Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff Empty
PostSubject: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Some of you may be aware that I was the victim of dental malpractice almost 2 months ago. I had to have a bad tooth pulled before I could have my back surgery. Someone wrote down the wrong tooth number on the referral (after 2 dentists and several x-rays showed clearly which tooth # to be pulled). No one took responsibility, rather they lied to me - when all the paperwork and x-rays I have prove that the tooth they pulled was healthy and the tooth # they were suppose to pull looks terrible and was not pulled. (I went to a different dentist who pulled the correct tooth and looked at my previous xrays and said they definitely pulled the wrong tooth - a perfectly good tooth)

So I said all that to say this. I've never sued anyone. But I'm not left with any other option. Reason is, the tooth they wrongfully pulled was the very last tooth in the back that was GOING to be a tooth to use for a bridge. Now it is gone, as is the bad tooth that was in front of it. The only option I have to get teeth back in there will be implants which I cannot afford.

As you can see, I have a case. I contacted one lawyer who specializes in dental malpractice, but alas, he is too busy right now.

Has anyone here been in this position of having to sue ?  Any suggestions or tips ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Thankfully I never have had to. But it does sound like you might not be left with that option.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Thankfully I never have had this.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Kind of figured my case was a bit rare... I was just wondering if anyone had to sue any businesses for any reason and what it was like. I don't want to do this, but I have no other options. They have to right their wrong.
It sucks, but I'm the one missing a part of my body that was perfectly healthy and can't be replaced (without spending a small fortune).

I know it's a downer of a thread, but I was fishing for anyone here that may have had to go thru a lawsuit since I'm a lawsuit virgin.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:42 pm

The company I work for has been sued...but sadly that's not at all uncommon in my field.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Sorry to hear that you're in this position.  I've never sued before either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff   Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suing, Lawsuits, and other fun stuff
Page 1 of 1