Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Web Design 2014 - help

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Web Design 2014 - help Empty
PostSubject: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

In brief: I'm old school, started out designing sites with basic HTML and a little JAVA - I stopped learning new stuff back in the early 2000s... My website I've had all these years (and put countless HOURS of work into) is super obsolete. It works fine on my own PC and if I use only IE.

I said all that to ask this: What would you recommend I do to upgrade my website I currently have ?  I'm an old dog who doesn't want to learn a bunch of new tricks - I'd rather get some kind of WYSIWYG site that is very versatile. I like the freedom I've always had with my own scratch site, but have found that a lot of web services limit you.

Are there any GOOD services that I can begin moving/re-creating my old website so I'm up to date with the latest web standards ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

No clue myself, can't say that I have ever developed a website (don't know Java, Python, etc.).

My son is starting to get into it though and he does what they now call "scripting" for several of the video games he likes (which looks like subroutines to me...) But all I have ever done is some Fortran and a little RPL on my calculator.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm

wix.com

That's what I have used for the Mission Of One site.  Also, it's free unless you want to purchase an URL name that is specific to your site.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks guys. I signed up for Wix about a year ago and fiddled with it for a few minutes before I decided it wasn't going to work for what I want to do... but that was a year ago. I may just venture on over there and give er another try. Maybe go at this from another angle.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:03 pm

I believe that solid over at the Firestream Vault has done web design. You could probably ask him about it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:16 pm

thanks !
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Wix is the one I've heard the most but I never looked at it since I'm like you (Old school and simple).

This is what I plan to look into when I get free time. Haha.

Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 am

Hardkore wrote:
I believe that solid over at the Firestream Vault has done web design. You could probably ask him about it.

You could also ask Musician_DM.  He's also into web design.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Wix is the one I've heard the most but I never looked at it since I'm like you (Old school and simple).

This is what I plan to look into when I get free time. Haha.

Looks involved. Course when I spent countless hours learning html and java, it was involved back then. But once I became a pro, everything changed.

So I may very well check that one out and toy around with it, but it still looks scary.

I just wish they had a simplistic system for taking old school sites and converting the code to new stuff.

Gonna hafta bite that bullet and do something... decisions decisions...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

You could also ask Musician_DM.  He's also into web design.

I shall ! Thanks for dropping some names !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Web Design 2014 - help   Web Design 2014 - help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Web Design 2014 - help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: