Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amazon $5 Downloads

Go down 
+7
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
BearDad
MikeInFla
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Amazon $5 Downloads Empty
PostSubject: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Amazon is having a sale right now and has several (I think it's like 3000) mp3 albums for sale at only $5 each.  There isn't a ton of Christian hard music there, but I have found a few (and there are more).

The new albums from Scott Stapp, Icon For Hire, Decyfer Down & Letter Black are all $5.

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Hire-For/dp/B00FGK4EX8/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_16

http://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Decyfer-Down/dp/B00ETQM42S/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_9

http://www.amazon.com/Rebuild-The-Letter-Black/dp/B00GM9J70C/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_11

http://www.amazon.com/Proof-Life-Scott-Stapp/dp/B00G3NGUH0/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_2

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_hps_bw_srch?rh=i%3Adigital-music-album%2Cn%3A2384464011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A625150011&page=1&bbn=2384464011&rw_html_to_wsrp=1&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=1N487BK94BWYBSV3DD66&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1710084362&pf_rd_i=2384464011

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks. Went ahead and DLed the Scott Stapp album as I had some credit.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:20 pm

I bought Eagles live when they had that sale last year. Some were even 2.99.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Awesome! I pulled down TLR and DD.  However, I am funcused: I have never heard DD before, but from the various threads around here and at CMR I assumed them to be Christian, which explains why I was surprised to see the world "[Clean]" behind the song titles at Amazon. I googled "decyfer down Christian", just to see what I'd discover, and found this at Wikipedia: "Decyfer Down is made up of Christians."  I then googled "decyfer down explicit" and found no direct reference to them having explicit lyrics.

I'm not trying to start one of those ridiculous theological debates that I avoid (with a passion) over at CMR, but I'm curious about this.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Hmm, I always thought DD was a Christian band, maybe they don't dig the label "Christian Band" or something. Quite frankly with the lack of Christ showing up in bands lyrics these days I have a hard time finding the difference between many secular vs. Christian artists.

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:16 pm

For those that don't have it, Stryper's The Covering is there, Icon's Scripted is there too
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
with the lack of Christ showing up in bands lyrics these days I have a hard time finding the difference between many secular vs. Christian artists.

Very true. There aren't that many "Christian" metal and hard rock bands that make a bold statement lyrically. When it comes to Decyfer Down, I had just never gotten around to checking them out but always thought they were on this side of the grey secular/Christian line, so the word "clean" puzzled me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

I've seen Scott Stapp in more lists.
Listing to the samples now.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 am

Decyfer Down is Christian. Nothing wrong with their cd's. They have a couple songs where they let their faith shine thru. They may not have a JPM on every song (nor should they in my opinion) but you can tell where they are coming from. Just listen to So In Love (the last song on Scarecrow) and you will know what they are about
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 am

Those guys rock.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:31 am

ChosenOne wrote:
Decyfer Down is Christian. 

Thanks for the confirmation, but unfortunately it only enforces my puzzlement over the "[clean]" label on Amazon.  I wonder if it's a gimmick that DD did themselves, since normally no label means clean and "[Explicit]" means, well ... not clean. Smile If it is a gimmick I'd have to say it's not a good one because of the confusion for folks like me that have never listened to them (well ... had never listened to them; I have the MP3s now. Smile )

Of course, it could just be an Amazon glitch as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:52 am

Their albums are all found in Lifeway.  Trust me--if there is anything objectionable on them, Lifeway is the king of pulling product and banning it from the bookshelves.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:56 am

BearDad wrote:
Awesome! I pulled down TLR and DD.  However, I am funcused: I have never heard DD before, but from the various threads around here and at CMR I assumed them to be Christian, which explains why I was surprised to see the world "[Clean]" behind the song titles at Amazon. I googled "decyfer down Christian", just to see what I'd discover, and found this at Wikipedia: "Decyfer Down is made up of Christians."  I then googled "decyfer down explicit" and found no direct reference to them having explicit lyrics.

I'm not trying to start one of those ridiculous theological debates that I avoid (with a passion) over at CMR, but I'm curious about this.
Amazon is kinda goofy sometimes in how they label their musics.  I was first exposed to DD on Air1 radio, so unless their hiatus resulted in a change of direction, I'd say it is pretty safe to say they are Christian, and logically (I know I am assuming a lot here) the lyrics would be "clean."  I'd be more concerned if they were labeled explicit.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:01 am

I think it's an Amazon glitch. I have all 3 of their CD's and you will not find anything objectionable or anything like that. The only thing they did during their little break was change their sound. First 2 are pretty straight forward modern rock/hard rock Scarecrow they went a little bit more southern rock/grunge sounding but I think it was to play to TJ Harris (lead vocalist) voice.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Amazon puts clean by songs randomly it seems. They also have it by the new Stapp album.
Back to top Go down
phydeaux72

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Both iTunes and Amazon have done this several times, more often when it comes to Christian hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 am

7eventh Time Down albums are also $5.

DD is Christian. Amazon just puts that label on some for some reason. It's on other Christian releases as well.

mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm

If I was in their situation I'd describe myself as CLEAN as well....  The minute you put 'christian' on a label you just shut out a portion of your potential audience...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah, but sadly "clean" has a similar effect.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Amazon $5 Downloads   Amazon $5 Downloads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Yeah, but sadly "clean" has a similar effect.

True but I would think that a vanilla description as 'clean' wouldn't become an immediate turn of...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Amazon $5 Downloads
Page 1 of 1