Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Noise cancelling headphones?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Noise cancelling headphones? Empty
PostSubject: Noise cancelling headphones?   Noise cancelling headphones? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I've been looking into getting noise cancelling headphones, for three reasons: mowing lawns, playing drums, and riding buses. All three are, of course, noisy environments, and I want to be able to listen to music without damaging my hearing. That said, do you have any recommendations? I've heard good things from Bose.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Noise cancelling headphones?   Noise cancelling headphones? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

I have a pair of Sony's and what I found is they really aren't worth the money. The noise they typically cancel out is consistent single-pitch noise, like heavy machinery. Which means they might work good for you while mowing the lawn, but they wouldn't likely help with noisy environments like public buses. I've found that mine actually work good for noisy environments with the noise cancelling feature turned off simply because they are full in-ear headphones, like these. Which is why I say they aren't really worth the money ($45 for mine) as a cheaper pair, like the ones I linked to, would likely do just as good.

As for Bose, the company makes excellent speakers. However, I sometimes wonder if they are like Harley Davidsons -- priced higher because of the name.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Noise cancelling headphones?   Noise cancelling headphones? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Noise cancelling headphones are cool technology but I think they are overrated.  My son picked up a pair, I can't remember what brand, but they're nice, to use for recording.  I actually like my Audio-Technicas better.

I don't know if he's used them while out in the world to see how they work or if they make that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Noise cancelling headphones?   Noise cancelling headphones? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:31 am

I have a pair of Sony headphones that I have used in the drum booth for several years. Unfortunately,  I'm not home to tell you exactly what model. I'll get it later. I would recommend them. They have great sound quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noise cancelling headphones?   Noise cancelling headphones? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noise cancelling headphones?
Page 1 of 1