Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something you hate in songs

Go down 
+8
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Fundy
eternal sanctum
drumdude
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Something you hate in songs Empty
PostSubject: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 pm

Is there something that you just cannot stand in a song ?

For me, it's REPETITION ! I despise a song that just keeps singing or doing the same thing over and over. Repeating something up to 3 times is ok, but beyond that will make me skip it and never listen to it again.

What makes you hit the "skip" button ?
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 pm

hmmm i will think on that one and get back to ya later
Back to top Go down
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 am

Poor production. No matter how great a song is if it has muddy production or other production problems (learn how to use de-essing people!) then I simply can't listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:32 am

Yes, too much repetition is a no no in my book. Also length of songs can get on my nerves a bit. Yeah, it's great to have a good song, but don't make it last 15 minutes. 6 is long enough, just try and keep it between 3 and 6 and it'll be alot better.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:11 am

A shrill vocal tone will turn me off quickly no matter how good a song is...case in point, Guns N Roses...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 am

Quote :
Yes, too much repetition is a no no in my book. Also length of songs can get on my nerves a bit. Yeah, it's great to have a good song, but don't make it last 15 minutes. 6 is long enough, just try and keep it between 3 and 6 and it'll be alot better.

Agreed!!!!

Off key falsettos will make me hit that skip, too. If you can't hit the note, find another that will fit and sing that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:47 am

Quote :
Yes, too much repetition is a no no in my book.
Also length of songs can get on my nerves a bit. Yeah, it's great to
have a good song, but don't make it last 15 minutes. 6 is long enough,
just try and keep it between 3 and 6 and it'll be alot better.

This are exactly the things I don't like in songs.
So I agree with Fundy and alldatndensum.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 am

Quote :
So I agree with Fundy and alldatndensum

See? We're are incredibly cool trendsetters!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:44 am

Got another one:
I don't like TALKING in songs... it ruins an otherwise good song. Bands should save talking for a separate track and not in a good song.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:57 am

Well, unless the whole song is spoken word. Casting Crowns, on their latest CD, has several places where they are speaking during a song that doesn't need what is added. It actually takes away from the song and probably hurts their chances of those songs ever becoming radio singles.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:40 am

There are several that bug me - One example is Audio A's song Underdog. I think that song rocks, but then they throw in this preacher guy talking for a long time. I like what he says, but it interupts the song as far as I'm concerned.

So I loaded the song in my GoldWave program and cut and mixed the song together without him. Came out great, you'd never know the song was cut.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Poor production I agree with, though that's usually not just a "song" issue, but rather an entire album.

What I hate about a song? TIME CHANGES! I like a driving beat with a consistent time. When songs are constantly changing their time from slow to fast, fast to slow...it drives me nuts!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:18 pm

Most of the things you guys (and gal) have mentioned I also find rather bothersome. Except production, unless it is really bad, it does not bother me too much.

Really sharp snare drum sounds are also irksome.

Another thing that really peeves me is a good hard rock/metal song that is interupted by a bridge/breakdown section full of rapping (oh man I hate that). You don't see too much of it nowadays but there was way too much of it in the 90's.

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Casting Crowns, on their latest CD, has several places where they are speaking during a song that doesn't need what is added. It actually takes away from the song and probably hurts their chances of those songs ever becoming radio singles.
This is exactly what is really bringing down the new Sixx A.M. cd. Although it is selling very well it's probably not going to get as much radio play as it deserves because of all the spoken parts.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Quote :
What I hate about a song? TIME CHANGES! I like a driving beat with a consistent time. When songs are constantly changing their time from slow to fast, fast to slow...it drives me nuts!

You must have never liked the Beatles then huh ? Laughing
songs like Band on the run (wings), Uncle Albert, Live and let die, etc all had wicked time changes... you'd swear there were like 3 or 4 different songs melded into one
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:29 pm

An other thing I don't like is if a band made a reprise song.
Reprise songs are songs played in an other rhyrthm and I don't like those reprise songs.
No need to play a song twice on one album.

I can't stand long songs too.
Sometimes I think is this a new song or is it still the same song.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Quote :

This bothers me also, to use a non-Christian song, for example, John Cougar Melancamp's (back-in-the-day, in Hoosier-Land he was Johnny Cougar) "Jack and Diane", where it changes tempo to the " so let rock , let it roll..." a very good song up until that, which Kills the song.

I don't mind key changes (except that it is harder to learn to play Very Happy ), the Beach Boys made a career out of it...

I guess when it feels like it is another song crammed into the song that I was enjoying, then, it bothers me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:25 am

apologetixfreak wrote:

You must have never liked the Beatles then huh ? Laughing
songs like Band on the run (wings), Uncle Albert, Live and let die, etc all had wicked time changes...

Weren't "Band on the Run" and "Live and Let Die" both "Wings" songs?
But definately most of the Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road albums were like that (if I remember correctly).

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 am

Repetition, poor singing, poor production, stupid lyrics, few lyrics, etc, etc

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:01 am

Quote :
Weren't "Band on the Run" and "Live and Let Die" both "Wings" songs?

You're right, it's been a long time since I've listened to any of those albums
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 pm

I really dislike music with loads of samples strewn througout. An exellent example of this is The Sacrificed. Great power metal with all of these horrible samples in the middle of the songs. Incredibly annoying
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm

kethdredd wrote:
I really dislike music with loads of samples strewn througout.

Oh yes, the Goliath "The Gate" album is like that as well. They have all these segments of preacher rants, but at least they are at the ends of the song so you can skip them. But it is still a pain.

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 pm

I like those in some cases (eg, Liptocoal).

endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Filler songs. Yes, I really dislike them. Why? Because they are filler material and filler material is sub-par music put on an album. It should be illegal. lol geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something you hate in songs   Something you hate in songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something you hate in songs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: