Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... Empty
PostSubject: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:57 am

to find out WHY so many people want to join our FaceBook page, I've posed a question on the page asking WHY they want to be a member of our CHM FB page.

Why ? For one, we have, as Vonnie pointed out, hundreds of people joining up every week !!  WHY ??? 

Another example, I examine people's posts, and sometimes red flags pop up so I go to their personal FB and notice that they have all kinds of filth and contradictory stuff (like this one guy- all his favorite music was Emenem, 50 Cent and a myriad of rap artists with filthy lyrics and nothing to do with CHristian music at all.... WHY is he wanting to be a member ???)
Another member had an avatar that showed him and his girlfriend giving the camera the finger. Why do they want to be a member at a "CHRISTIAN Music" board ??

I think my innocuous post will help to weed out some of those who don't need to be there.

I could be wrong. But it's an attempt... we'll see what kinds of answers we get.... should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 am

If you look at some of those people they have joined a dozen groups, so I think they are just looking to get more stuff in their feed or something.

One of the new member requests had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 posts and had only been a f.b. member since this March. How do you start that many posts in only a month?

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 am

And if it ain't that, it's someone trying to pimp their band, their radio show (Mac and Rob don't count, because they interact with us), or their concerts, and that's it. No interaction whatsoever. I've lost count of all the Christian music pages I've left because it's literally flooded with the same 25 advertisements from the same people over and over again.

Last edited by Samson on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

Most are spammers for lack of better term. What I don't understand is most also don't post anything. I wonder if you get more rights to view other group members profiles like you do with friends. Could be mining for info.

Those type will never answer your post either.

When I was admining a large group, I would always block those that had lots of groups in their profile.

messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Why are people joining?  Clearly it is because all the cool kids are into Christian music now.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 pm

^Ha!  That'll be the day!   geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....   Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of all the underhanded, sneaky, tricky ways....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: