Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nine Lashes - From Water to War

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Nine Lashes - From Water to War Empty
PostSubject: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:36 am

Anyone pick this up?. It is a really good CD. They have beefed up the Electronica on some of the songs but it still rocks. There probably will be some comparison to Red, but form Red member Jasen Rauch is a co-producer on this album. I highly recommend getting this one if you haven't.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:40 am

I'll check it out but the term electronica makes me nervous.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I'll check it out but the term electronica makes me nervous.

Its in a good way. Maybe electronica was a bad choice, but it was all I could think of. The whole album rocks however. Funny story thou about this CD. I went to Family Christian to get the CD. They said they had 3 in stock. I spent 45 minutes looking for the CD. I'm looking thru all the CD's and can't find it all. They cant find it in the back or on their carts. They call all over to another of their stores that's like 20 minutes away. But as I am doing one last search I find the section labeled Southern Gospel and to what should I find...all 3 copies. I mean, I heard that they had a little bit of a new sound but didn't realize they went that far in changing.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Sounds good.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I bought the downloads after hearing clips on www.jesusfreakhideout.com.  Boy, am I glad I bought this through the discounted Emusic!  I like the more rockin' songs.  However, the slower ballads just totally stink.  They are nothing more than keyboard pop.  Even the drums in those songs are programmed!  It's like having two different bands on one CD, or one band full of schizophrenics!  There is just too much distance between the rock songs and the keyboard/pop songs for this to be fully enjoyable.  I will probably delete the 4-5 tracks that just plain stink so that I can enjoy the rest.  That's what I have had to do with Icon For Hire.

To be honest, with newer albums by Red, We As Human, Skillet, Icon For Hire, The Letter Black, and now this, I have to wonder if this brand of rock music isn't pretty much dead as it's all getting so cookie cutter and similarly packaged.  It isn't selling, so they are putting in something that is that will further alienate their current fanbase.  Trust me--if I wanted this style of pop music, I would have been buying it already from an artist who does it better.  Rock bands and keyboard pop just are not a good combination.  Some electronic elements can be nice to give something a bit of a different flavor, but don't switch genres completely in the middle of your release and expect the fans to follow that.

I would not be surprised if this is Nine Lashes last album.  If they continue, I would expect them either to try to recover as a rock band or go completely over to the Newsboys style that the slow songs on this album suggest they are headed. 

This is my first Razzie for the year!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Hmm, I was afraid of that. The last Red was like that, about half very good and half skippers.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm just the opposite. I think the ballads are really good, especially Surrender. I definitely like it better than World We View. I can't really find a song that I don't like.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm

If you cut off 5 of these tracks, it would make a strong EP.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 am

Is this a 2014 release?

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:10 am

Staybrite wrote:
Is this a 2014 release?

Yes it just came out this past Tuesday the 21st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - From Water to War   Nine Lashes - From Water to War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nine Lashes - From Water to War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: