Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?

Go down 
+4
messiaen77
Xid
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:37 pm

The last couple weeks I've said things in social media with good intentions and innocently. Unfortunately, the WAY I typed these "innocent" statements, was misinterpreted (after I re-read what I wrote, it then made sense why)....

In this age of electronic communication, I think a lot of statements can be easily misunderstood since the reader does not get the intended voice attitude or inflections that would make the statements better understood face to face.

Anyone else typed something and regretted typing it after people misunderstood your true intentions ?

Or maybe I'm just an isolated idiot who does this ? Types first, then reads it later ?

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Not me, I never type anything stupid (lol)
It helps that I type kind of slow

In all honesty I stick my foot in my mouth all too often. It also makes it more difficult that "tone" or intent is really difficult to discern in a few sentences.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 pm

At one point last Friday, I was getting to the point where I was like "egads, that's it, I'm done with this social media crap" - but then I settled down and just thought, it ain't anyone's fault for misunderstanding me... but me. It's hard to try to view a thought from different people's perspectives though. I know there's no way you can please everyone, but that's not my issue, my problem is people misunderstanding what I mean, or whether I'm joking or being serious, etc.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 pm

I've just gotten used to the taste Sole Food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm

I am horrible about writing things in a way that I think is dryly funny or clearly sarcastic that doesn't come across that way to anyone else.  For instance, I proposed to my wife 21 years ago on April 1 because, well, that's the kind of guy I am.  So last Tuesday I posted something about it and said something to the effect that every year the sad realization hits her that I wasn't joking.  The post had not be up a minute before a very dear friend messaged me and asked if my post was supposed to be funny because it sounded like we both felt stuck in a miserable marriage all these years later.  I need editors in my life for exactly that reason.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Emoticons make things a lot clearer, usually. Usually.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Those of us that suffer from this ailment sometimes get it so bad that we suffer from coccyx fracture at the same time.  (Look it up Smile )
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Us medical field type get yer joke... very clever  Laughing
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm thinking you're an isolated idiot.

Fight 

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 am

When it comes to online presence, I am the village idiot.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 am

ROTFL ^ to the previous 2 comments
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:02 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?   Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else suffer from "Foot-in-mouthitis" ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: