Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cell Phones

Go down 
+6
rockerVu2
sabidoo
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
endlessfuneral2003
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:47 pm

So it is probably a moot point to ask who has cell phones because I would venture to say all of us have cell phones (except for maybe drumdude, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has one too).

So the question is who is your cellular service provider.

We use Verizon.

What do you like or dislike about your cellular service provider?

Last edited by on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:49 pm

No cellphone here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Quote :
I would venture to say all of us have cell phones (except for maybe drumdude, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has one too).

Drumdude has his own phone. His family has only cell phone service. They dumped the traditional land line a year or two ago. They use Verizon.

Holly and I also use Verizon. We've had them for several years now. The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that you cannot rollover your unused minutes. It would be nice if you could keep your unused minutes so if you ever had a family emergency and needed extra time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:46 pm

Verizon. Lose calls sometimes, doesn't show all calls I've received or don't get some voice messages, but not sure if that's the phone or the service.

sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:33 pm

I use Sprint. I love Sprint. Sprint ALWAYS works!

Their out-sourced customer service SUCKS like a hoover, but otherwise there is no reason to even look at "kiddie" service...(verizon/at&t)

I also use a Sprint Wireless internet card for my laptop. AWSOME! ! ! ! !

Cell Phones Sanyo-MM-8400-200_150Cell Phones Image_632thumb
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:43 pm

I use Telfort and there's nothing to complain about Telfort.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 8:18 pm

(Had Verizon and wasn't happy with more than one aspect of their customer service)
We've had Cingular for about 3 years and have been quite satisfied with service all the way around.
Renewed our contract and got the E62 for 49 bucks.. only bummer is it doesnt take pictures. (oh and also when I loaded various extensions of movies and cartoons, the voice didn't match with the picture.)

Cell Phones 51PRVlc10-L._AA280_
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:06 pm

The thing I really like about Verizon is that I almost never have dropped calls and I can talk to everyone in my family without using any minutes. We never go over our minutes at all.

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:34 am

yup i have a cell phone and there is nothing i dont like about verizon i never get dropped calls thats probly cause im always texting but oh well Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

We're in a catch-22 with our land-line. We want to drop our home phone since we all have our own cells now, but our DSL is through our land line with Verizon. If we drop our home phone, we would lose our DSL.

If we could afford Satellite DSL, we'd go through our DirecTV for DSL and be able to drop our landline.

DSL for Verizon -19 bucks
DSL for satellite -60 bucks

We've gone round and round with this and still haven't come up with a perfect solution
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:39 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
We're in a catch-22 with our land-line. We want to drop our home phone since we all have our own cells now, but our DSL is through our land line with Verizon. If we drop our home phone, we would lose our DSL.

If we could afford Satellite DSL, we'd go through our DirecTV for DSL and be able to drop our landline.

DSL for Verizon -19 bucks
DSL for satellite -60 bucks

We've gone round and round with this and still haven't come up with a perfect solution

charter high speed internet 35-40 bucks a month no land line needed
Back to top Go down
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Don't have one. Never seen the point of a cell phone.
I have a regular landline through AT&T and only pay about $12 a month for service (through the Lifeline plan) + another $7 for call waiting and caller ID.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Quote :
charter high speed

Dude, thanks ! I'm going to look into that !
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 pm

eternal sanctum wrote:
Don't have one. Never seen the point of a cell phone.
I have a regular landline through AT&T and only pay about $12 a month for service (through the Lifeline plan) + another $7 for call waiting and caller ID.

I wish at times that I was in your shoes and didn't need cell service. I run my business from the front seat of an 80,000 pound truck, so for me, it is an absolute necessity.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Well I don't "need" a cell phone, but I sure am glad I have one. It keep me and my children from having to walk about a mile-and-a-half home in the 40degree rain last night when my car would start.

sabidoo

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Well I don't "need" a cell phone, but I sure am glad I have one. It keep me and my children from having to walk about a mile-and-a-half home in the 40degree rain last night when my car would start.

Are you crippled or just lazy? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Quote :
Are you crippled or just lazy?

Cell Phones Haha
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 am

I use E-plus but already cancelled my contract with them and switching over to O2 next year. Right now I pay € 10,- and have not even called or texted anybody. With O2 I do have cheap/fair rates and the option to order a flatrate so I can talk to anybody in landline (Germany wide) for € 10,- extra/month. The monthly main fee is € 2,95.
My wife has got a prepaid card. She pays € 0,09 per minute or text message.
Well, that's Europe.... ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:30 am

Since some years I don't call prepaid anymore but have a subscription for 500 call minutes.
I never use them but my kids sometime need some extra and then if they ask they can use my cell phone.
I can use my cell phone abroad too.
I have a simple cell phone and don't have a mps 3 player or can make pics with my cell phone.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:47 am

My phone doesn't have a camera, either. We aren't allowed at work to bring camera phones. It is an offense that can get you fired in a heartbeat. So, I deliberately got a phone without one.

I don't have a built in MP3 player. I think it's rather a dorky combo.

I don't text, either. I think that is just plain silly! I had it completely blocked on my phone. If you need to contact me, then CALL me. That's why I have a PHONE!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
sabidoo

sabidoo

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:
My phone doesn't have a camera, either. We aren't allowed at work to bring camera phones. It is an offense that can get you fired in a heartbeat. So, I deliberately got a phone without one.

I don't have a built in MP3 player. I think it's rather a dorky combo.

I don't text, either. I think that is just plain silly! I had it completely blocked on my phone. If you need to contact me, then CALL me. That's why I have a PHONE!

Or just leave you a msg (txt) on here and have you call me...HA HA
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:03 am

In my career, the opposite is true. My wife and I are in the medical field and it's next to impossible to call each other. The automated systems we have to deal with during extremely busy times are tedious time wasters. Therefore, we text each other info all the time regarding RX refills and changes, interactions, allergies, questions and so on.

As for the Mp3 part... every once in a while, I actually get to take a break and sit for 10 or 15. During that time I bust out my phone and use it like an iPod, rocking out on Christian tunes while I rest.

The only reason I miss the camera part is because it's always nice to have a camera handy in case of an accident. You can photo the entire scene for evidence. Course that's not too often, if ever.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:40 pm

sabidoo wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Are you crippled or just lazy? Shocked

Niether, but my son is crippled.
Bet you think it's funny know huh?

Guilty/Forgiven

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:33 pm

There's silence here now....

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cell Phones
Page 1 of 1