Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robin Williams suicide at 63

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
BearDad
xenonlion
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Robin Williams suicide at 63 Empty
PostSubject: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Just seen Breaking News on HLN TV that comedian/actor Robin Williams took his own life today. Apparently he's been depressed lately as they said.
That's all the news they have, as it just happened.

Sad day indeed.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:16 pm

No way.  Wow I can't believe it!  That is so tragic.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Wow, I didn't see that coming.  It just proves that success does not equal happiness (as if Kurt Cobain didn't already illustrate that).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Watching news now: "He struggled with Alcohol and Cocaine dependency which contributed to his depression." "An apparent hanging suicide"

I agree, this is something no one would see coming. Seems he just hid behind his humor. So sad
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:41 pm

I heard about this, too. Sad
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:36 pm

This is sad and tragic on so many levels. I cannot fathom being so famous and well-loved (I have never known anyone that didn't like Robin Williams), and yet be so empty and depressed that suicide feels like an option.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:13 am

As Gary already pointed out, this just shows that fame and riches do not make one happy.  Many times, I feel that it does the opposite.  I just hope that Robin had his heart right with Jesus before he died or things could be really bad for him now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:56 am

It was on the news here.
Yes, it's true, it shows famous and rich people like Robbie are not always happy. 
That's what I hope for Robbie too.
What's life when you are famous and rich and you don't go to God after you die?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 am

I have said for years that the funniest comedians suffer from the worst depression. I'm funny (not bragging, just beign honest) and I battle depression every morning when the alarm goes off.

Sad to hear, he was a favorite around our house.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 am

I would love more than anything to hear that Robin was right with God, unfortunately we don't know for sure right now. What I do know is, earlier in his career, he spoke openly about reincarnation and New Age thought. His stand up acts included "God-D***it" and "Jesus Christ" as curse words... but that was a long time ago. I pray that having kids changed him and that he possibly submitted to the Creator, it's so hard to know.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 am

This is truly sad news. He was loved by so many. I will have to watch a few of his movies in memoriam of him.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I would love more than anything to hear that Robin was right with God, unfortunately we don't know for sure right now. What I do know is, earlier in his career, he spoke openly about reincarnation and New Age thought. His stand up acts included "God-D***it" and "Jesus Christ" as curse words... but that was a long time ago. I pray that having kids changed him and that he possibly submitted to the Creator, it's so hard to know.

He was raised by an Episcopalian mother and actually had a bit about 10 reasons you should be Episcopalian. Who knows what happened in the last minutes he was alive?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I think a lot of comedy comes from looking for a light in our personal darkness.  I don't mean that in a spiritual sense, just a metaphoric one.  I know he had also battled addiction for years and that is a tough way to live life.

I hesitate to bring this up, but I know the dynamic here isn't like...you know where.  It has greatly bothered me to follow this on social media and see all the people who

1.  Call him a coward or say that he took the easy way out.  I admit that I thought the same thing about Kurt Cobain and was quite harsh towards those who spoke so highly of someone like him.  I can only excuse myself by saying I was younger and more stupid then.  I also couldn't stand Nirvana or the whole grunge aesthetic.  It was a wrong thing to do then, and it is now as well.  It is far easier to stand outside and judge a person than it is to walk beside them and try to understand the decisions they make pressures and limitations they feel.

2.  Make pronouncements and judgements on the state of his soul and his eternal destiny under the banner of speaking Biblical truth.  Not a one of us has any right or standing to make any such proclamation about the state of any person's soul or their eternal destiny.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

1.  Call him a coward or say that he took the easy way out.  I admit that I thought the same thing about Kurt Cobain and was quite harsh towards those who spoke so highly of someone like him.  I can only excuse myself by saying I was younger and more stupid then.  I also couldn't stand Nirvana or the whole grunge aesthetic.  It was a wrong thing to do then, and it is now as well.  It is far easier to stand outside and judge a person than it is to walk beside them and try to understand the decisions they make pressures and limitations they feel.

2.  Make pronouncements and judgements on the state of his soul and his eternal destiny under the banner of speaking Biblical truth.  Not a one of us has any right or standing to make any such proclamation about the state of any person's soul or their eternal destiny.

Agree on both counts.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
I think a lot of comedy comes from looking for a light in our personal darkness.  I don't mean that in a spiritual sense, just a metaphoric one.  I know he had also battled addiction for years and that is a tough way to live life.

I hesitate to bring this up, but I know the dynamic here isn't like...you know where.  It has greatly bothered me to follow this on social media and see all the people who

1. Exactly! I tried once in high school and survived. I planned a second attempt but when I realized who would find me, I backed out. It's easy to judge something when you aren't the one going through it. Suicide seems like "the coward's way" but when you're that low and in that place, it seems the only way to get some relief.

2. Again, exactly! I hesitate to say much about this because what about the plank in my own eye?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:23 pm

That's trie ishmael81, you never know what happened in the last minutes.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:58 pm

A good tribute

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/08/12/comedians-who-left-us-too-soon-orig-jtb.cnn.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:49 pm

BearDad wrote:
A good tribute

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/08/12/comedians-who-left-us-too-soon-orig-jtb.cnn.html

Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams suicide at 63   Robin Williams suicide at 63 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams suicide at 63
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: