Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand new Disciple "Radical"

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
ChosenOne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Brand new Disciple "Radical" Empty
PostSubject: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 am

Disciple have released a live version of one of their new songs called "Radical". It is from the cd Attack which drops 09/03/14.

Also the new album cover. For which cd does this cover look like. And go....

Brand new Disciple "Radical" 10491287_10152195570590669_8366248168915196252_n
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:49 am

Not bad, have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:59 am

ChosenOne wrote:

Also the new album cover. For which cd does this cover look like. And go....

Brand new Disciple "Radical" 10491287_10152195570590669_8366248168915196252_n

This one maybe?

Brand new Disciple "Radical" Triump10

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 am

That would be the one Staybrite. Someone mentioned it on their Facebook page. Kevin responded and said it was unintentional. He also stated that TR was the first Christian Hard Rock album he heard and was a fan of WhiteCross. Also, mentioned that his first tattoo was of that album cover.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:19 am

I wouldn't say that they are close enough to call the new Disciple cover a "rip-off"....maybe more of an "homage".  It isn't like the "sword and shield" or even the "Lion of Judah" are exactly obscure themes in Christianity.

I want somebody to start a thread listing all the Christian bands or artists who have released an album titled "Rise", "Rise-Up" or "Reborn"

Last edited by Staybrite on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:20 am

I love the lyrical direction of the new song and the music.  However, I would give it a few more coolness points if they just had a guitar solo in it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I love the lyrical direction of the new song and the music.
 I agree

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 pm

I agree with alldat, solos guys, solos.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:02 pm

I know people always want solo's and I have seemed to notice something. I admit, I listen to country (the more pop kind like Brantley Gilbert, Jason Aldean, etc) and a lot of their albums seem to be filled with solos. In fact back in Jan I went to see Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line and the concert was filled with guitar solos. But they do seem to be lacking in the rock market. Solo's aren't a big thing for me, I'm just a Disciple fan and am stoked about the new album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 am

I am a Disciple fan and a fan of solos.  Rock music was built on a guitar solo.  Breakdowns are for people who cannot play lead.  It is what separates someone like myself who plays guitar or someone who is a guitarist.  I play guitar and can do a little solo stuff.  Rex Carroll is a phenomenal guitarist.  I can play quite a bit on the guitar, but he has mastered it.

Solos are for the guitar master.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Cool. I'm hoping to see them at the Hills Alive Festival in a couple of weeks. It's two-day festival and we decided to only go out on Saturday this year, so if D is playing on Sunday I'll be out of luck. We'll see ...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 pm

I've to wait till next week till I can listen to the first song of the new album of Disciple.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 am

I've got the two new songs but haven't played them yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Disciple "Radical"   Brand new Disciple "Radical" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new Disciple "Radical"
Page 1 of 1