Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Incrave (melodic metal)

Go down 
+4
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
Fundy
kerrick
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Incrave (melodic metal) Empty
PostSubject: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Anyone heard of Incrave?  They're on Ulterium Records - so if you got/downloaded their sampler, you've heard the below song.  I recently got their two albums and am really digging them.  They're allegedly a "Christian" band though their lyrics are more about thoughts, emotions, and the like - with some eluding to a Savior, higher power, etc.  They're melodic power metal though darker sounding than your typical power metal.  Hard to describe... maybe a bit more morose?  Very good stuff regardless.  Check 'em out!  Any fans here?

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Great music, but the lyrics let them down (for me).  Too subliminal!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Not a huge fan myself, but this band used to call themselves "Evergrace" back when they released their first album. I thought that was a better name then "Incrave", but I guess people were confusing them with the secular band "Evergrey"

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Fundy wrote:
Great music, but the lyrics let them down (for me).  Too subliminal!

I hear ya.  They definitely don't fit the bill for "worship music" though they engage the listener on a more human, emotional level - through the context/lens of faith.  I can appreciate that and if it gets the listener thinking and feeling, that can be a great first step in connecting with God on a deeper level.

Staybrite wrote:
Not a huge fan myself, but this band used to call themselves "Evergrace" back when they released their first album.  I thought that was a better name then "Incrave", but I guess people were confusing them with the secular band "Evergrey"

Yes, they re-released their first album under Incrave and titled it The Escape.  Personally, I much prefer Dead End as it feels much more mature and more thought-out.  You may want to give it a shot!  Though it is pretty similar in style to their first album so if it's just not your thing, you probably won't dig Dead End either.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:25 pm

I felt like they had potential but weren't quite there musically, then they were gone.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm

I have the CD too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:48 pm

I liked them but didn't love them.  I have the CDs but haven't played them in years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 pm

No, I wouldn't say they're out-of-this-world-fantastic or anything, though I have definitely really been enjoying them!  I've been kinda in the mood for something like them.  Anyone know of other bands that may be comparable?  I think Riverside kinda has some similar emotions in their music, though they're more on the proggy side of things (which I used to like and now I prefer less prog).  Also, Riverside isn't Christian but I don't recall anything offensive in their lyrics, at least the ones I heard.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 pm

solid metal.... they were pretty good but not a frequent repeater in my player
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Just got this in my recent bandcamp purchase, haven't had the time to really play it yet. so can't give my opinion yet.

the first song is catchy though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incrave (melodic metal)   Incrave (melodic metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incrave (melodic metal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: