Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?

Go down 
+9
Staybrite
Xid
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
Driven
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
BearDad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? Empty
PostSubject: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:42 pm

We all have one ... a favorite band, singer, duo, whatever, that we can listen to any day of the week, at any time, and even any album. Mine is Journey.  It doesn't matter what kind of mood I am in, I can always listen to a Journey album.  And I don't care which one, just put one on.  I prefer pre-Jonathon Cain, and while Arnel does sound a lot like Steve Perry, I have to admit I preferred Steve Augeri over him. And yes, Escape is very "commercial", but still ... any day, any time, I'm up for a journey with Journey.  Sadly I've only seen them in concert once, back in the early 80's when I was only 17, and I'm not convinced I'd want to go now since ticket prices are usually ridiculous.  So I just listen to a live album and pretend I'm there! LOL!

So what's yours?

No need to answer Kerrick.  We already know yours is Judas Priest!  lol!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:46 pm

ROTFL  Actually I was going to say Manowar but that's ok!   lol!  Stupid
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:48 pm

lol!  ^

Mine is a toss up between Fleetwood Mac and Van Halen. I have the entire discography of FM and the 1st six albums (the only ones that matter) by VH. I only like about 4 albums by FM, but def could listen to those 4 anytime. With VH I could listen to them anytime as well, only about 4 or 5 songs I've deleted out of my Playlists due to lyrical content I feel is not appropriate.

For Christian music, I have the discography of Wes King and there isn't a bad song on all 6 albums- I LOVE listening to these albums anytime, anywhere.

Those are the individual "artists/bands" - but I do have Playlists that include 1000s of different artists that I love to listen to anytime (that include Journey, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden... no Manowar though, sorry)  Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:55 pm

I could play Journey all day too. Love all their stuff. But the one I could play any day all day is Styx. I have all of their stuff and then some and have seen them about 9 times since 1991. Have all the solo albums too and have met Tommy Shaw, JY and Ricky Phillips. When I worked at a radio station I did an in depth interview with Dennis DeYoung shortly after he was booted from the band.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Other than the obvious... My Silent Wake is one for me.  I could listen to them forever and never get tired of 'em!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Rush. They have a large enough variety of styles that I can usually pick what I feel like hearing - Zepp-type rock, prog, synth-powered rock, synth-coated rock, or normal rock.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I'll agree with that one too ^

Rush leans a little towards the "mood" folders of music- ie I have to be in the mood to listen to... kinda like Pink Floyd. Can't just up and listen to them "anytime, anywhere, etc" gotta be in the mood. Got a lot of bands like that.
My Silent Wake is one of them too. Great band, but I gotta be in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Maiden
Saxon
Atomic Opera
Barren Cross
Mark Knopfler
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I put my answers in the one in the music room as I don't really have any secular artists that I still play other than maybe Weird Al and Scott Stapp.  I have to be in the mood for both of them and they wouldn't qualify for this conversation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Quote :
Atomic Opera

Oh YEAH !!!!! I'm a fairly new convert to these guys. Although I've had some of their albums for a few years, I never really listened to them. I've been listening to them a LOT lately - they are an excellent and underrated band.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Some of you guys remind me of my wife and daughters! Very Happy  Ask them a yes or no question and you get a three sentence answer!

Fight  

The question was what one band or artist are you more likely to listen to over all others? Now, answa da quession!

What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? Mafia
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Joe Satriani.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Wes King
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Asia & Journey

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 pm

FOUL !!!!!! ^  Laughing
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Yea, but one of them is Journey, so we can let him off with just a warning! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Journey & Megadeth.
Journey & Tourniquet.
Journey & Kamelot.
 Wow!  Wow!  Wow!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
FOUL !!!!!! ^  Laughing

I thought you meant the choices stunk.  My bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Rammstein
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Journey & Megadeth.
Journey & Tourniquet.
Journey & Kamelot.
 Wow!  Wow!  Wow!

Rolling Eyes

Isn't there a thread about "foot-in-mouthitis"?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Samson wrote:
Rammstein

Gasp!  Shocked   The band behind the Columbine killings!? Oh my!  Shocked 

Jo king
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Same as my Christian answer, Knoteye.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I gotta agree, Knoteye is an excellent band. Do they have a "discography" or were they pretty much just a local band without any record deals ?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 am

Abba

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 am

Abba can make you happy when you're down.
Abba can make you happier when you're happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?   What artist can you play any day, any time, any album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What artist can you play any day, any time, any album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next