Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
10 posters

Rooster Crow
Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alter of Pain
Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
The House Is On Fire
Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
80,000 Underground
 0% [ 0 ]
Where Roses Grow
Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Right On Time
 22% [ 2 ]
Child of the Blues
 0% [ 0 ]
Bargain
 22% [ 2 ]
New Age Boogie
 0% [ 0 ]
Laughing Man
 0% [ 0 ]
Great God In Heaven
Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Bring on the blues!  Headbang   Innocent Blood is Rez' most blues-based hard rock offering yet, without a bad track on the whole album. This CD just screams blues -- "Rooster Crow," "Where Roses Grow," and "Great God in Heaven" are straight blues songs, "Child of the Blues" starts out as a Robert Jordan-esque blues tune before progressing nicely into a real blues rock jammer, complete with slide guitar (and I don't mean a country slide LOL), "The House Is On Fire" has a great blues beat to it even if the vocal and guitar styles are more rock, and the bass and drums for "Fiend or Foul" are true blues as well. The rest of the songs are just great rockers, and I mean hard rockers, like we've come to expect from Rez by this time, along with an excellent cover of The Who's "Bargain." I especially like "Right on Time," even though it has keyboards (keys are OK, when done right  What a Face  ); it was almost retro enough for Rainbow's End.

Interesting tidbits:
- The CD cover for this album does not list "Alter of Pain" --- oops! Smile
- "Bargain" was a number one hit on Christian radio

The album also has a sad story behind its title. From the liner notes (misspellings theirs, not mine  Razz ):

Quote :
The small girl staring through the dirty glass door [on the cover] is remembered by us as a friendly yet shy sort of child. She lived next door and loved to come over and help us serve dinner to our neighbours. One day she was laughing and playing, the next day she dissapeared. So far as we know, she was never found. This innocent child was the victim of forces not understood by a child's mind, fodder for someone's perversion, maybe money for someone's pocket ... innocent blood.

I was really getting into blues when this album came out -- Eric Clapton, Robert Jordan, etc. -- so I really enjoyed this whole album. Even today I have a hard time saying what my favorite is, although "Great God In Heaven" tends to get repeated a lot in my CD/MP3 players so I'll go with that one.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Where Rose Grow, what a great, great blues song. Love this one all the way through.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 am

I'll second that, RF.  That song is so bluesy that even Bo Diddley would step back and go, "Man, you got dem blues bad!"

However, it isn't just the music to this song that I love.  The message is counter to the sadness of the music.  It gives great hope to the believer that one day we WILL run where roses grow.  Roses are full of thorns.  If they are rose bushes, you also have to watch for hidden snakes.  So, to be able to run there, all the dangers have to be removed.  It is a day when we will walk with Jesus by sight not just by faith.

My 2nd favorite is "Great God In Heaven".  When I get a bit better with my cigar box guitar, I am going to rework the harmonica parts and do this one at church.

Next would come "Laughing Man".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 am

While there are other albums by Rez that I have a sentimental attachment to, musically,  this Innocent Blood is my favorite. It's a front to back blues rock album, but at the same time, it seemed a little "heavier". I always assumed it was a side effect of touring with Sacred Warrior. This was also an album that, in my circles, had appeal to non- Christians as well. It seemed like someone was always wanting to borrow it. 

It's hard to beat the groove of Fiend or Foul, or the energy of Child of the Blues, but my vote has to go to Altar of Pain. As BearDad said, there's not a bad song on it. This would be the Rez album for those who aren't fans.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 am

I actually prefer Right on Time.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:59 am

I'd love to hear your version alldat.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:15 am

Another absolutely fantastic album by Rez, at this point in their career they were really firing on all cylinders. Difficult to chose a favorite because (as said by others) they are nearly all fantastic. I really really like Right On Time, but when forced to pick a single favorite I'm gonna have to go with the great cover of the Who classic "Bargain".

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:08 am

Six votes is pathetic! I think I'm going to have to start setting these things up for multiple votes. Come on folks ... Rez is like bread! You can't have a sandwich without bread, and we wouldn't have today's Christian hard rock with Rez. (OK, that's my opinion, I know, but it's my poll so I can say that! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:04 am

By this time in my music listening career I was off into other things and Rez got left behind.  And then shortly after this time I got into playing music and was focusing on that and music purchases really waned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:29 am

BearDad wrote:
Six votes is pathetic! I think I'm going to have to start setting these things up for multiple votes. Come on folks ... Rez is like bread! You can't have a sandwich without bread, and we wouldn't have today's Christian hard rock with Rez. (OK, that's my opinion, I know, but it's my poll so I can say that! Smile )

I find it difficult to argue with that logic.

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Those defective youth. Why won't they listen?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 pm

metaldude wrote:

Hey who you calling deceptive?!?  And where do you expect us to make a list in???
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:56 pm

kerrick wrote:
metaldude wrote:

Hey who you calling deceptive?!?  And where do you expect us to make a list in???

Listen up my doomy friend. It says DEFECTIVE,  not deceptive. It's a joke that Rez fans will understand. Now get back in line before we get BeerDad after you. geek
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

I am NOT moody!  And I am a good listener.  But why are you poking Rez fans???
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Someone's got dain bramage.  ↑↑↑
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Hehehe...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 pm

metaldude wrote:
kerrick wrote:
metaldude wrote:

Listen up my doomy friend. It says DEFECTIVE,  not deceptive. It's a joke that Rez fans will understand. Now get back in line before we get BeerDad after you. geek

I think I'm going to change my username!! LOL!  How's DanielBandFan sound? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 am

Altar of Pain.... period...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:49 pm

The Who cover, hands down  cyclops 

Last edited by trogdawn on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:10 pm

I chose Right on Time, but several others are a close second. Bargain is a favorite, as is Where Roses Grow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood   Favorite Rez Song - Innocent Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1