Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Descendants ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 am

(I'm sure this band has been discussed in the past, but since I'm always late on these things)

What's the story with Last Descendants ?

Encyclopedia Metallum says their lyrical themes include Christianity. Some of the lyrics on "One Nation Under God" seem rather pro-Christian. And yet I've read elsewhere that the band was NOT a Christian band.

Anyone got any solid info on them ?

Last Descendants ? 4374
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

Never heard of 'em but that's a pretty cheese-a-rific cover! Love it.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:06 am

From what I can recall they had some apocalyptic ideas in the songs but weren't a christian band. Stormspell has rereleased it with added songs.
That font reminds me of Leviticus.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 am

I just started reading one of their song's (Malpractice) lyrics and it's got the f-word in it FYI... Interesting lyrics too.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:48 am

I really like that album cover! Very Happy

Perhaps in their songs they just mention God sometimes since the also talk about political stuffs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:07 am

Interesting... good info yo.

Curse words don't bother me so much (depends on the context).

Someone had sent me some Last Descendants stuff several years ago, bunched in with several Christian rock and metal albums. I always wondered about them (having only given them a casual listen), whether they fall into the category of Christian metal or secular.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 am

Never heard of this band at all. I don't ever remember them being discussed here.

Guilty/Forgiven

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 am

Staybrite wrote:
Never heard of this band at all.  I don't ever remember them being discussed here.
That's good... sometimes a band is discussed, then along comes Jim about 6 months later asking questions about the same band in a new thread.

Problem is, the NiceBoard Search engine doesn't always come through for me, so rather than search dozens of pages, I just make a new post about a band.

And regarding Last Descendants, I'll hafta remove them from my "Christian" collection, and move them over to my mainstream collection. (My organizational OCD must be fed) geek
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Problem is, the NiceBoard Search engine doesn't always come through for me, so rather than search dozens of pages, I just make a new post about a band.
Nothing wrong with that.

Guilty/Forgiven

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 am

Thumbs Up 

Isn't it funny how we children of God are about bands. We listen primarily to Christian bands, or bands with Christians in them, and very little mainstream music... but when a band appears Christian, we jump all over them - "Are they Christian ?" "Boy, I sure hope so" "So and so said they were, but I'm not sure" etc etc etc. 
God did call us a peculiar people and He was right.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Kind of wish for the old days when it was blatantly obvious when most bands were Christian or secular.

Last Descendants ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Descendants ?   Last Descendants ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Descendants ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: