Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flipped Car...

Go down 
+6
Driven
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
kerrick
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Flipped Car... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 pm

I believe texting while driving is illegal in pretty much all states now, but you should verify what your local laws are. I honestly wasn't aware of that either. I knew it was in Illinois that just passed a hands free law also.

Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:26 pm

I never text/phone and drive. However, I've been known to change CDs while in motion (usually it's when there's no traffic around and no curves ahead). Having a car which requires all four limbs is an excellent deterrent to distracted driving.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:38 pm

This really is yikes.
Glas both are ok.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm

I think it is illegal in Washington State to text and drive. I know it's illegal here to talk to someone on your phone while you are driving unless you have a "hands-free" device. Fortunately my car has built in blue-tooth, because my wife seems to call me just about everyday on my way home.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 am

It is illegal to text and drive in all 50 states.  Many states are adopting a hands-free device law for talking on the phone.  I have a Blue-Tooth that I use now most of the time.  But, the laws won't stop it as people are too self centered to think about the possibility of hitting and killing someone else.  Besides, I hate the fact that the states and federal gov't. keep being a nanny state and making laws that common sense should take care of.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:54 am

The same here. It's forbidden to text or use your phone while driving. You have to pay lots of money when the police is seing you doing this.
They even make TV commercials how dangerous it is to do other things than only driving.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 am

I don't understand putting up elaborate, eye-catching billboards to warn of the dangers of distracted driving.  "I was doing just fine until I saw the billboard.  I had to look."

Alldat, I agree about the nanny state. Through the schools the government teaches Darwinism, but through their laws they try to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I don't understand putting up elaborate, eye-catching billboards to warn of the dangers of distracted driving.  "I was doing just fine until I saw the billboard.  I had to look."

There are a few digital billboards on our section of the interstate between Seattle and Tacoma. These billboards change screens every few seconds and often have short video advertisements....probably the most distracting thing I have ever seen on the road, especially at night. I think our state highway beautification act actually prohibits these signs, but I have heard they are on "tribal land" and not subject to the same laws. Crazy.

PostSubject: Re: Flipped Car...   Flipped Car... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flipped Car...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: