Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Name this Musical Illness !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Name this Musical Illness ! Empty
PostSubject: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Staybrite and I were discussing what we deem as being an "Illness", a condition that some music lovers get.

To define this, as of yet, un-named condition - allow me to first give you the definition:

A. Some people like music. They have a few albums on their PC, or a few CDs, they listen to every once in a while. They could take them or leave them.

B. There are people who love music. They have a pretty good collection of music, and they listen to music regularly as well as have a working knowledge of some of the bands they like.

C. Then..... there are people Staybrite and I were discussing - of which, we are guilty (and I'm sure many others here as well).
We LOVE music - and that's an understatement. 
We have ridiculously LARGE collections we may never even be able to listen to before we die. Despite what we already have, we still want more, still want the latest release by bands we really love.
We talk about bands, band members, What those band members have been up to, what they did before the band they're currently in, we discuss new releases, old classics, etc.
We are the ones who, even in our 40s and 50s, are still hanging music posters in the garage or in our man-caves.
We catalogue the music we have and organize them alphabetically or by genre (or both) using Excel, or perhaps have an entire website dedicated to our collections.
Listening to music isn't something to break the silence in the background - rather, listening to music is something we do as an activity in and of itself.
Perhaps, as I do, some of us "rate" albums and give them a certain number of "stars" in the end, so we know later how much we liked the album, and give reasons why - thus helping us remember whether we liked an album enough to listen to it again in the future.

There you have it.
The definition is C. 
The question we pose to everyone here: Create a TITLE for this kind of music lover.
For example, there are medical terms like "hypochondriac", "Kleptomaniac", or made up terms like "Germaphobe".

Obvious (and boring) terms for this CONDITION would be "Obsessive Compulsive", "Fanatical", "Hoarder", etc

What we're looking for is a clever term or phrase that could be used to identify someone who falls into the category of "C."
Be creative - ie something like an "album title" style by Tourniquet that would describe a music fanatic like "C."

LET'S HEAR 'EM FOLKS  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm

clown

Last edited by Redeemed Fool on Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Wow... took this humorous thread and just slashed it's throat with the knife of reality.

Come-on peeps, looking for humorous titles... (perhaps in another, more serious thread, we can discuss those periods of our lives (and we've all had/have them) where we've been off balance with our music obsessions and allowed it to spend too much time in a place where we should be spending with God....

That's not what I was going at here. Fun thread - silly thread - humor - levity - did I say silly ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Idol worship?

Not pointing at anyone but i've been convicted lately of this.

Where's that emoticon for how I'm feeling right now?

Oh, here it is

Name this Musical Illness ! Kicked_in_the_balls

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Laughing  Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:06 pm

I have something similar. I literally can't stop thinking of music. If I hear music, I have to play air drums/guitar/bass/keys/whatever to it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Ok... nevermind. I apparently suck at communication and am unable to get the point of this thread across in an understandable way.

What say we forget my original intention of coming up with a humorous name/title for this music obsession we music lovers have and let's just discuss the problem instead !

Name this Musical Illness ! Smack-self-in-the-head
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm

I guess I'll be first to embarrass myself. How about  Metallically Obsessed Gluttonous Audiophile.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:30 pm

metaldude wrote:
I guess I'll be first to embarrass myself. How about  Metallically Obsessed Gluttonous Audiophile.

Ok, now that sounds like the title of a long lost Tourniquet album.  Thumbs Up 

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:46 pm

metaldude wrote:

I LOVE IT !!!  Now we're talking !!! I love the Tourniquet style, and especially the use of the word Audiophile ! Very good.

Carie Ann Enaba: 8
Lem Goodwin: 8
Bruno Tonioli : 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name this Musical Illness !   Name this Musical Illness ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name this Musical Illness !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: