Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Score

Go down 
+4
Mac
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Believe it or not, I usually don't care about what I get for Christmas. My interest is in successfully finding things my wife and kids either need or want, and if I've done well it's what they need AND want. However, this year I got a few items from my family that have me stoked!

Christmas Score 2013-12-25%2012.23.48

Christmas Score 2013-12-25%2020.21.52
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm with you but this year my wife and girls bought me one of those self contained record players which actually has decent sound. I'm not blaming them for my obsession.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 am

I did not get anything quite that exciting (if you call a turntable for vinyl exciting...LOL).

I did not ask for a lot.  I wanted several books and three movies of which I did receive.  I got a new raincoat, a new wallet, and three new t-shirts with Batman, Star Wars, and Star Trek on them.  My mother-in-law bought me some new New Balance shoes and two pairs of jeans.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 am

I didn't give anyone in my family any ideas for myself this year because I have everything I need and then some. This year I want to pay it forward. That being said I did get a new set of pots & pans which I absolutely love. I also got a Roasting Essentials cookbook from Williams Sonoma. But what I am the most excited about was getting new winter Jammie's and warm fuzzy socks. A girl can never have enough warm fuzzy socks!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:17 am

I got some They Might Be Giants albums on vinyl as well as a TMBG shirt . . . oh, and a pound of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups . . . each cup is half a pound Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:01 pm

She Eats Cheese wrote:
I didn't give anyone in my family any ideas for myself this year because I have everything I need and then some. This year I want to pay it forward. That being said I did get a new set of pots & pans which I absolutely love. I also got a Roasting Essentials cookbook from Williams Sonoma. But what I am the most excited about was getting new winter Jammie's and warm fuzzy socks. A girl can never have enough warm fuzzy socks!

You sound like my wife. Not that that is bad, mind you! Smile It's just that she will never tell me what she wants, making me guess.

I don't typically say what I want either, but I do keep a running Amazon wish list for my own purposes ("I'll get this later when I have the money for it"), and I share it with the family so they can keep up with my interests. That's how they knew about the Stryper CD and the noise cancelling headphones (side note: it's interesting that they bought the $50 set I had in the wish list and not the $300 Bose set that was also there! Smile ).

The CS Lewis and Boenhoffer audio drama CDs were a complete and wonderful surprise.
Back to top Go down

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I got a Lexus!

j/k

got an iTunes giftcard, some shirts and pants and a cat!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Was the cat in a hat?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Rabid Rob wrote:
...and a cat!

Pictures required!  We have a thread just for that too.   Very Happy 

As for me, I posted this in the latest purchases thread before I saw this thread:

kerrick wrote:
Got these for Christmas:

Sanctifica - Spirit Of Purity
16 Horsepower - Live March 2001 (from my sister but it hasn't arrived yet)
My Silent Wake - Et Lux Perpetua shirt
Shaun Of The Dead / Hot Fuzz / The World's End combo-pack blu-ray

I also got a .22 rifle though due to CA's stupid laws, I have to wait for a few more days before I can pick it up (for those of you who don't know, Commie-fornia has a 10-day "cool off" period between buying and taking home any firearm).  I can't wait though to shoot it!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Evern on .22s? Wow.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah and a law passed that they're going to start doing background checks (i.e. firearm registration) for ALL firearms now, not just handguns.  In CA to buy a handgun, you must have a background check taken, take written test, take a non-written test (loading/unloading your gun with a dummy round), and provide proof of residency in addition to your driver's license.  The last one has got me because they're very picky of what is ok and what isn't.  STUPID.  Now they're going to do that for all firearms (and yes, even .22s).  *sigh*
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:34 am

In Tennessee, you don't have any cooling off period.  You do have to pass a background check which can be done over the phone or by computer right in the store.  This is for handguns only.  If you want to buy a rifle, you can buy them off the rack and take them with you.

To be honest, I think all of this is too much.  Most people, if they wanted to kill someone, would not spend the money to purchase a new weapon that the state has a record of you owning.  They would go into a bad section of town and buy one from a freelance street vendor or steal one themselves.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Haven't had gifts for Christmas.
I'm grateful my husband wasn't injured more with the mountainbike accident in September.I'm glad still to have a little furry friend.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I didn't get much for Christmas either, $50 from my mother-in-law, a few gift cards and a shirt from my wife. But then I did get a brand new car earlier this month.
 Laughing 

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:31 pm

We celebrated Christmas with my brother and his family yesterday and they got me a gift basket with a beef stick and assorted cheeses from Hickory Farms!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Score Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Score   Christmas Score I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Score
Page 1 of 1