Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17

Go down 
+7
messiaen77
rockerVu2
Mac
Redeemed Fool
Samson
alldatndensum
Staybrite
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Been a little while since we have done one of these.  This one comes from way down deep in the not so endless bag of stoopid questions.

What was your favorite subject in school?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Until high school, my best and favorite subjects were English and Reading.  While I still loved to read,I could not stand the lady that would be my English teacher throughout most of high school.  Today, I think she was an awesome lady but I did not see her in that light back then!

I lived iwth my aunt and uncle for a while when I was in 10th grade.  In my English class there, it was nothing but reading and writing.  I loved it!  Back then, I wanted to be an author.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Lunch!
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Math all the way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 pm

American History all the way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:38 pm

side bar: little off topic but related. When I was in 8th grade my Aunt was my French teacher. I didn't tell anyone in the class so no one had a clue. Till one day in class I accidentally called her Aunt Nancy. I never lived that down because the rest of the year the whole class called her Aunt Nancy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 am

English/Reading followed by history.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:21 am

Gym! I was the only female jock that was into metal at my high school.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 am

The vacations.

But when I had to school I was good in languages.
I've learned all the Latin names of plants and trees and always got an A for it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 am

Band!!!

Additionally, in elementary school it was science.  7th grade was World Geography because I had the best teacher in the world who didn't make it seem like it was just memorizing stuff.  8th grade was "Special Topics" (the gifted class) because we did so many cool things.  I wrote a parody of Dr. Ruth's show called "Dr. Sheila's Good Science" lampooning our earth science teacher AND helping us study for the exams.  We even went to a local radio station and recorded a version of Monty Python's Dennis Moore sketch using sound effects and everything.  9th grade was gym because, well, let's just say I was a healthy teenage boy and there were girls with loose fitting tops and short shorts in there.  10th grade was speech because I got to talk in class and not get in trouble for it.  11th grade was actually English because I had a great teacher who opened my eyes and mind to other ways of thinking about the world.  12th grade was a toss up between English, humanities, and psychology.  College it was music theory, because I like puzzles.  Grad school it was probably Medieval and Renaissance notation because, well, I'm just that kind of a geek.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 am

Hmm… I'm not sure what subject I prefer. Definitely not English, especially not until junior/senior years.

If I had to pick, I'd go with math (particularly calculus), just because algebra problems carry a satisfying feeling when they are completed. I also like French, because it gets my linguistic creativity moving. It's strange, but I feel I'm more free to express myself in French than in English.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:56 pm

I think my favourite time in school was after school sports. I played girls hockey, basket ball, lacrosse, cross-country. I always brought my lunch too. Couldn't stomach the cafeteria food!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 am

I'm a band geek as well (better than being an Orch Dork Very Happy).  After that, chemistry (I still remember PV=nRT) and math (Algebra & Calculus).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 am

My favorite was history (still love history). But somewhere around the 8th grade I really started to excel at math...It still wasn't my favorite subject but I just happened to be pretty darn good at it. My worst subject was always English/Grammer.

Xid wrote:
Lunch!

Sounds just like my youngest boy.  Very Happy 

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Art.

Makes sense since all I did in all other classes was draw stuff in my notebook, on my book-covers, on the desks, on my jeans... sometimes I actually participated in some of the classes like English, Math, etc, when I wasn't drawing.

I was of the generation that seen the black/green chalkboard kicked out around my senior year and the dry erase boards arrive.
I use to love drawing pictures on chalk boards, but when the dry erase boards came in, I was in heaven... all those beautiful colors !! The teacher would step out for a few minutes only to return to a big drawing of some crazy picture I thought up while he/she was gone.... ahh good times
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

I really liked Art as well, I just wasn't in the top tier of Art students so I didn't stick with it.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:55 pm

I only passed art because the teacher was kind. My stick figure drawings weren't recongnizable although now, garbage passes for art. Literally.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 pm

The only art I took after middle school (where all classes are mandatory) was music, in sophomore/junior years. I would've taken music for senior year, but it's during the same period as calculus Sad
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

In college I took "Life Drawing" where we had live models who were sometimes 99% nude, but most of the time in bikinis or clothing that draped over in ways that helped the artists to better see the human form - you got to learn how to draw/sketch the human form by seeing the way anatomy plays the part in the ways a person sits, leans, lays, etc. We were taught how the muscles and bones play a part in everything, how to keep proper perspective in every shape, and how to measure every body part to every other body part so that after you sketch the head, you automatically know how big the hands should be based on the face, where the elbow bends based on the belly button, and on and on and on...

it was a fun class. The best part was, they never found any male models the entire semester  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
In college I took "Life Drawing" where we had live models who were sometimes 99% nude, but most of the time in bikinis or clothing that draped over in ways that helped the artists to better see the human form - you got to learn how to draw/sketch the human form by seeing the way anatomy plays the part in the ways a person sits, leans, lays, etc. We were taught how the muscles and bones play a part in everything, how to keep proper perspective in every shape, and how to measure every body part to every other body part so that after you sketch the head, you automatically know how big the hands should be based on the face, where the elbow bends based on the belly button, and on and on and on...

it was a fun class. The best part was, they never found any male models the entire semester  Very Happy

You mean you didn't offer your services Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

You mean you didn't offer your services Very Happy

Umm, it was a life drawing class... not an "Abstract" art class...  Laughing
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:27 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #17
Page 1 of 1