Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Promise Land

Go down 
+10
Hardkore
Xid
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
oldschooldoom
kerrick
fishingd
Staybrite
Readi_Sketti
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Hey Guys!

Promise Land's Album 'Harmony In Ruins' is set to release soon!! August 5th!!
I am so excited!! Very Happy

I wanted to share a sample with you guys, so you can check it out.

CLICK HERE: Promise Land - Harmony In Ruins (Sound Cloud)

Let me know what you think! Smile

Promise Land 10492385_10202191721856319_9092139328506908924_n
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Very much looking forward to this.

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

For those of you that missed the Online Event with Promise Land (Official) , For a few days only! The full Promise Land radio interview will be available exclusively at www.MetalPulseRadio.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Pre-ordered mine today!
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

Debuts into this world like a new baby. Much excitement, much anticipation.
Oh...and it will probably keep me up at night at first.   cheers
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 am

Haha well said!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:49 pm

kerrick wrote:
Pre-ordered mine today!

And I pre-ordered one for my wife today.  I pre-ordered mine earlier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

kerrick wrote:Pre-ordered mine today!

And I pre-ordered one for my wife today.  I pre-ordered mine earlier Promise Land Icon_biggrin

Awesome guys! Smile I have been getting the packages ready for shipping.

oldschooldoom wrote:
Debuts into this world like a new baby. Much excitement, much anticipation.
Oh...and it will probably keep me up at night at first.   Promise Land Icon_cheers

I love that!  cheers  I am so excited!

I cant wait for ship day!  bounce
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Readi_Sketti wrote:

Who says you have to...?   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 am

kerrick wrote:
Readi_Sketti wrote:

Who says you have to...?   Twisted Evil

WHAAAA???  affraid
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 am

Oh yeah, coming from the guy who already has his copy!   Razz
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:18 pm

I've gotta say this is a great album!  It wasn't what I expected, but I am not disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

HIDING PLACE - Album Version (Official Lyric Video)
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:20 am

I really think this is worth the read, great story:
checkout David’s personal story behind 'Hiding Place':

Quote :
Many people have sent me messages asking why I wrote Hiding Place. Am I Dutch? Did I have a personal reason behind it? Why did I write it?
I am not Dutch but the story of Hiding Place is powerful and needs told to a new generation. Having said that, it does have very personal meaning to me as well.
My personal story is a little long. I hope you don’t mind.
God worked through Corrie’s life and her holocaust experience to reach many people, but there was a particular woman I knew that God also reached through Corrie’s ministry. Her name was Geraldine.
Geraldine was adopted as a baby on the ‘underground-market’ (illegally). Her adoptive dad died young and her adoptive mother was an alcoholic and very abusive. In alcoholic rages she would torment Geraldine both physically and mentally. Even worse, she would bring home drunk men and allow them to rape Geraldine on a weekly basis. This went on for years; physical, sexual and emotional torment. She was, in many ways, in her own concentration camp.
By the time Geraldine was a teenager she left the house and lived on the streets by choice. For protection, she eventually got mixed up with a notorious biker gang at the time. She learned to survive and stay alive but she trusted no one and had much anger in heart.
As years went on, Geraldine eventually did get married, but neither of them were Christians. In fact, her view of Christianity was that God wanted nothing to do with her because she thought she was worthless.
Years later, after the birth of Geraldine’s second child, a friend shared the gospel message with her. This was the first time she had ever heard that God loved her and wanted a personal relationship with her. As a result, she, and her husband, gave their lives to the Lord.
However, Geraldine was still very emotionally damaged from her childhood. She had a lot of bitterness and emotional issues from her past. This caused a lot of inner turmoil and hindered her life in many ways.
Eventually, she read Corrie’s books, ‘The Hiding Place’ and ‘Tramp for the Lord’. In ‘Tramp for the Lord’ Corrie speaks about going back to Germany, after the war, in 1947, to share her testimony with refugees from holocaust camps. She said in her book that during this speaking engagement, one of the very guards showed up from Ravensbrück (the concentration camp she and her sister, Betsie, had been imprisoned). He had been known as one of the cruelest guards in the camp but now he was a broken man, in need, and he came to her.
Corrie said she felt anger and could not forgive him. So she prayed for God’s help to forgive this man. She went on to say that it was in that moment that the chains broke and she felt forgiveness and love for the very man who had tortured her, her sister and others. She wrote: “For a long moment we grasped each others hands, the former guard and the former prisoner. I had never known God’s love so intensely as I did then.”.
It was at this moment of reading the book when the Spirit of God also fell upon Geraldine. Corrie’s story touched her very deeply; it was very intense for her in that moment. She felt the chains of her past breaking off. For the first time in her life she felt forgiveness and love for the very people that had caused her so much pain in her childhood.
Geraldine went on to work in prison ministry and also with people that were stuck in the occult. For a short stint, before her passing, she was also working with teens/youth. Many more lives were touched by God through Geraldine’s life.
So how does this relate to me? Well, Geraldine was my mother.
You see, Corrie’s legacy lived on through many people, but, for me, it was through my mother. Now my mother’s legacy lives on through her children and by connection so does Corrie’s. In fact, one might even say that had it not been for God working through Corrie’s life, the ministry of Promise Land might not be here today.
Corrie’s story has a very personal meaning to me and her ministry is still effecting others to this very day.
Also, if I might add..
In some ways, many of us will have our own moments when we are faced with our own ‘prison guard’ and we will have to choose– Forgiveness or Hatred?. Consider that moment on the cross, after being tortured and beaten wrongfully, Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, For they know not what they do”. One thing God has taught us through His Son on the cross, is that forgiveness brings ‘true’ God-inspired love.
In both stories (Corrie’s and my mother’s) it also teaches us that forgiveness and change can begin with a willingness. That is to say, a desire and willingness for God to make those changes within us. In other words, a desire to forgive, even if I feel that I can’t. “Help me, Lord, to forgive and love as Jesus did on the cross. Help me to have Your love and compassion for people..Even unto my enemies.”
In CHRIST,
~David Michael

Original found at:

http://promiselandx.com/hiding-place/

Last edited by Readi_Sketti on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 7:25 am

Listened to the interview and the new songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks for posting that Janette, what a fantastic account!

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:08 am

Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Dang, I need to spend some more time around here. I tend to come and go so much. I just checked out this thread finally. I realize I am only 3 days early but I just pre-ordered mine.  Very Happy 

I had known about PL for some time while at the old Firestream forums in the Promise Land section. Looking forward to this disc!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:13 pm

That's ok, I've known about it for a while and I just finally pre-ordered mine today as well.  Laughing 

Through The Dark Radio

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:16 am

If you pre-ordered you copy of Promise Land's Harmony In Ruins, you should be getting it soon if you don't have it already.  If you ordered the shirt as well, be sure to post a pic of you wearing it on Promise Land's Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 am

Got my copy in yesterday!   Headbang
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Just ordered mine

Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Awesome guys!! Thank you for all the support!
Please share what you think when you get them in.
And like Jeff said, share pics with Promise Land & them will post them up Smile
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Wow! Harmony In Ruins hits the ground running with a 10 out of 10 review by Through The Dark Radio.

Through the Dark Radio - Facebook

Quote :
PROMISE LAND : HARMONY IN RUINS
By: Through The Dark Radio/Jeff de los Santos
Rating: 10 out of 10

It's been almost ten years since Promise Land gave us their EP. And after many challenges and changes, they have brought forth their full length album: HARMONY IN RUINS. Some of the changes are quite noticeable. First, a new lead vocalist has been added to the band - Rod Kozikowski. Original member David Michael shares the lead vocals as well as being guitarist and keyboardist and Eric Bowser continues his duties on the drums. Second, the band uses female backing vocals - done by Janette Ralston - which adds another beautiful layer to their music. And lastly, the music is heavier and fuller than the demo EP. But one thing that hasn't changed is their up-front lyrics. Promise Land deals with some difficult subjects - how love can overcome hatred, suicide, human trafficking and doubt in the Christian mind if they really are letting Christ show through them in their everyday life.

The album starts off a couple of instrumental tracks. Listening to all of instrumental tracks on Harmony In Ruins, you can tell how far the band has progressed when you compare it to the song "Shock & Awe" from the demo. The opening track "In The Beginning" makes you feel like you're flying through clouds eventually getting to something brighter and brighter until you see a burst of light and find yourself at your destination.

The second instrumental track is the title track "Harmony In Ruins". It starts off with what sounds like an acapella choir immediately followed the music. The guitar-work done with this track is pretty impressive. But that's not to take away from the orchestral part backing up the band. There is a bonus track of "Harmony In Ruins" with just the orchestral parts. You really get to hear all of the parts separately from the band. It really shows the complexity of the arrangement. And with the band added, it just takes it that much higher.

The first vocal track on the album is "C.I.U." which is fully amped-up version of "Christ In Us" from the demo. The song deals with a police officer who is Christian who loses his partner in the line-of-duty. And he doesn't know if his fellow officer knew Christ since he never actually witnessed to his partner and he hopes that Christ's love was shone through his life. Compared to the orginal version, this one is heavier, faster and more guitar-driven. But the best part of the song is the ending where you have a multi-layer vocal part with different lyrics. What really makes this work is that no one vocal part is emphasized over the others. Theocracy is another band which does this just as well.

"The Piper Illusion" is the next song on the album. It's a slower tune but still dark and heavy. And as the title hints at, the song deals with how we like to follow "The Piper" (a.k.a. The Deceiver) when he spins us his lies that we prefer to hear over the truth. And how "The Piper" will flee when we call up The Truth - that is Christ. I like how the song starts off with a flute/pipe. It reminds us a bit of the fairy tale of The Piped Piper, which is actually mentioned in the song. David Michael has some blistering guitar licks in the song, both in the middle and near the end of the song. Rod's vocals are really strong in this song as well. You can feel him truly calling out to be delivered from the lies of the "Piper".

"Leviathan's Voyage" is another instrumental track and it is clearly my favorite of the instrumentals on the album. It's a purely orchestral piece that is similar to "In The Beginning" in that it takes you on a journey. You can feel yourself gliding just above the waters, seeing whales gliding along, breaking the water from time to time until they finally break one last time before diving into the deep.

"Before The Dawn" is a very sad song that deals with a topic not often talked about in the church - suicide. It tells of a girl with "feelings of hopelessness" and how she only sees one way out of it. It starts offf with a sad motif by piano and strings before David Michael weaves her story along with Janette Ralston handling the female vocals and spoken parts. Fortunately, the song ends with hope - the hope of Christ that is always there waiting for us. In the last part of the song, the band joins in full force with Eric laying down some drumming to go along with the emotional guitar-work of David Michael.

The original version of the next song "Hiding Place" - the story of Corrie ten Boom - was originally released in 2010. The album version - just like "C.I.U." is a kicked-up version that blows the original version away. Instead of a synthesized version, it has a piano opening before the band kicks it into high gear. Plus, the lyrics are much clearer on this release. Overall, it's just a tighter sound. Fortunately, there is a bonus track on the album of "Hiding Place" that is just instrumental so you really get to hear how differently the album version is from the 2010 single release.

The band brings up another almost nonexistent topic in the church - human trafficking - with "Her Name". This is undoubtedly the most complex song that the band has done. The rough guitar tone, effective use of cymbals and various pauses helps add to the urgency of helping out those victims of human trafficking instead of turning away. The only problem I really have with this song is that it feels like it could continue on some more but instead it stops.

The mid-tempo song "Holy" is the last vocal track on the album but it is easily my favorite. Mrs. Ralston joins David again on vocals. This song is a cry out to God similar to some passages in Job or in the Psalms - crying out to God in our darkness and recognizing His Holiness. The keys are a bit more pronounced on this song but they add to the song instead of getting in the way as some bands unfortunately do when using keys. The harmonies that David Michael and Janette Ralston deliver are just filled with emotions and true worship. This is just a great worship song to our God.

"Eclipse" closes out the album - aside from the bonus tracks already mentioned. It starts off with strings playing an almost waltz-like tune before it changes direction. A snare joins the strings before a bass line takes center stage with a simple motif that it repeats. Other instruments join in with tidbits that add to the bass-line before the snare rolls one last time and the song fades away to close it out.

Harmony In Ruins is without a doubt a fantastic symphonic metal release. The changes that they have gone through have helped to make them the band that they are. And it has shaped the songs that they have given to us. The switching of vocal part between Rod & David remind me a bit of the dual vocals that Tourniquet had with Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire. There is little doubt that this is will be among the top albums for 2014.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Readi_Sketti wrote:

Quote :
PROMISE LAND : HARMONY IN RUINS
By: Through The Dark Radio/Jeff de los Santos
Rating: 10 out of 10

blah blah stuff words etc........ Second, the band uses female backing vocals - done by Janette Ralston - which adds another beautiful layer to their music.........more words and other stuff

What?  Our very own Sketti appears on the new Promise Land album?

Promise Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promise Land   Promise Land I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promise Land
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next