Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Celebrities and Nude Photos

Go down 
+8
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
unworthy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
BearDad
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Celebrities and Nude Photos Empty
PostSubject: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 am

This type of news article amuses me:

FBI, Apple investigate nude photo leak targeting Jennifer Lawrence, others

They make the stars out to be victims, which technically they are.  However, they tend to avoid the obvious statement: If there were no photos of you in the nude to begin with, then there would be no nude photos to reveal. The same is true for sex tapes and other incriminating and/or embarrassing objects of that nature.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 am

A little common sense goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am

A little common sense is a rare thing these days.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Bingo, that's really what it boils down to isn't it?

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

It's sad that we live in times when common sense is rare enough to no longer be considered common. Perhaps it should be called rare sense now.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 am

These ladies are victims--victims of stupidity.  Learn a few life lessons, folks.

1.  STOP taking nude photos.  They can't be released to the public if you stop doing this.  I even read where one said that hers were deleted but stored on the iCloud.  Hmmmmm????  They were only deleted from your machine and you handed them off to someone else for storage?  That's called planning right there.

2.  Take control of your data.  If you do have to do some weird photo shoot, then make sure it stays on a flash drive that only you can see.  Don't give these pics to anyone if you don't want them shared.  Just because you love this guy today doesn't mean that in 2 or three Hollywood years (about 6 months for the rest of us) that you still will.  Once the relationship is over, he's gonna show EVERYONE that he has nekkid pictures of you if he hasn't already.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If you do have to do some weird photo shoot, then make sure it stays on a flash drive that only you can see. 

this, of course, begs the question of why you would take and look at nude photos of yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Well, sometimes it appears that mental illness and Hollywood run hand in hand.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

unworthy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If you do have to do some weird photo shoot, then make sure it stays on a flash drive that only you can see. 

this, of course, begs the question of why you would take and look at nude photos of yourself.

Narcissism  Twisted Evil

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
These ladies are victims--victims of stupidity.  Learn a few life lessons, folks.

1.  STOP taking nude photos.  They can't be released to the public if you stop doing this.  I even read where one said that hers were deleted but stored on the iCloud.  Hmmmmm????  They were only deleted from your machine and you handed them off to someone else for storage?  That's called planning right there.

I do know that some of these smart phones automatically update your photos etc into the cloud.  So  I guess it's conceivable that in a moment of drunken/stoned stupidity a celebrity might take a naked photo of themselves and deleted it upon sobering up only to not realize it had already been stored in cyberspace.  Still not entirely excusable but at least plausible, possibly even understandable on some level....maybe.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:15 pm

You mean y'all DON'T have nude photos of you all over the web?!?  Embarassed   Oh, well THIS is awkward...
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 pm

yeah.. it's smart to have your phone automatically add your photos to the cloud if you're going to take naked pictures of yourself.. if you have your phone automatically add photos to the cloud and take a nude picture.. you're just plain dumb.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Well nobody suggested they were smart!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 am

They must be smarter than us as they make millions of dollars more than we do!  Of course, many of us will leave this world with our morals and dignity intact.  I guess there is a trade off.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

unworthy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

THIS !
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 am

I may be the only one here, but I think these ladies are victims. To me, saying it's their fault is like blaming the people who used credit cards at Home Depot - they were begging for thier info to get hacked cause they didn't use cash! - or blaming rape victim because she wore tight pants.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:20 am

No, I'll stand with you ishmael.  These women are absolutely victims in this.  Sure, if you don't take the pictures then they can't be hacked and posted, but is it really unreasonable to grant that public figures have a right to privacy as well?  I know it is easy to say they were involved in immoral behavior so they got what they deserved, but one in particular talked about them being pictures she and her husband took.  Where's the immorality there?  And even beyond that, the crime here isn't that people took naked pictures of themselves.  The crime is that someone decided that he had a right to take the personal and private property of another person and open it up for public consumption.  

The thing that gets me is that so many people think they have the right to see these pictures.  I first learned about the whole thing because a (secular) comedian that I follow on FB made a public statement urging people to show some class and dignity and not look at the pictures.  In the comments there were a smattering of people supporting his stand, but the overwhelming majority either called him gay, called the women whores who were doing this for publicity, or said things like they paid however much money to see The Hunger Games, so they had a right to see her naked.  Just because someone is getting paid more money than anyone deserves to play a role in a movie or TV show doesn't mean the general public has a right to everything in their lives.  People deserve privacy. 

So perhaps people have little or no sympathy for these women because they are public figures or because they created something that they had reason to believe people would want to steal or any number of other reasons.  But to say they are not victims is just not looking at the reality of the case.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I may be the only one here, but I think these ladies are victims. To me, saying it's their fault is like blaming the people who used credit cards at Home Depot - they were begging for thier info to get hacked cause they didn't use cash! - or blaming rape victim because she wore tight pants.

Hmmm, I'm looking back through the posts and not seeing any location where someone suggested that these people were not being "victimized".

However, I don't think your examples stack up to the situation at hand.  Using a credit card at Home Depot or wearing skin tight pants is not at all the same thing as storing nude pictures of yourself on the internet.  At least not IMO

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Hmmm, I'm looking back through the posts and not seeing any location where someone suggested that these people were not being "victimized".

However, I don't think your examples stack up to the situation at hand.  Using a credit card at Home Depot or wearing skin tight pants is not at all the same thing as storing nude pictures of yourself on the internet.  At least not IMO

From BEarDad:
"If there were no photos of you in the nude to begin with, then there would be no nude photos to reveal. The same is true for sex tapes and other incriminating and/or embarrassing objects of that nature."

From alldat:
"These ladies are victims--victims of stupidity."

From unworthy:
"if you have your phone automatically add photos to the cloud and take a nude picture.. you're just plain dumb."

All three of these comments imply that these women did something wrong.

My wife's debit card was compromised over the weekend - that's why I brought up the card example - someone made a fake credit card with her number and then tried to use it. No one would say we're not victims, right? But this is the same type of crime - someone hacked into something that didn't belong to them, stole something that didn't belong to them and posted them all over the internet.

And you're right - using my card and wearing tight pants isn't the same. You use the card and pants in public and the stolen pictures were private.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Okay I left and came back and realized my last post may have been harsh. Please don't take it as such. I'm just baffled at some folks' response to the situation...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:45 pm

I ain't got a problem with a married couple doing a "photo shoot" for private fun... what I have a prob with is the one taking pix and the one with the pix that should be putting that stuff on an encrypted flash-drive at home where it's safest.

That stuff doesn't belong in the "clouds" or even on a cell phone...
Recently a teacher was fired cuz students got a hold of her iPhone and copied nude photos of her and posted them to a Facebook page. She shouldn't have had those pix on her cell phone, but I don't agree that she should be fired either - (a student watched her put her password in on her phone and waited until she wasn't in the room, got into her phone, discovered the photos and the rest is ridiculous history).

People should be able to do what they want, but where they're stupid is not doing these things wisely.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:46 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Okay I left and came back and realized my last post may have been harsh. Please don't take it as such. I'm just baffled at some folks' response to the situation...

I agree that some of the comments may seem (or even be) a little callous.  And those people definitely had their rights violated...not not just the the celebrities, but every person who had their photos stolen from the Apple cloud.  But I didn't see anyone on the web standing up for those common people...what's happened with all of their photos...I'm willing to bet some of them weren't too flattering.

And, I'm sorry, I still think placing compromising photos or documents of yourself on the internet shows incredibly poor judgment....celebrity or not.  Still doesn't excuse the violation of having those documents stolen and exploited....but still a very band idea IMO.

ishmael81 wrote:
All three of these comments imply that these women did something wrong.

Are you suggesting that what they did is perfectly fine?

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:04 pm

1. I think taking nude pictures of yourself for any other reason than medical is wrong. Is it against the law? no. Of course not. However, that doesn't make it right or justify people who make the choice. You make the choice to take the picture then you also take on the risk of them being exposed. Leave the pictures somewhere they are able to be hacked then you run the risk even more. I would think you would treat them as you would any sensitive information.. not having them on your phone or in the cloud.

2. I never said they weren't victims or that it was right that they were hacked or exposed. I think their privacy was violated and I don't think that was "good" either. That doesn't make them innocent in the affair, though.

3. There is a world of difference between using a credit card (which cannot be used "privately" and the information must be shared for it to be approved/etc) and taking pictures of yourself naked and leaving them where they can be hacked. The comment regarding rape and clothing, I don't see how that has anything to do with it.

just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Well I for one never said or implied these women were not victims. In fact, just the opposite: I said right out front that they were victims. Nor did I imply that they should in any way be blamed for what happened. If you leave your keys in your car and it gets stolen, you are still a victim and should not be held accountable for the actions of the criminal because ultimately he made the choice to commit the crime. However, by leaving your keys in your car you gave him opportunity, just as putting naked pictures on the Internet creates an opportunity for them to be stolen. 

Are we being callous? Sure, because victim or not, responsible or not, creating a situation that might someday result in harm to yourself or someone else is stupid. Period.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Quote :
Sure, because victim or not, responsible or not, creating a situation that might someday result in harm to yourself or someone else is stupid. Period.

This.  Exactly!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities and Nude Photos   Celebrities and Nude Photos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebrities and Nude Photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: