automatically". Something to that effect, just disable it. Mine obviously already was. Haven't listened yet but free is FREE!

Anyone want to buy a burned CD copy?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Free U2 Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free U2 Download   Free U2 Download I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 am

Mine didn't download automatically either. After installing iTunes I searched for it, then indicated I wanted it. 

It's like virtually anything else that gets pushed our way ... there is usually a way to prevent it, we just blindly accept the defaults when installing that allow it to happen.
Back to top Go down

Free U2 Download
Page 1 of 1