Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Collecting"

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
MikeInFla
xenonlion
Xid
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

"Collecting" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Except the collection CDs I have, I have collected rocks too.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Vonnie collects ROCKs and ROCK Music  Very Happy - GO VONNIE !!! ROCK OUT !!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 5:03 pm

I think the debates on piracy/file trading/owner's rights/ etc etc get to be a little tiring.
Let's always do our best to support artists as much as possible, but in my POV, trading copies is gonna keep happening, I have multiple albums I didn't pay for. Once I get to listening to them, I will decide whether I rate it high enough to want to OWN the original. At that point, I will seek down the cheapest price hoping that the artist gets their fair share, but even then I end up buying used, most likely from someone who's burned their own copy of said album that I'm buying for 3 bucks.
It's really sad that artists get screwed out of a lot of money they deserve, but it's just the way it is in this age. Again, I do my best to support artists by buying directly from them (which is cool cuz I usually get autographs and other perks)... but burning copies has been here since reel-to-reels came into households. My uncle used to burn records he borrowed from people to a reel. For you young-uns, that's like a record size cassette - 2 reels that the tape ran back and forth on.
So it's been around since the 70s with reels clear up to today and it's not lifting anytime soon.

Matter of fact, on the subject of collecting. That was my largest collection when I was a teen, thousands of TDK, Memorex, Real, Maxell, and the cheaper brands - I would borrow friends cassettes or records and record my copy of the album. I had huge collections of albums in every genre as well as hundreds of radio shows, top 40, rock charts, and my favorite was a local rock radio station that would play uninterrupted concerts like Ted Nugent, Van Halen, U2, Peter Frampton, Jimi Hendrix, etc. I had them ALL recorded - huge collection in alphabetical order for quick finding of whatever I wanted to listen to. Also tons of hours recorded from KNAC and KMET, Los Angeles stations with classic rock format. Wouldn't mind hearing some of those old recordings today... sad that I tossed them all out.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:41 am

Guily/Forgiven.

lol! 

I only collect rocks as you can see.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 am

I collect dust, too.  See me sitting in my computer chair being a big couch potato?  I am collecting dust!  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:26 am

ROTFL This thread has degenerated fast  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
ROTFL This thread has degenerated fast  Laughing

Why should this thread be any different than the rest of them?  Laughing 

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Let me try to "right the ship", if I may. I consider myself fortunate in that my wife realizes music is a big part of who I am. Anyone married to a musician should realize that. I only collect what I will listen to. I collect mostly digital now but I have several hundred cds. I also collect jerseys from past and present Pittsburgh Steelers players. I even bought one for the Mrs.(Why do women look so good in them? Afterall, they're meant for 300lb men.) My only other collection would be my Christian t-shirts. This one we had a bit of a conflict because I don't like to get rid of them. We decided to have them made into a quilt. You can get about 30 shirts onto a king size quilt. The downside is the quilt costs $300.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 pm

That quilt would be awesome !
When my old Christian t-shirts would wear out or I'd outgrow them... physically  Embarassed , then I would cut the picture off the shirt and using a staple gun, I'd attach them to the ceiling in my garage. Looks cool.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:55 pm

I have an awesome collection of dust too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Any Belly Button Lint collectors here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Xid wrote:
Any Belly Button Lint collectors here?

No, but I remember a morning radio show team talking to a lady who's daughter had made a small pillow from the belly button lint she had collected out of her father's belly button each evening over several years.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm

No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No  No
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Hey MetalDude, do you have a picture of that quilt ?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:39 pm

I also have a pretty big comic collection. I havent looked at it in 20 years tho, it is at my dad's stored away. After we got married I sold a bunch of them. WOuldn't mind to look at them again and sell some of 'em on e-bay. I got ripped off when I sold some back in the early 90's at least on e-bay I can get what I want for them or just keep 'em.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hey MetalDude, do you have a picture of that quilt ?
I'm still collecting the  shirts for it. I still need about 10 more. I know someone who also makes pillows with t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Collecting"   "Collecting" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Collecting"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: