Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!

Go down 
+7
Follower of Jesus
LRW
Redeemed Fool
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Driven
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! Empty
PostSubject: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:14 pm

This album rocks. That is all.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:21 pm

It really does.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:51 pm

I agree, and it is my favorite of the two Mastedon albums.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:11 pm

I got it on vinyl - sounds SO sweet under the needle.

I personally can't pick a fav between the 2 early albums... they're both on equal ground for me, though the 2 AOR power Ballads on Lofcaudio are killer !
But Jungle is more raw, though polished, the songs aren't as "perfect" as Lof, giving it more personality.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Love them both, i'm an Elefante fan all around.
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 6:42 am

Yeah, this album absolutely rips! Just curious, does anyone know whatever happened with title track vocalist David Robbins? I know he also did "Get It" , but what about after that?
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:15 am

I prefer Lofcaudio, but this one is stellar just the same. Love the title track and the song linked above.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:22 am

I also dig the title track and Get Up. Backing-organ-driven metal. Cool

I'm starting to want a CD copy of this and of Lofcaudio (which I haven't heard yet, but I'm guessing it's fantastic as well).

Is it just me, or did the Elefante bros put a weird ascending beep at the beginning of all the tapes they produced? Unseen Power and this one have the same thing.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:37 am

You can probably find the remastered version of this CD that came out a couple of years ago, Andre.  It should not be too difficult for that one.  An original?  Good luck!  You might have to sell a kidney!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:45 am

I don't know if a kidney sells for $50, but I found this after a few seconds of searching:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTEDON-Its-Jungle-Out-There-CD-1989-RARE-Original-UK-Import-J-Elefante-/300948050668?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4611e6d2ec

Unfortunately, the only other Jungle CD (and it's the Frontiers version) on eBay is $32. I like the album, but I'm not spending that much on one CD that was recently released.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 9:13 am

David Robbins was a great vocalist.  Loved him on Get It and Mastedon.  I think he went a bit 'wayward' so X-Sinner and him parted company.  Shame really, as I think they could have done many great albums with him as vocalist.  Mind you, Rex is great too.

Love both the first two Mastedon albums.  The third one is good, but lacks the same feel.  Although as a John Elefante album it's superb.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 10:05 am

Driven wrote:
Is it just me, or did the Elefante bros put a weird ascending beep at the beginning of all the tapes they produced? Unseen Power and this one have the same thing.
The beeps mark the beginning and end of the tape.  On Side 2 when you hear the beeps after the last song you can flip the tape over back to Side 1 without letting it run all the way to the end.  Why they didn't just cut the tape there is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:59 am

I to really like this album. I was so glad when Frontiers re-released it a few years back. I bought it then. I thought that there was talk of Lofcaudio being re-released but haven't heard anything lately. I hope it does.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Xid wrote:
Driven wrote:
The beeps mark the beginning and end of the tape.  On Side 2 when you hear the beeps after the last song you can flip the tape over back to Side 1 without letting it run all the way to the end.  Why they didn't just cut the tape there is beyond me.

I never knew that!  I remember having a few cassette tapes with that "beep" on them.  Back in the late 80's I had a dual cassette deck.  You could put one tape in deck A and play it, then put another tape in deck B and hit the "pause" and "play" buttons at the same time.  When cassette A stopped, cassette B would start automatically.  Kind of like those old turn-tables that would let you stack several records on top of each other and drop them down for continued play when each one was finished.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:52 pm

The first tape I heard it on was Soldiers Under Command.  We thought it was weird.  It still is weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Ha ! I totally remember those ascending and descending tones on the cassettes back in the day !

There were two different ones actually:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Ok, I don't ever remember hearing that second tone on any of my cassettes  scratch

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Well, as they say in Québec, I'll go to bed less stupid than I was. Razz I never knew that about the beeps. Most of the tapes my dad has are vinyl rips, so they don't have the beep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!   Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There!
Page 1 of 1