Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm not a fan ...

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Staybrite
messiaen77
7 posters
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm

... of worship music outside of the context of worship services.  I don't just pop it in to listen to while I'm vacuuming or driving or whatever.  My church has been using this song for weeks now and it has really gotten inside me.  I can't shake it and I don't wanna.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Hey I liked that too and I'm not at all much of a worship fan myself.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 am

I like the worship songs we sing in church.
But I never buy CDs with worships songs.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm

I like them in church but I don't listen to WAY FM or K-LOVE or whatever the popular CCM format is these days. Can't stand to listen to it unless I am IN church. Away from church give me Bloodgood or Stryper.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 am

I don't like to listen to worship music--unless I am just really stressed out and in need of some relaxation.  I still don't listen to The Fish or WAY-FM or K-Love.  I like to discover artists for myself through a song I've heard here or there.  I sometimes just need to kind of reboot life and some lighter stuff seems to do that for me.  So, I do buy some worship albums, but not many.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:50 pm

P&W in and of itself is not bad, it's just "generic" - this is the reason we don't prefer it as a musical genre that we'd go out and buy albums by these artists.

It is excellent for worship time - What it accomplishes is a bridge for all ages and all musical preferences to come together as one to worship our worthy Creator.

But as for recreational listening ? I'll be poppin in a Bloodgood CD to listen to over a Chris Tomlin album. It's certainly not a matter of talent, as many P&W artists have a lot of talent, rather it's a matter of musical preference.

One other issue for me is the occasional silly lyric, or even the lyrics that may have incorrect doctrine in them (songs that were not well thought out when they were writing them)
- Silly lyrics (to me) is singing "and I can feel this God-song rising up in me"... "God-song"??  Neutral 
Others are the songs that, for example, have a word like "Ne'er" for Never  Rolling Eyes 

One example of something we shouldn't be singing in a New Covenant church today is the Psalm where David sang "Take not your Holy Spirit from me"... I don't want to get all doctrinal here, but I cannot sing that song knowing what God teaches in the New Covenant about the permanent Sealing of Spirit in the believer, the Holy Spirit who takes up permanent residence in the N.T. believer... I think it's insulting to sing to God to please don't take that Spirit from me, when He already said He WON'T.

I could go on with the examples and the fact that the songs have repetitions (something that drives me crazy), even God said "sing Me a new song."

On the flip side of my ramblings here, there are certain P&W songs that simply jump out of the box and give me chills... those are the ones I will buy just that song and listen to.
And I also have the first 4 Maranatha! Praise Band releases from the early 90s as those have a special place in my heart as I was a new believer then and listened to them over and over.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:05 pm

I played that song with a worship band last year. It wasn't bad at all, but not very memorable IMO.

I only own a few worship albums, and I practically never listen to them. There's one of them I only have because I found it in a pawnshop, and it's in French (French Christian music is hard to come by). Personally, I'd rather listen to musically complex music with deep lyrics (Breathless Wonderment, by Barnabas, stands out to me as such a song).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm not a fan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm not a fan ...   I'm not a fan ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm not a fan ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: