Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! Empty
PostSubject: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 pm

So I was downloading different music players cuz frankly I'm completely sick of iTunes and Windows Media and REAL player (which won't even open, let alone play anything), too many glitches and lack of freedoms - 
After 3 different mediocre players, I found the HOLY GRAIL of players !!! I love this player:
MUSICBEE !
http://getmusicbee.com/

Bottom line is this player is super easy to use, does everything you want it to do, IS FREE, and the best part: It displays band pictures while a song is playing... I first used it playing 80s popular songs, and tripped out on the picture shuffles while the songs played. Then I wondered how it would fare with Christian bands... it recognized Crystavox, the Crucified, even Cynical Limit !! and it shuffled band photos from these artists while the songs played !!! 

This player is awesome ! I give it a 9 out of 10, I totally love it !!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 pm

I prefer to download from CNET http://download.cnet.com/MusicBee/3000-2141_4-75015186.html?tag=mncol;1

just make sure you read each step so you don't download some extra crap you don't want.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm listening to right now (it's in the "Compact Player" mode right now)

COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! Musicb10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Looks cool, but I wonder where it gets the pictures from. If it's google I would be a little worried. I've some crazy (inappropriate) stuff that shows up when I google band names.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:42 pm

So far it's been SPOT ON accurate. I listened to a mix of hundreds of different 80s pop songs and it had band photos for the current song for almost every song played (it only misses the ones that don't have proper ID3 tags) - I think it's accessing a databank somewhere, somehow - kind of like how SoundHound does. 
So far it's been 100% accurate, no weird pictures that didn't match the band or anything. VERY surprised at how many Christian bands it recognizes.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Ok, take it back... I was watching the shuffled band photos of the Choir when a picture came up of some band from the 60s with all kinds of Japanese print all over the photo.... definitely NOT The Choir  Laughing
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:54 pm

This is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Ok that picture has me thinking that a band member is missing. There are two six-string guitarists in that picture. The band still needs a dummer, bassist and singer. Did the singer pull double duty and play an instrument as well as sing?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Well, it doesn't look like it works on a Mac, so I can't benefit from this. Oh well.

(Besides, iTunes works well for me and my iPod/iPhone, even though its coverage of band photos is spotty at best.)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Weird, you have a point....even the lineup doesn't say anything about a bassist:
Fred Helm- drums; 
Loren Holmquist- Guitar; 
Adam Kemp- Vox; 
Tony Lopez- Guitar

I'd have to pull out my CDs at home and read the full credits to figure that one out...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:52 pm

I gotta say though, despite any tiny flaws, this player ROCKS !!!! I love it ! Been using it all day ! Every function works great and settings are really cool !

It EVEN displays the lyrics of the current song ! Kind of like SoundHound
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Weird, you have a point....even the lineup doesn't say anything about a bassist:
Fred Helm- drums; 
Loren Holmquist- Guitar; 
Adam Kemp- Vox; 
Tony Lopez- Guitar

I'd have to pull out my CDs at home and read the full credits to figure that one out...

I'm willing to bet they either had a guest bass player for both albums, or one of the guitarists played bass on the album. Kinda makes you wonder what they did for live performances.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 12:05 am

On their 1st release, none of them played bass, but rather had "additional musicians" including 
Leo Correia on Bass.

Their 2nd release included bass-work by 2 of the band members:

Adam Kemp- Vox, Keyboard;

Loren Holmquist- Rhythm Guitar, Keyboard, Bass

Fred Helm- drums; 

Tony Lopez- Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Bass
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm

So both of my guesses were right.  Interesting to see they didn't have an official bass player for either album.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:55 pm

No, most bands have a bass player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!   COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COOLEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER !!!
Page 1 of 1