Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A reason to give thanks...

Go down 
+4
Driven
Staybrite
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

A reason to give thanks... Empty
PostSubject: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm

I created a chart to show to those who've prayed for me before and after my surgery as well as anyone who may not believe in miracles. By a loose definition, a miracle is something that God has mercifully done in a person's life that defies all science and medical textbooks ever written.

May the Glory go to God alone for this miracle.

A reason to give thanks... 2014_s10

(I was just corrected- the squeezed width was about the size of 2 pin-heads... too late to fix the chart as it's gone out, but I figured one pin-head, two... it's still unbelievably small !)
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Incredible!  Just looking at the pics is making me hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I would say it's pretty darn miraculous, just looking at that "before" image it looks like your spinal chord might already have been severed!

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Funny enough, I'm learning about the nervous system - including the spine - in biology right now. One of the things we covered was the reminder that nerve cells are unreplacable - they don't grow back if they're cut (the nerve fibre can be up to a metre long!). So that really is a close call!

The nervous system is incredibly complex. No telling what could've gone wrong if the nerve cells had broken.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:47 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Yes - it hurt BAD Xid. But less than a week after the surgery, I'm feeling great ! Praise God !

And as far as that sucker being pinched like a kinked hose, let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to experience anything worse than pain. Again, this IS a miracle - just like the highly educated rich surgeon said to us. 
This surgeon rocks btw ! He did an incredible job. I go back to see him Monday and I'm sure he'll clear me for work - I'm doing THAT well.  cheers 
(The man that stuck a knife in my back -LOL http://www.keckmedicine.org/doctor/mark-j-spoonamore/ )
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yes - it hurt BAD Xid. But less than a week after the surgery, I'm feeling great ! Praise God !

That is absolutely awesome!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 pm

So you're getting better now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm amazed at how resilient the human body can be.
For the 3rd time in the same area they cut my back open, including the muscle ! They removed a disc, filled the empty area with bone chips in a special pouch thing, drilled 4 screws into the vertebras with brackets to hold the whole mess in place, then sewed all that back up.

A week later, I'm ready to go back to work. My pain level is only about a 2. I'm back to most normal activities - all except what they call BLT. Any activities that include bending, lifting or twisting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

So where do they get the bone chips from?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
So where do they get the bone chips from?

My first fusion of L5/S1 they used bone shavings from surrounding areas of the spine.

This one they used cadaver bone chips. It's kind of a trip, this is the same hospital we used to take my daughter back when she'd have surgeries on her arm (had a bone cyst from birth) and they'd use cadaver bone chips to fill in her arm where the cyst kept growing.

So we kind of have a common bond with dead people.  affraid
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Borg always feel good.  bounce
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Very Happy  I am part human, part of another human, and part metal.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
That's so cool! Very Happy

Wait... another human is still a human. You could have said that you're part yourself, part another human, and part metal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:59 pm

I am Iron Man!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 pm

I set off airport security. Really. Every time. I usually begin explaining to them as I'm headed towards the thing - then they have to do a manual check with those batons. Sometimes they lift up my shirt or feel around back there. It gets kinda old after the 1st couple times.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I set off airport security. Really. Every time. I usually begin explaining to them as I'm headed towards the thing - then they have to do a manual check with those batons. Sometimes they lift up my shirt or feel around back there. It gets kinda old after the 1st couple times.

You're that metal, huh…

A reason to give thanks... AQq7ypK_700b

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

That makes you part cyborg and schizophrenic, right?

I am also a 'borg, brother!  I just manage to see a chiropractor to keep my worn out disc where it is supposed to be.  It herniates from time to time, but my holistic medicine practicing chiropractor is able to manipulate that back into place without having to really pop and crack my back.  I am staying on maintenance visits once a month just to keep my back healthy.  I feel so much better after those adjustments.  I understand that your condition with your back is much worse than mine.  I have ONE degenerative disc that herniates and most of that from years of popping my back myself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 am

Wow, that's actually very cool that he can do that for you. Yeh, unfortunately for me I got the worse genes in the family and have multiple disc bulges and herniations. Que Serah ! It is what it is. I've learned not to complain but rather to find things to bring God glory.
In this case, the Surgeon telling me they removed the disc and waited - staring at my pinched spinal cord to see if it would go back to it's original shape... after some time, it expanded back to completely normal ! He said they were quite frankly worried that I would for sure have permanent damage for living with it pinched that long.
TO GOD THE ATTENTION for the cool things He is doing !
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:54 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A reason to give thanks...   A reason to give thanks... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A reason to give thanks...
Page 1 of 1