Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My MRI today

Go down 
+7
alldatndensum
Mac
rockerVu2
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My MRI today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My MRI today   My MRI today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks. Step one is having a tooth removed. (everyone scratches their head and says wha??) I have a tooth that a dentist did a crown on 6 years ago - he ground it down several times until we finally agreed that it was comfortable enough to bite down on. Unfortunately it was still a millimeter too much and over the years of chewing, because it was slightly longer than the rest of the row of teeth, it ended up breaking one of the roots. Over time that root eventually began to shatter and bust into several pieces. It wasn't until about 6 months ago that I actually noticed the gum was inflamed and sore. I went in and a different dentist said the tooth was loose, one of the 3 roots were shattered, and that my body was "rejecting" that tooth... what's left of it. 
So, another long story short, I have to have that tooth removed before the surgeon will even talk to me about scheduling anything. Soonest I can get in for the dentist is next week on the 16th. They'll poke and prod, look at my xrays, agree that it needs to come out, then schedule the extraction quickly since I have to have back surgery asap.

(for anyone curious as to "why" - well, the tooth may have infection or begin to get infected in the time between now and back surgery - and a body cannot have any infection in it at all when major surgery is performed

Double sigh.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: My MRI today   My MRI today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 am

Ah yes, I've known several people who had to wait for something else to be worked on before the original symptom can be done.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My MRI today   My MRI today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:58 pm

I was reading a book I got for Christmas last night. I love trivia type books. Stuff thats quick and easy to read... Anyway, one of the "facts" was the the astronauts who spent time on SkyLab grew over an inch while there because of zero gravity straightening out spines.....

Sounds crazy, but it sounds like they were on to something about spinal disorders without actually doing a study about them.... If only someone had the funds to investigate this further. Sounds crazy but who knows when people have back pain they may be willing to try anything.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: My MRI today   My MRI today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:22 pm

I'd do it !

I currently have an Inversion Table. Cool table you lean up against, then, like a teeter-totter, you hang upside down. Feels amazing while the pressure's off the discs... but it's only temp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My MRI today   My MRI today - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My MRI today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2